Suh May Be NU's Best Defensive Lineman -- Ever

NUance

Ndamukong Suh May Be Nebraska's Best Defensive Lineman -- Ever

Posted Aug 28, 2009 8:00PM By Terrance Harris (RSS feed)

It's one thing to be mentioned in the same breath as some of the Nebraska Cornhuskers' great defensive linemen of the past.

Grant Wistrom. Rich Glover. Larry Jacobson. Neil Smith. Danny Noona. Kenny Walker. Jason Peter.

It's another thing altogether to leapfrog your name ahead of all of them. Yet that's position senior defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh finds himself in going into his final season in Lincoln.

link

Best *ever*? Not yet. But I hope people are saying this at the end of the season.

Ndamukong Suh May Be Nebraska's Best Defensive Lineman -- Ever

Posted Aug 28, 2009 8:00PM By Terrance Harris (RSS feed)

It's one thing to be mentioned in the same breath as some of the Nebraska Cornhuskers' great defensive linemen of the past.

Grant Wistrom. Rich Glover. Larry Jacobson. Neil Smith. Danny Noona. Kenny Walker. Jason Peter.

It's another thing altogether to leapfrog your name ahead of all of them. Yet that's position senior defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh finds himself in going into his final season in Lincoln.

link

Best *ever*? Not yet. But I hope people are saying this at the end of the season.

Grant Wistrom was pretty effing dominating. Maybe if you say DT he has a shot. Did wistrom start as a freshman? I know he started alot of games, seems like he would have started more than Suh in my mind, but Suh was a three year starter and didnt redshirt.

Wistrom was 3rd Team All American as a Soph. 1st Team as a JR. and SR. Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year JR. & SR. Lombardi winner as a SR and you can also throw in that he was Big 12 Newcomer of the Year as a Frosh. Oh he was part of 3 National Championship teams as well.

Sorry Suh is not even in the same catagory as that guy and he doens't have enough time left in his career to reach that level. I don't think you can be the best ever when you have 2 years of your career where you did nothing.

seems a pointless argument at times, Wistrom had the advantage of other great players playing around him, helped him achieve greatness as well, but his NFL career was undisputed, he was a force in the NFL.

Suh will be a good one, too early to say how good he will be in the league, but i suspect he will be a force, just as was Wistrom.

Wistrom was 3rd Team All American as a Soph. 1st Team as a JR. and SR. Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year JR. & SR. Lombardi winner as a SR and you can also throw in that he was Big 12 Newcomer of the Year as a Frosh. Oh he was part of 3 National Championship teams as well.

Sorry Suh is not even in the same catagory as that guy and he doens't have enough time left in his career to reach that level. I don't think you can be the best ever when you have 2 years of your career where you did nothing.

I'm not saying you're wrong because you do make a good case here...

However, let's take into consideration the quality of coaching Wistrom and Suh had during their respective college careers. All things considered, Suh is a great player. I mean, if Suh had Charlie McBribe coaching him during his career we just might be saying that he's the best ever. Even Jason Peter thinks that Suh is the best he's ever seen.

I agree with what you are saying, except that he is not even close. If he has a breakout year again he will move up the charts? Will he be the best ever? It is hard to predict that right now. He is an amazing football player and is versatile. Wistrom is one of my all time favorites so Suh will have to be unbelievable to jump him.