huskers move up in da polls....

All I know is the team next in line is ranked. It's nice being somewhat overlooked in the polls. For us homers that have watched every Husker play, we know the potential and the weakness's we have. It's game week and I am no longer responding to any bs from the MU trolls that jumped aboard. I really have no doubt that the Huskers spank MU. I have as much concern over games with Iowa State, K State, CU, and Baylor as I do with the Tigers. This will be a great game for the Huskers to showcase what they have even if it is against Missouri. But cudo's to Mizzou to get ranked. Kicking the dog sh#t out of the Tigers will not only be a pleasure but will possibly get us ranked in the top 20!! <_< GBR and SCREW MIZZOU

All I know is the team next in line is ranked. It's nice being somewhat overlooked in the polls. For us homers that have watched every Husker play, we know the potential and the weakness's we have. It's game week and I am no longer responding to any bs from the MU trolls that jumped aboard. I really have no doubt that the Huskers spank MU. I have as much concern over games with Iowa State, K State, CU, and Baylor as I do with the Tigers. This will be a great game for the Huskers to showcase what they have even if it is against Missouri. But cudo's to Mizzou to get ranked. Kicking the dog sh#t out of the Tigers will not only be a pleasure but will possibly get us ranked in the top 20!! <_< GBR and SCREW MIZZOU

Took the words right out of my mouth. I can't wait to put an end to all of the not beating a ramked team on the road garbage

Why is OU ranked? .500 record. It can't be for the wins. Idaho State, the winless team from the D-1AA Big Sky conference, or for Tulsa.

I was talking to a couple OU fans today and they said that Bob Stoops reminds them of Tom Osborne in the 80's and mid 90's where Stoops can't win the big one. They are extremely upset for the way Stoops has been coaching for the past years and either want him to go or ax the Offensive Coordinator.

I told them that getting rid of Stoops would be dumb but I could see them axing the OC though. Just figured that this was interesting and thought that I'd share with you guys.

Why is OU ranked? .500 record. It can't be for the wins. Idaho State, the winless team from the D-1AA Big Sky conference, or for Tulsa.

Political bullsh#t!

well what can you do... except go out and BEAT Miz on THR... let me deal with it after that...... i'm just amazed Nortre Dame didnt climb back up into the top ten with their thrilling OT vitory over Udub :nutz

I agree about Thurs. we need to take care of business.

The NBC announcers were talking about how legendary the win was. :rollin:rollin BTW I didnt think that a couple offensive linemen could push the ball carrier and a pile ten yards for a score. Maybe I am mistaken but isnt there a rule against that?

I think Wash got screwed on their late game TD. The play was ruled a TD but in the replay there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it IMO. And if you watched the replay of ND's late game TD, their runner's knee actually hit the ground before the ball the crossed the plane. Either way, I hate ND and hope they lose the rest of their games.

I was talking to a couple OU fans today and they said that Bob Stoops reminds them of Tom Osborne in the 80's and mid 90's where Stoops can't win the big one. They are extremely upset for the way Stoops has been coaching for the past years and either want him to go or ax the Offensive Coordinator.

I told them that getting rid of Stoops would be dumb but I could see them axing the OC though. Just figured that this was interesting and thought that I'd share with you guys.

I hear it all the time down here on the sports radio channel. But as soon as the Sooners win the Big 12 Championship or beat Texas, Stoops is a God.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if NU beats Mizzou, barring some losses by a few teams ahead of them, I just don't see them jumping into the Top 15. The pollsters have shown zero respect thus far and a win vs. Mizzou would be nice, but I don't think it would be significant enough for them to jump the Huskers up a bunch of spots. It's like nobody even remembers that NU only lost to VT by one point on a last-minute drive...

Political bullsh#t!

well what can you do... except go out and BEAT Miz on THR... let me deal with it after that...... i'm just amazed Nortre Dame didnt climb back up into the top ten with their thrilling OT vitory over Udub :nutz

I agree about Thurs. we need to take care of business.

The NBC announcers were talking about how legendary the win was. :rollin:rollin BTW I didnt think that a couple offensive linemen could push the ball carrier and a pile ten yards for a score. Maybe I am mistaken but isnt there a rule against that?

I think Wash got screwed on their late game TD. The play was ruled a TD but in the replay there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it IMO. And if you watched the replay of ND's late game TD, their runner's knee actually hit the ground before the ball the crossed the plane. Either way, I hate ND and hope they lose the rest of their games.

The TD that was taken away from Wash was an absolute disgrace. It should have stood as called, there wasnt enough to overturn the ruling on the field. That game was an absolute Heist.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if NU beats Mizzou, barring some losses by a few teams ahead of them, I just don't see them jumping into the Top 15. The pollsters have shown zero respect thus far and a win vs. Mizzou would be nice, but I don't think it would be significant enough for them to jump the Huskers up a bunch of spots. It's like nobody even remembers that NU only lost to VT by one point on a last-minute drive...

While i agree with you about the Va Tech thing and not jumping up, as the amount of teams with 0 or 1 losses continues to dwindle the pollsters that actually care will take a look at those losses in order to rank those teams. If NU gets through TT with one loss still, it'll become.."hmm, their only loss is @ Va Tech, by 1 point....maybe they deserve to be up there"...assuming Va Tech keeps winning that is. So somewhere down the road, if we are still relevant in the national scene, they will begin to see the VT loss for what it was...

BTW I didnt think that a couple offensive linemen could push the ball carrier and a pile ten yards for a score. Maybe I am mistaken but isnt there a rule against that?

Yeah, it's a rule, but I never see it called anymore though. Remember the Bush Push?

Rule 9 SECTION 3. Blocking, Use of Hands or Arms

Interfering for or Helping the Runner or Passer

ARTICLE 2.

b. The runner shall not grasp a teammate; and no other player of his team

shall grasp, push, lift or charge into him to assist him in forward

progress.

hate to divert the thread, but yeah, what the %@# ever happened to the 'aiding the runner' call??? the Rugby Scrum now seems to be fully accepted??? Why don't we just have our big O linemen pick up a small back and throw him over the goal line?