How will the Husker image change after MU

Twodocs

THis game will be a great opportunity to raise the image of Bo and the Huskers.

I am really very amazed how far off the radar screen our program is.

So I ask the Husker fans if this game could help MU more than Nebraska, especially, if they win or play it very close?

What does Nu have to do this year to regain the respect we have lost. :restore ?

Will we have to take some name scalps time after time and in a very dominating manner?

So is this game more fraught with risk than reward for NU?

This is a great opportunity for Carl and Bo to show they have a dominating defense.

As the Peters used to say

WE HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST TO BE THE BEST

ARE WE READY FOR OUR CLOSEUP?

IS THIS GAME THE STAGE WE SEEK?

I guess there are several issues here we could discuss, but, I am wondering if everybody realizes how far the prior regime has damaged our image, or has it?

Has MU more image mojo than NU due to the sucess over the last three years and was at NU's expense?

Nebraska really really needs this win.

Actually, we really really need to win the entire north division and be in the Big XII championship game.

Nobody respects Nebraska anymore, and hasn't respected Nebraska in years.

The reason is that we haven't done much to prove anything. We consistently get beat by better teams, feast off of the lessers, and sniff around the 20-25 range in the polls on a frequent basis.

Beating VT would have done a lot more than a win vs. Mizzou will. But they missed that opportunity. Now they need to step up and prove that they are a team to be reckoned with again.

would not really put MU's success on how NU's program has been, but I agree, winning games we should win does not cut it. I think the VT game surprised many, but i believe to get over the hump we have to win the north outright, and also win the Big 12. Will it happen this year, doubtful, but I would love to see it. I think we need a Big 12 championship to start getting more respect, and Bo and Co have things going in that direction.

The image of NU is so bad that they have a long ways to go to get back the respect that Callafraud and his gang of misfits threw away.

Bo and his guys can get it done, but until NU starts playing and winning like NU is supposed to, they will have the image of an average, at best, program. Average is not Nebraska Football and to accept average is not Nebraska-like.

Losing to this MU team will eliminate NU from the polls and anybodies respect radar for a long time. Getting blown out by this MU team will triple what I just posted.

Agree NU needs this game badly as it is high profile and the only game on NT, grt showcase one way or other. MU has been operating under radar, national press has said it is a rebuilding year and not expecting much, if they stumble it will meet perceptions. BUT if NU loses, all the talking hds who have been saying they were easily the best team in north should win easily, grt D, blah, blah will look rather foolish and they don't like that and could turn very negative on huskers. NU has a very hard schedule, tho the faithful havn't talked about it much, going into KU, CU Baylor and a couple of tough south teams? That could be really difficult, especially if you lose nxt thursday.

MU strengths are more than capable of exploiting NU's banged up and thin secondary, plus your lbers have so little experience and MU is the master of the underneath routes and is very talented. Won't have much success running the ball, probably, so should come out firing. It will be a rough game for both.

Nebraska really really needs this win.

Actually, we really really need to win the entire north division and be in the Big XII championship game.

Nobody respects Nebraska anymore, and hasn't respected Nebraska in years.

The reason is that we haven't done much to prove anything. We consistently get beat by better teams, feast off of the lessers, and sniff around the 20-25 range in the polls on a frequent basis.

Beating VT would have done a lot more than a win vs. Mizzou will. But they missed that opportunity. Now they need to step up and prove that they are a team to be reckoned with again.

:yeah Pretty much sums it up...

Nebraska's image today is like Alabama's was in the not too distant past. A once great program that had fallen and had failed to recover yet. Alabama had some decent wins over the last several years, but it wasn't until they went undefeated in the regular season last year that I really took notice. Beating Missouri won't do anything for our image around the nation, but it will make us feel better. At best, it is one piece of the puzzle. If we were to go undefeated the rest of the regular season, people will take notice, especially considering the way we lost the VTech game.

If you want to change opinions, you have to do something bold. Simply beating Missouri isn't all that bold....

Nebraska's image today is like Alabama's was in the not too distant past. A once great program that had fallen and had failed to recover yet. Alabama had some decent wins over the last several years, but it wasn't until they went undefeated in the regular season last year that I really took notice. Beating Missouri won't do anything for our image around the nation, but it will make us feel better. At best, it is one piece of the puzzle. If we were to go undefeated the rest of the regular season, people will take notice, especially considering the way we lost the VTech game.

If you want to change opinions, you have to do something bold. Simply beating Missouri isn't all that bold....

I agree with you on the comparison to 'Bama, but I disagree with you on the importance of beating Missouri. We need this game. More so than any game in recent memory. National TV audience, a chance to show the nation that our performance against Virginia Tech was legitimate. It would be a very hard loss to take if we go into Columbia and simply piss down our legs. The only person who should be pissing down their legs' out of fear on the 8th is Gary Pinkel.

This game is obviously vitally important to the North race, but on a national respect/significance level I would say the effect is pretty minimal. Both of these schools are pretty much considered irrelevant right now by the average CFB fan. I would compare this game to the GT-Clemson game-- a great game for the conference and an important one for the division, but just another game for most fans.

Now, if we can beat Oklahoma in Lincoln, and/or win the Big 12 title game, then the nation will take notice.

I agree with you on the comparison to 'Bama, but I disagree with you on the importance of beating Missouri. We need this game. More so than any game in recent memory. National TV audience, a chance to show the nation that our performance against Virginia Tech was legitimate. It would be a very hard loss to take if we go into Columbia and simply piss down our legs. The only person who should be pissing down their legs' out of fear on the 8th is Gary Pinkel.

:thumbs:lol:

The game next Thursday means little to those who are not fans of Nebraska or Misery. Our national image will not improve with a win, because neither team has done much recently (besides winning 1/2 the Big12 conference and getting pasted by top tier teams).

That being said, I hope we kick the livin' $hit outta Misery in 6 days!

:box

So true. However losing to Missouri (close or blow out) will do more to lower respect than beating them will improve respect for NU Football. Beating them is just a step towards to getting back to where they belong.

In fact,NU's respect is so lacking that discussions such as these are an every day occurrence when it comes to NU Football. NU is back only when these discussions are no more.

The game next Thursday means little to those who are not fans of Nebraska or Misery. Our national image will not improve with a win, because neither team has done much recently (besides winning 1/2 the Big12 conference and getting pasted by top tier teams).

That being said, I hope we kick the livin' $hit outta Misery in 6 days!

:box

Hey, trust me, if you guys put together a great season and at least win the North, teh Boys at Bristol will be all over you. You guys are a household name when it comes to college football. They love manufacturing hype for the storied programs.

I think if the game is a well played close game with either team winning by less than 10 pts it wont matter as far as image goes. After all most people picked the north to be between MU KU and NU so a close loss to any of those teams would not be all that suprising to CFB fans nor the pundits. Now on the other hand if one team comes out and drops a nuke on the other say 45-17, then both teams get national attention. The winner of a blowout will be recognized as a force in the conference and a possible threat to the south and the loser of a heavy handed beating will also take a beating in the polls and media. The latter we cant really afford right now.