Do we get the monkey off our back?

As much as I would love to say yes, I do not think there is a chance at this time.

VaTech will tell the story and they would really be the only chance we will have if they are a top ten team when we play them.

Lee may prove me wrong, as it is all in his court the way I see it.

No chance against Oklahoma at home and no chance against Oklahoma/Texas/Oklahoma State in CCG.

Next year is the first real opportunity in my mind.

Hope I am wrong though.

I think no, but not categorically. I think you will have a good team, and if everyone is healthy, the stars align right, and you get some breaks, this team could beat anyone. Will they beat a top 10, probably not, but the odds get better when you are minus one Bill Callahan...

As much as I would love to say yes, I do not think there is a chance at this time.

VaTech will tell the story and they would really be the only chance we will have if they are a top ten team when we play them.

Lee may prove me wrong, as it is all in his court the way I see it.

No chance against Oklahoma at home and no chance against Oklahoma/Texas/Oklahoma State in CCG.

Next year is the first real opportunity in my mind.

Hope I am wrong though.

NO chance? A 0% chance? Seriously?? I guess I don't have to go to the Oklahoma game anymore if there's no chance to win. Wait.. didn't 1-4 Stanford beat 5-0 USC a couple years ago? I seem to remember 5-4 Iowa beating 9-0 Penn State last year. Oh yeah, upsets DO happen ALL THE TIME in college football. But it would be silly to think that Nebraska could upset anybody.

Obviously he didn't mean 0%. There's always a chance.

I don't think it'll happen this season. I don't see us beating VT, especially without Q's help in the backfield. We'll need a couple turnovers, and Tyrod is turnover prone so it could happen. If we pulled it off, the sky's the limit for the rest of the season. Can you imagine going into a home game with #1 Oklahoma at 8-0 and in the top 5?

Obviously he didn't mean 0%. There's always a chance.

I don't think it'll happen this season. I don't see us beating VT, especially without Q's help in the backfield. We'll need a couple turnovers, and Tyrod is turnover prone so it could happen. If we pulled it off, the sky's the limit for the rest of the season. Can you imagine going into a home game with #1 Oklahoma at 8-0 and in the top 5?

Apparently sarcasm is a lost art.. It's a major pet peeve of mine when people say there's no chance. There's ALWAYS a chance. If he didn't mean 0%, he shouldn't have said it.

well, I'd say there is a chance. We should have beath TT last year when they were ranked like 7? and that was on THEIR field. Kind of depends on the ranking of the teams we play though, really. Even having it at home, after seeing some of the OU v. Florida game rerun the other day, I just don't see how we can pull that off unless we made some really, really big strides defensively. To me it depends on if someone else can manage to squeak up there before we play them, like say Kansas.

I do know one thing, I'm freakin sick of the bigger monkey of North vs. South, so much so that I will be pulling hardcore for ANY north team against any south team from now on. Even Mizzou.

well, I'd say there is a chance. We should have beath TT last year when they were ranked like 7? and that was on THEIR field. Kind of depends on the ranking of the teams we play though, really. Even having it at home, after seeing some of the OU v. Florida game rerun the other day, I just don't see how we can pull that off unless we made some really, really big strides defensively. To me it depends on if someone else can manage to squeak up there before we play them, like say Kansas.

I do know one thing, I'm freakin sick of the bigger monkey of North vs. South, so much so that I will be pulling hardcore for ANY north team against any south team from now on. Even Mizzou.

Mizzou? I hope you smacked yourself after speaking such blasphemy :clap

Mizzou? I hope you smacked yourself after speaking such blasphemy :clap

I don't really care who beats who in the conference, as long as we are the ones holding the Big 12 championship trophy by season end.