Cody Green will get more snaps

rkhufu7

Getting Green some more snaps might be a really good thing. We are three games in and Lee is nicked up already. If there is a situation where Lee ends up unable to play, we are in much better shape if the backup has had some meaningful snaps.

Absolutely our backup has to be ready to go on one snap's notice. And left unsaid and not wanted to be said by some who frequent this site is that should Lee have trouble like at VT with every stout defense we face; we'd better hope Green is ready. We'll know nothing much this game--but the next two will tell the story. I'm open minded and hoping whoever the QB is that we get it done and WIN.

I posted this in another thread and I'll post it here too...

Much ado about nothing. Lee is our guy and we need to get behind this young man and spur him on to greatness. You need to remember that the last two underclassmen who came in and owned the position the second they steped onto the field were named Gill and Frazier.

To expect Green to come in and be the savior is unfair to this young man and to Z-Lee. If Green is to be our guy it will happen next spring. Untill then...

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

I think when this season is all said and done, Green will have plenty of snaps without having to beat Lee for the starting role. I see this years team being able to get big enough leads in at least 3 more games giving Green the opportunity to get some snaps. I think this was said earlier in the thread but Lee is not to blame completely for the Va tech game, there were dropped passes, penalties, questionable play calls, and it was a pretty decent defense he was facing in one of the toughest places to play in the country.

Unless Lee's hurt, I don't see Cody getting into to many tight games. I still think Lee got hurt. He was so sharp throwing crisp and on target passes more often than not, in the first half. Then second half, his passes looked nothing like the first half. I don't know, maybe its just my take on how he looked in the second half, or maybe it was the V.Tech defence stepping up. Just looked like two different players from first half to second half.

He has the arm, feet and grasp of what Watson wants out of him. He will bounce back.

GBR!!!

His thumb injury was in the 1st half, so it's pretty tough to ignore when looking at the 2nd half debacle. On that note, I have to wonder if a healthy Green would have been better than an injured Lee-or at least given a series or two in the 2nd half.

Let me say, first post here...... Let me ask WHY would you not want to see Cody. He is 6'4 runs like a sprinter and has a great arm. We have not seem a lot of him but why not let him run the speed option. If Lee was not getting the job done, spark up the offense with Cody.

I'm sure there is a reason that Cody was not put in the game. The coaches probably felt Lee gave them the best chance to win, and that's why we played him.

Nobody on this bored would give a damn about Lee's injury if we had won. Everybody also seems to be forgetting that it wasn't Lee's fault we lost this game. He threw two crisp touchdown passes in the second half, one getting called back for a penalty and one getting dropped.

More than just Lee played into this loss.

Let me say, first post here...... Let me ask WHY would you not want to see Cody. He is 6'4 runs like a sprinter and has a great arm. We have not seem a lot of him but why not let him run the speed option. If Lee was not getting the job done, spark up the offense with Cody.

Do you suppose that maybe Cody might have been a little nervous? I mean no real PT against a top tier opponent, only knowing a handful of plays, going against a very fast defense (much faster than him, I might add), in probably one of the 5 most intimidating places to play in all of CFB? Never mind the fact that last year at this time he was checking out the girls in their skirts in HIGH SCHOOL.

Give the kid time, let him develop. Why are we so quick to ruin this kid by throwing him in too quickly. Remember, if Spano hadn't of went down Green would have probably redshirted.

Cody is NU's future and he needs to see some PT. I think he will take over for Lee by the end of the year and will be the starter next year. This kid is young but he doesn't act it. He can handle the pressure. There was another young kid that could do the same and I think they called him TouchDown Tommy.

4.6 in the 40 qualifies him as having sprinter speed? Come on. 4.6 is very good for a passing QB, but not for an option guy.

Cody is NU's future and he needs to see some PT. I think he will take over for Lee by the end of the year and will be the starter next year. This kid is young but he doesn't act it. He can handle the pressure. There was another young kid that could do the same and I think they called him TouchDown Tommy.

How do you or anybody know if Cody can handle the pressure or not?

He has played in two games, both of them blow outs, and he came in for mop-up duty both games late in 4th quarter.

Cody has also admitted that he feels comfortable running maybe 20 some odd plays out of our playbook, while Lee is capable of running all of them. He can't run the same 20 plays over and over again and expect to be successful every week.

He's going to get the playing time he needs, but right now I still feel more comfortable with Lee as the starter than I do Green, and Lee has proved he can make all the throws when he is healthy. I said it once and I'll say it again, he had two great touchdown passes called back because of a dropped ball and a penalty. He also had another great td pass that the receiver he threw to let go right through his hands.

rkhufu7,

You know better than to think you can state your opinion on this board representing yourself as a Husker fan. What you need to do is change your screen name and get yourself a Missouri or Kansas avatar. You will have so many lip marks on your ass your wife/girlfriend will start questioning you.

THAT'S funny. LOL.