Bad practice, Coach?

Honestly I never listen to that stuff.

I expect a practice to be termed bad. I expect Bo to act the Lion, and I always expect stupid questions from the media.

The only bad practice you have is when someone gets hurt. Other than that it is just normal everyday coaching. One has to be bad, sorta like good guy bad guy tag teams.

No Concern in any way.

the reason the reporters always ask dumb questions one after another, 5 different ways of the same thing is cuz most of them probably never really played football--either at a high level in highschool and most certainly not in college...

to ask if "it was a certain drill" right after he said it was a bad practice shows they don't really have any knowledge of how to judge an entire team for an entire practice. One play, one drill, one great effort does not a practice make...these guys want sound bites and depth charts, not full evaluations

the reason the reporters always ask dumb questions one after another, 5 different ways of the same thing is cuz most of them probably never really played football--either at a high level in highschool and most certainly not in college...

to ask if "it was a certain drill" right after he said it was a bad practice shows they don't really have any knowledge of how to judge an entire team for an entire practice. One play, one drill, one great effort does not a practice make...these guys want sound bites and depth charts, not full evaluations

Then try asking something along the lines of, "What would characterize a good practice?" It might get another quip answer, but there's at least an off chance we'll get some insight into when Bo knows his team is ready for the big leagues.

I am certain we had this same conversation last year at this time.

A terrible practice, what a loss, useless.

A few days later they were really bringing it. were getting it.

Happens on every team, by every coach in the country.

Happened to me at every level I can think of in numerous sports.

All will be fine in a couple of days and he will singing their praise.

Coach Speak, nothing more, nothing less.

Man he knows how to end an interview quickly for sure.

No nonsense. No prisoners, do the job, Get R Done.

An awful lot like Stoops, no question. I would imagine there was a certain High School coach that ran the ship the same way. These two are to close in actions not to have picked it up at the same place.

Bo just wants to see steady improvement. That means everyday, when he sees them let up I'm sure he is having flashbacks of all the busted plays last year. He isn't going to put up with anything less than 100% effort and if he doesn't see it he going to go HIGH ORDER like we saw today.

I love it! That's how champions are forged!

Go ahead Bo let'em have it!

GBR

Man he knows how to end an interview quickly for sure.

No nonsense. No prisoners, do the job, Get R Done.

An awful lot like Stoops, no question. I would imagine there was a certain High School coach that ran the ship the same way. These two are to close in actions not to have picked it up at the same place.

i dont know this for sure, and its off the top of my head, but i think that papa stoops was the high school coach for them

THis is the danger of having beat writers getting one on ones with the coaches every time you turn around during preseason camp. The coach's mood varies based on a number of factors. When the come into interviews hostile it catches reporters off guard. Bad questions and coach speak follow. Cut the number of interviews down, period. That's the solution. It won't happen, but that is the solution.