Okafor

The Spread just confirmed a statement released by Bo that Okafor has left the team....

I believe Collins will be headed towards Standford, where he was offered a scholarship last year (but chose UNL).

On scholarship, though? I would think he'd have to be a walk-on player at this point. Of course, I don't know their roster situation, but just seems odd they'd give him a football scholarship.

The Spread just confirmed a statement released by Bo that Okafor has left the team....

I believe Collins will be headed towards Standford, where he was offered a scholarship last year (but chose UNL).

On scholarship, though? I would think he'd have to be a walk-on player at this point. Of course, I don't know their roster situation, but just seems odd they'd give him a football scholarship.

Yeah, I highly doubt they offer him a scholarship; we'll just have to see.

So he led the backs in spring game with 93 yards and he has abruptly left. We seem to have a problem at running back and it is a long time since we led the country in rushing. Did Beck ever play. Solich did and was a very good backs coach. Am I missing something here? So Castille Okafor who is next?

I have heard other names and positions where there may be more suprises!

So he led the backs in spring game with 93 yards and he has abruptly left. We seem to have a problem at running back and it is a long time since we led the country in rushing. Did Beck ever play. Solich did and was a very good backs coach. Am I missing something here? So Castille Okafor who is next?

I have heard other names and positions where there may be more suprises!

Castille didn't abruptly leave the program though on his own. He was dismissed for DISCIPLINARY issues. Okafor left because he was so far down on the depth chart it was pointless to stay on if he was never going to touch the field. If he thinks he has more to offer another program then I wish him all the best! Thanks for the effort though, because he definitely worked his tail off.

:restore

I hate saying this... all BC boys are quitting or getting axed, the pattern is so clear now. Glenn, Castille, Q, Okafor... who is next? First was the cleanout of the coaching staff in year one, and now they are weeding out the problems on the team... I bet dollars to donuts that there are BC recruited players creating a stink and the staff is simply weeding them out and allowing them to quit. If they wanted Okafor to stay, Bo would have made it happen.

Glenn was an unfortunate situation.. he made the mistake of selling his free student tickets- not like that isn't common practice.

Glenn worked hard and was a big contributor at LB when he played last year, I don't see the reason to knock him. After he was dismissed he didn't create a big scene. He has no beef with me.

Well given the fact that they won't let him get some touches I wouldn't doubt it if Mendoza would leave the team. For the life of me I just can't figure out why they don't get him the ball. If there is one thing I hate about this staff and the last staff it's that they don't put playmakers on the field. They require that they know every single freakin play and insist that they all block before they let them run a route or a bubble screen. If you look around college football you'll notice that every top team has a playmaker and I'm almost positive they don't all do everything perfect. I'm sure Rainey and Demps aren't perfect blockers. Pryor wasn't a perfect passer. Mcknight I'm sure didn't know all the plays as a true frosh. I'm sure Julio Jones and AJ Green didn't do everything perfect either, but they got them on the field and got them the ball. Please, please, please just get Mendoza the freakin ball!! I really like Burkhead and I think he'll be a very good player, but some of the middle screens that he's gotten, Mendoza probably could have gotten about 20 more yards, possibly a td on one in particular.

:yeah

At least let him return kickoffs. This kid has blinding speed.

GBR!!!