The NEW MU v. NU Thread

I will say that Nebraska has been "punched" in the mouth by a good team this year and has responded; Missou has not. Nebraska went on the road in a hostile environment and basically dominated the game for 57 minutes; Missou has played at home and their "hostile" environment is Reno.

I will say Nebraska will be more battle tested than Missou come game time.

Which game was the punch in the mouth and what was the response. Last I checked the only punch in the mouth was played on Saturday and the response will come against the worst team they will face all year. We haven't seen a response yet just heard words from players and coaches. We wont know until that Oct 8th road game where we or the yellow cats are as a program.

1st quarter of VA Tech game: punch in the mouth

2nd, 3rd, and all by 1.5 minutes of the 4th quarter: response

What response??

They lost

I believe NU and MU are pretty evenly matched from what Ive seen overall so far this season.

QB: Slight edge to MU, Gabbert is a baller, but has shown some inconsistency this year so far.

RB: push......Helu is a monster, but we have some depth at running back which helps

WR: MU........perry and alexander

OL: Slight edge to NU as of now, I think MU has a better OL, but the past three games they have not proved that

DL: NU, Suh is a man among boys

LB: MU, all I can say is Spoooooon

CB: no idea really, Ive been pretty impressed with ours so far..........which isnt hard after last year, right? haha

HC: i like pinkel, but I can not get the "pinkel factor" thought out of my head so slight edge to NU

Since it is at home........I give the win to the tigers. 34-25.

It is gonna be a pretty formidable environment, maybe not as tough as VT, but pretty damn good. Can I get someones opinion from the game in 07' on how loud and crazy the game was?

In 07 the place was wild. Walking into the stadium at night from the south side was amazing. The way Faurot Field sits down in a bowl is intimidating as hell. Being in bowl makes the place really loud. It's a cool sight.

Wow, amazing :sarcasm Does Mizzou know they are ripping off the Hawkeyes colors? :sarcasm wait, never mind... that is turd gold i am seeing. :)

I will say that Nebraska has been "punched" in the mouth by a good team this year and has responded; Missou has not. Nebraska went on the road in a hostile environment and basically dominated the game for 57 minutes; Missou has played at home and their "hostile" environment is Reno.

Which game was the punch in the mouth and what was the response. Last I checked the only punch in the mouth was played on Saturday and the response will come against the worst team they will face all year. We haven't seen a response yet just heard words from players and coaches. We wont know until that Oct 8th road game where we or the yellow cats are as a program.

1st quarter of VA Tech game: punch in the mouth

2nd, 3rd, and all by 1.5 minutes of the 4th quarter: response

What response??

They lost

Thank you

Watch closely tonight on ESPN. Mizzou is going to scare the begeezez out of you. Gabbert will make a statement!

Gabbert would have a tougher time scoring in the brothel down the road than he will in the stadium tonight. Carving up that vaunted Nevada defense will indeed make a statement!!!

;)

Watch closely tonight on ESPN. Mizzou is going to scare the begeezez out of you. Gabbert will make a statement!

Gabbert would have a tougher time scoring in the brothel down the road than he will in the stadium tonight. Carving up that vaunted Nevada defense will indeed make a statement!!!

;)

I hope the statement is, FroDaddy: "Well...we're up 40 at half, time to do something else" ;)

;)

I hope the statement is, FroDaddy: "Well...we're up 40 at half, time to do something else" ;)

They quit serving "frosty cold beverage" at half-time so it'll be time to leave regardless of the score! Could care less about either school, but I would love nothing more than to provide updates of the "Upset in Reno", but it aint gonna happen.

One game you have forgotten is a rivalry game at a neutral site with 65K. Big Game for both schools.. add that to a Missouri Resume and I think the schedules for both teams are pretty equal.

And let's not kid ourselves... none of that will matter when they tee it up on October 8th.

post-3775-1253905449.jpg

I really think Gabbert is the wild card this year.

Not only can he gun it down deep, he can also run.

He doesn't look like it, but he runs faster than Chase Daniel.

As soon as he gets more experience, he will be something special.

Can I just say that this board has some of the best insight from Missouri fans that I have seen in sometime....I really appreciate the opportunity to get a rational look into the psyche of this opposing fan base. So thank you to the Mizzou fans posting here! That said.....

While VT's run defense has been "maligned" this year, I think that their abnormal numbers are the result of an incredibly strong rushing attack from `Bama and an underrated attack from NU. I see NU controlling the clock, stuffing the Mizzou attack with greatly improved defensive speed, NU winning the game by 14, Gabbert playing admirably, and fans of both teams walking away thinking they will DEFINITELY win next year!

Helu - 130 yards

Defense - 2 picks of Gabbert

Outcome - NU 38-24

Really there are a lot of unaswered questions on both teams. I dont believe that any one really knows what they truly have. My best guess is it will be two good teams, not great, playing eachother. Its fairly early in the season and both have an extra week to prepare.

