Some journalist thinks our program sucks

it is not just this journalist it's the whole state who think the same way! Include Kansasx ans Missuri!

And he is a fairly decent sports journalist, and, really these are the facts, they do not lie.

So it about time we do something about it!

It is after all Missouri the show me state!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1487357.html

that "times have changed thing" it is about to happen again MU!

"Meanwhile, Missouri battled through some disappointment in Pinkel’s first two seasons, gritted its teeth through a fifth-year gut-kick and has reaped rewards with two straight trips to the Big 12 title game.

Kansas, currently the highest ranked of the three North contenders, is on a similar path. Mark Mangino made enough progress in his early years to forge ahead, and the payoff has been the most successful successive seasons in school history.

This is the season Nebraska figured to make up ground. The Cornhuskers were the preseason choice to win the division, and except for the final minute against Virginia Tech they have been everything advertised.

But Missouri has more than delivered on its expectation. The 4-0 start led by the play of quarterback and former Husker recruit Blaine Gabbert has Mizzou thinking division three-peat.

So what happens Thursday? Nebraska’s line play has been better, and the Cornhuskers clearly weren’t intimidated by a frenzied enemy environment.

In Gabbert and wide receiver Danario Alexander, Missouri has superior playmakers.

Something else works for Mizzou. There’s not a player in the program who has ever thought of Nebraska the way Tigers, Jayhawks, Wildcats and everybody else did a few years ago.

Times have changed." :bs:

'

it is not just this journalist it's the whole state who think the same way! Include Kansasx ans Missuri!

And he is a fairly decent sports journalist, and, really these are the facts, they do not lie.

So it about time we do something about it!

It is after all Missouri the show me state!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1487357.html

that "times have changed thing" it is about to happen again MU!

"Meanwhile, Missouri battled through some disappointment in Pinkel’s first two seasons, gritted its teeth through a fifth-year gut-kick and has reaped rewards with two straight trips to the Big 12 title game.

Kansas, currently the highest ranked of the three North contenders, is on a similar path. Mark Mangino made enough progress in his early years to forge ahead, and the payoff has been the most successful successive seasons in school history.

This is the season Nebraska figured to make up ground. The Cornhuskers were the preseason choice to win the division, and except for the final minute against Virginia Tech they have been everything advertised.

But Missouri has more than delivered on its expectation. The 4-0 start led by the play of quarterback and former Husker recruit Blaine Gabbert has Mizzou thinking division three-peat.

So what happens Thursday? Nebraska’s line play has been better, and the Cornhuskers clearly weren’t intimidated by a frenzied enemy environment.

In Gabbert and wide receiver Danario Alexander, Missouri has superior playmakers.

Something else works for Mizzou. There’s not a player in the program who has ever thought of Nebraska the way Tigers, Jayhawks, Wildcats and everybody else did a few years ago.

Times have changed." :bs:

'

Other than his opinion that Gabbert is a big advantage over Lee and Mizzou's win over Illinois is not as big now as it was when the season started, there's not much to argue here.

Kerkhoff always has been and always will be a MU and KU homer. That's just a fact. However some of what he wrote is accurate.

Where things stand today, KU and MU do have better programs than NU. Callafraud and his clowns did a lot of damage to the NU program; so much that getting NU back to NU will take more than two years.

Mangino is best coach in the Big 12 and Top 5 in all of NCAA Football. KU's biggest obstacle is themselves. Once they figure out how to be successful in both football and basketball they will explode. As for Pinkel, the vote is still out. He's had a TON of talent in the last 3 and 4 years but has done nothing but thrash a poorly coached and motivated NU team.

Where Kerkhoff is coming from is where the programs stand today. MU and KU had positive and good staffs where NU had the worst staff in all of college football. MU and KU saw how bad NU was being coached and how poorly the players were being utilized and developed and took advantage of the situation.

Mangino is a great coach but is not a world beating recruiter. If the guy could recruit to his coaching abilities..... WOW. The opposite is said for Pinkel. The guy can recruit like the best of them. If he could only coach to his recruiting abilities...... WOW.

NU is improving, but they have a loooooooong way to go to get back to NU Football. They are getting close, but the road ahead of them, though more than doable, will be tougher than tough.

Kerkhoff always has been and always will be a MU and KU homer. That's just a fact. However some of what he wrote is accurate.

Um, what?

Over the years, Kerkhoff has written more in support of NU than some Nebraska sports writers. This article was an opinion piece on the 'now'. He's not always correct, nor do I always agree with his opinions, but he does give credit to the Huskers in predominantly Husker hating eastern Kansas/western Missouri. I would go so far as suspect he may wear scarlet colored glasses. I thank him for his efforts!

Um, what?

Over the years, Kerkhoff has written more in support of NU than some Nebraska sports writers. This article was an opinion piece on the 'now'. He's not always correct, nor do I always agree with his opinions, but he does give credit to the Huskers in predominantly Husker hating eastern Kansas/western Missouri. I would go so far as suspect he may wear scarlet colored glasses. I thank him for his efforts!

Don't get too upset NU fans. Mizzery has one of the largest and most prestigious journalism programs in the country. Is it really any surprise that many major media outlets have a distain for Nebraska? I don't think so. Even Shatel just published an article stating so! Just wait until after a rousing NU victory on Thursday night, and then we will hear about how lucky NU was to "escape" with a victory, and how "impressive" Mizzery was despite their loss.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091003/SPORTS/710049916

Um, what?

Um, he is. But that's okay. Not everybody is a Husker fan.

But the facts are the facts and MU, at this time, has a better program than does NU. NU can do a lot to start to chage this reality in beating MU this week. The decision is theirs. Win, and the tide begins to change in NU's favor. Lose, and the tide just gets bigger and more intense in favor of MU.

Um, what?

Um, he is. But that's okay. Not everybody is a Husker fan.

Take if from a guy who's lived in the KC area for 12 years now, Kerkhoff is the most objective writer they have at the Star when it comes to college sports. Mike DeArmond, the beat reporter for MU, on the other hand, is not and it's painfully obvious. It's always rah rah MU with that clown. And yes, any writer who attended MU and works in this area has a palpable hatred for Nebraska. I'm not sure if Kerkhoff went to MU but his writing is pretty objective.

Funny thing...earlier this year a KU grad was put on the KSU beat and KSU alumni were all pissed off about it. Apparently, they didn't feel he be as objective as a KSU grad....is that irony? Can I get ruling?