ESPN

hskerprid

He does not like the fence deal he got. So perhaps he is selling to buy Callahan"s house on 40 acres with it's own golf course. The most expensive house in Lincoln only a head coach or heart surgeon can afford. And, it is in foreclosure along with the Steve P spread! Noibody in Lincoln wants those two homes they still have stink to them.

Loser smell!!

I don't know about his house, but BC had a heck of a celebrity golf tournament down there 2 summers ago. Very nice course and neighborhood. He might not have led us to the record we wanted, but he threw a good party.

:restore

Callahan returns to Lincoln to find home sold, bags packed

LINCOLN, NE — After the Nebraska Cornhuskers football team suffered their worst loss in school history on Saturday – to Kansas – head coach Bill Callahan returned to his Lincoln home to find a sold sign in the lawn and all his bags already packed. “It was the craziest thing,” Callahan told SSNN. “At first I thought it was just a prank, but I called the realtor and my bank and they said the house was bought for three times what I paid for it. Guess I’m just lucky.” Callahan arrived at Nebraska with high expectations after leading the Oakland Raiders to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, a new offensive philosophy coupled with a porous defense has led to one disappointing season after another for the once-storied program. “The faster Callahan gets the hell out of Lincoln, the better,” Nebraska booster Tim Mckee said. “The house is sold, we boxed up his stuff for him – all he needs to do is tell us where he wants to go and it will be taken care of.” It’s unclear how long Callahan will remain in Nebraska, but inside sources reveal an announcement regarding his firing is expected shortly. :rollin:rollin:rollin:lol::woo

For the first time in 28 years, Kevin Cosgrove won't be coaching the game that he loves: college football. But the potential for any separation anxiety may be eased by 1) his view that this is more of a respite than a setback, 2) his conviction that he will be coaching again next season, collegiately or professionally and 3) his commitment to relocating back to Madison, where he will volunteer his time to help mentor his son with the Edgewood High School football program.

Cosgrove, the former University of Wisconsin assistant, admitted that family considerations took precedence on the heels of four turbulent seasons at Nebraska; none more tumultuous than the final weeks of 2007, during which head coach Bill Callahan was ousted and Cosgrove was fired as defensive coordinator. Callahan and Cosgrove have been confidants since rooming together as college freshmen at Illinois Benedictine. Their friendship continued to grow during coaching stints under Illinois' Mike White in the '80s and Wisconsin's Barry Alvarez in the '90s.

"Billy is doing well today," Cosgrove said of Callahan, who is coaching the offensive line and serving as the assistant head coach to Eric Mangini with the New York Jets. "He's moving on, just like I'm moving on. I'm not going to look back and wonder if I made the right decision to go to Nebraska (in 2004). I had a great situation here at Wisconsin (a 14-year run). But I took a chance. It could have turned out great, too. No one could foresee the wheels falling off like they did last season."

Two years ago, Cosgrove had a chance to leave Lincoln, Neb., on his own terms. But he turned down a job offer from the Minnesota Vikings and their rookie head coach Brad Childress, who had coached with Callahan and Cosgrove at both Illinois and Wisconsin. That decision also revolved around family considerations. "We had moved two years earlier from Madison and everyone was feeling comfortable in Lincoln," Cosgrove said. "I couldn't do it again so soon."

Kevin and Shelly Cosgrove have three children. Clint, who graduated from Madison Edgewood and Arizona State, will be entering his second season as a grad assistant with the University of Minnesota football program. Shannon, who attended Edgewood through her junior year, will be returning to the University of Nebraska for a one-semester internship and one more year of classes. She wants to work as an animal trainer at Sea World. Connor, who was going into the eighth grade when the family was uprooted from Madison, will be coming back for his senior year at Edgewood High School.

"I had a couple of opportunities to coach this season," Kevin Cosgrove confided. "But I just couldn't pull Connor out of a Lincoln high school and move him to another unfamiliar school district or part of the country. Because of his familiarity with Madison, and the friends that he still has here, I felt like this was the most logical move to make. Our older kids had a great experience at Edgewood, and this gives me a chance to be around my youngest and get him through his senior year."

To this end, Kevin Cosgrove has volunteered his services to Edgewood football coach Al Minnaert, who got to know Cosgrove while working at Wisconsin summer camps. "From our standpoint, it made a lot of sense from our previous relationship knowing how he works and treats kids to add someone of his expertise," Minnaert said. "He'll be like a consultant and help us out with our football program. He'll lend his experience and be that extra set of eyes to help make some observations and recommendations."

With an eye on the future and a return to the coaching ranks, the 52-year-old Cosgrove will be a consultant to a handful of college programs this season. There will be a three-week stretch where Cosgrove will be on the road from Sunday through Thursday. But he plans on making it back each week to watch his son play. Last season, Connor Cosgrove was a starting cornerback and kick returner at Lincoln Southwest High School. During a mid-October game against Lincoln East, the younger Cosgrove was subjected to a "Fire Cosgrove" chant from the East students when his name was announced.

Kevin Cosgrove, who was under intense heat from the Husker zealots, reacted like any father would react. He was protective of his son -- questioning the right of so-called fans to target kids with their personal attacks. In mid-November, University of Nebraska police investigated a death threat against Kevin Cosgrove that had been phoned in. When he was asked about the aforementioned threat, Cosgrove said, "It's nothing I really want to talk about. It was a tough situation on everybody. I've never been around such negativity. But we've got a close family and we got through it together."

When pressed on whether he ever feared for the safety of his family, Cosgrove said, "There was never that fear. But it's still in the back of your mind that there may be some nut out there and you just never know. You go from winning the Big 12 North championship one year (in 2006) to knowing you're going to get fired the following year. I wouldn't say it left any scars; maybe it left some ill feelings. But it won't keep me from getting back into coaching. I'm just going to make sure I get into the right situation."

Until then, he will oversee the development of Connor and transition from coach to spectator on game days at Camp Randall Stadium. "I love Wisconsin football, always have, and I'm excited to support the Badgers," he said. "It will be the first time I can go to a game and enjoy it as a fan without having any pressure on me as a coach." Definitely a respite, not a setback.

Not a banner Nebraska moment for whatever fans did this.

Ok first of all, everyone knows when Bo Pelini's contract is up, right?

i can't imagine how much the buyout from that contract would be worth.

More than Hawkins, i bet.

But i heard that Bo is taking the $700,000 increase he got in his paycheck and building a house right next to Memorial Stadium.

Not a banner Nebraska moment for whatever fans did this.

OK. This has been covered ad nauseum, but apparently we have to cover this one more time. What was done to Cosgrove (the death threat) and his kids (the chant at the game) was utter BS. 99.99% of Husker fans will agree with this. Why this has been dragged up again is beyond me.

Anyone who needs a refresher on how Husker fans behave, go read the blog by the Rajun Cajun guy who came last weekend.

Expecting a fan base to be completely devoid of idiots is crazy. You cannot stop stupid. All you can do is hope to contain it. I think we do a better job of it than most.

Ok first of all, everyone knows when Bo Pelini's contract is up, right?

i can't imagine how much the buyout from that contract would be worth.

More than Hawkins, i bet.

But i heard that Bo is taking the $700,000 increase he got in his paycheck and building a house right next to Memorial Stadium.

Yes actually he is building a replica memorial stadium to live in right next to memorial stadium.