MU

1) Is Mu offense really that great. I dont believe anyone really knows. They have potential. And have in spurts shown the ability to do the same things they have the past years, but there is not alot of consistancy

2) The D has shown they can do a pretty good job limiting the run. But have the faced a good running team yet? Too early to tell, but it doesnt appear so

3) No consistance in tackling. Look really good for 5/6ths of a game put have bad parts here and there

4) THe running game. Very much a question mark in my mind

NU

1) Zac Lee, which QB are you? really good when facing bad teams, or really bad when facing good teams. Somewhere in the middle is my guess

2) Running game. Is it real? 2 out of 3 games were pretty good, but one was sunbelt and the other one of the worst run D's in the country. But is Vt one of the worst because the faced 2 of the best??

3) Is the D really that good? Shut down VT, but VT sucks on O. However the D still shut them down. But the gave up twice as many yards to two sunbelt teams. But the backups played more...I dont know what to think

4) Mental mistakes are still going on. Both in coverages and gaps as well as penalties. How will that be corrected and will it be done in time not to cost the team during conference play

And thats just 4 of the many questions I have about both teams. Hopefully we will se a good game that the Tigers win ;) But i truely would not be surprised at this point with any outcome. Reminds me alot of the 07 game. Both fan bases felt it was theirs to lose and the whole time I had no clue. Was pretty nervous before that game and will probably be the same before this one as well.

Fro, one question. In the little I've seen of the Tigers (I plan on catching tonight's game) I've been really impressed with the way Gabbert has stepped in. But it seems as if the offense is missing some kind of spark - they don't seem quite as explosive as last year. A very good offense, but not quite what was there at this time last year (and I'm not going off scores so much as it just seemed that Missouri was scoring so much and so effortlessly last year). I know it's early, and like NU Missouri is having to replace some key players, but is that the impression of the fan base as well? And if so, any thoughts on why or what's missing?

Not to jump in a speak for Fro.. but I think those are some good observations. Young Quarterback which makes the offense a little inconsistent. And no one has stepped into Chase Coffman's role for those 10-15 yard routes. Perry and Alexander have been fine, but the tight end outlet that Daniel had has not emerged. Therefore not converting as many third down opportunities.

Defensively MU MUCH improved.. simpler scheme, just trying to be athletic and make plays. I think a very similiar change to what Pellini did with the Blackshirts, letting them make plays and not become a "slow" defense by trying to "read" plays instead of "react".

Nebraska - MU will be a great game. A great environment for the Big 12, and a great showcase of a rivalry that is budding in the midwest.

post-3775-1253905746.jpg

One game you have forgotten is a rivalry game at a neutral site with 65K. Big Game for both schools.. add that to a Missouri Resume and I think the schedules for both teams are pretty equal.

And let's not kid ourselves... none of that will matter when they tee it up on October 8th.

You are right that non of that will matter come October 8th. No previous games predict how ANY given game will play out. See every upset that has taken place this year.

As far as a rivalry game and "equal" schedules. You cannot honestly tell me that you think Illinois (A team that finished 5-7 last year and is looking even worse this year) would even come close to holding its own against Virginia Tech (Which won 10 games last year, yet again). I'm not saying that the Mizzou win was NOT convincing, because it was, but... the schedules are hardly even. Take out Mizzou's game with Illinois and Nebraska's game with VT and the schedules are looking pretty even (both cupcakes scheduling ) :lol:

Don't get me wrong though, I don't think that either "big games" (in actuality, both meant nothing to either of these programs) will influence October 8th. That game will be won by whichever team shows up and executes the best. Here's to hoping for a great game. :cheers

I really think Gabbert is the wild card this year.

Not only can he gun it down deep, he can also run.

He doesn't look like it, but he runs faster than Chase Daniel.

As soon as he gets more experience, he will be something special.

Can I just say that this board has some of the best insight from Missouri fans that I have seen in sometime....I really appreciate the opportunity to get a rational look into the psyche of this opposing fan base. So thank you to the Mizzou fans posting here! That said.....

While VT's run defense has been "maligned" this year, I think that their abnormal numbers are the result of an incredibly strong rushing attack from `Bama and an underrated attack from NU. I see NU controlling the clock, stuffing the Mizzou attack with greatly improved defensive speed, NU winning the game by 14, Gabbert playing admirably, and fans of both teams walking away thinking they will DEFINITELY win next year!

Helu - 130 yards

Defense - 2 picks of Gabbert

Outcome - NU 38-24

One question I have for Nebraska fans is this: MU had its way with Nebraska in Lincoln last season with a 6 touchdown differential for a Tiger victory. MU lost some talent, but so did Nebraska. The excitement around Nebraska football is welcomed, as it was a shame what Callahan did to your great program in just three short years.

How do you think Nebraska has closed a 6 touchdown deficit in just one year, and do you think playing in Columbia gives the Tigers a boost heading into this early showdown on October 8th?

post-3775-1253906171.jpg