Dillard moved to WILL

I don't get the Dillard love. This move is because they want more beef stopping the run AND because Dillard has worked hard to earn playing time. When NU gets back into conference play, I don't think Dillard plays a lot of WILL. Maybe he gets worked in at MIKE, but he isn't fast enough IMO to play spread passing teams at the WILL.

Maybe they are looking at some 3-4 options during the game? :dunno I mean, when Taylor gets pass the line he pretty much picks up chunks of yards and first downs rather easily. Dillard doesnt have speed, so weakside doesnt make much sense. And he's not a coverage guy. But he does have experience and is a hitter most of the time. And if the RBs get pass the line, do we really have heavy hitters that are going to wrap 'em up? Have we shown that consistently so far? Not exactly. He'll get some field time and rotated in is prolly all that it is.

Just food for thought.

Maybe they are looking at some 3-4 options during the game? :dunno I mean, when Taylor gets pass the line he pretty much picks up chunks of yards and first downs rather easily. Dillard doesnt have speed, so weakside doesnt make much sense. And he's not a coverage guy. But he does have experience and is a hitter most of the time. And if the RBs get pass the line, do we really have heavy hitters that are going to wrap 'em up? Have we shown that consistently so far? Not exactly. He'll get some field time and rotated in is prolly all that it is.

Just food for thought.

If Bo is going to crowd the box to stop the run this makes sense. Bo will still match as he sees fit.

It's because Dillard is better against the run than may/lawrence. I think that BO thinks he needs to have a strong run support guy in. Maybe with the combo of Fisher (fast), Compton (Fast), and Dillard (strong) in there, they will be able to shut down this run game even better.

The gaps that were left open the past 2 games will be taken advantage of by VT if they are left open again. Dillard has lots of gametime experience and has played VT. I think Bo's putting him in because he'll add some calm to the nerves of these young lbs.

:restore

Does anyone know if this move was done today or was it done to start the week? I ask becuase after film review you would think this move would have occurred. Tuesday and Wednesdays practice is usually the hardest action so my guess is that Bo and staff were not impressed with the performance of the LB's or a certain LB yesterday.

Like many have said if this move has to be for his ability to play in the box becuase its not a move for speed. Regardless of the score of our first two game the tackling between the tackles has not been good.

Only two more days of speculation and it cant pass by soon enough.

Does anyone know if this move was done today or was it done to start the week? I ask becuase after film review you would think this move would have occurred. Tuesday and Wednesdays practice is usually the hardest action so my guess is that Bo and staff were not impressed with the performance of the LB's or a certain LB yesterday.

Like many have said if this move has to be for his ability to play in the box becuase its not a move for speed. Regardless of the score of our first two game the tackling between the tackles has not been good.

Only two more days of speculation and it cant pass by soon enough.

Well they reported yesterday that he was practicing with the 1's so I would guess either Monday or Tuesday.

I don't get the Dillard love. This move is because they want more beef stopping the run AND because Dillard has worked hard to earn playing time. When NU gets back into conference play, I don't think Dillard plays a lot of WILL. Maybe he gets worked in at MIKE, but he isn't fast enough IMO to play spread passing teams at the WILL.

Dillard now weighs 229 and has gotten his 40 down between 4.5-4.6

well then, just get him to get pointy hair like Weatherspoon (sp?) has in that MU fan's sig, and he'll be a heat seeking missle. :)

Well, I hear from my brothers sisters cousins uncle who has a friend that has a friend that knows a guy who knows a guy that is close to a source that has a tv that has internet capabilities that he has ballooned up to 320, grown to 6'5" and runs 3.9 40 and is going to start in the backfield.

Im just sayin, thats what I heard.