BO REALLY NEEDS TO BEAT MU

Twodocs

Twisted panties and rational thought????? <_<

Your the one who said that neither of these teams will win the conference. I merely pointed out that you could be wrong. And besides looking at the schedule, which I did in fact do, have you watched any of the games played by the conference opponents lately? If your little fantasy plays out correct, the North (MU, KU, & NU) would have to lose every game against the South (OU, OSU, TEX)? Do you really expect that to happen? Have you seen Oklahoma play? Have you watched Okie State? Are you really that impressed with Texas?

Talk about getting your panties in a bunch!!

I have watched every one of our conference opponents play, along with most of the top 25 and a bunch of other games. I have a very good idea what I'm talking about.

Apparently you missed something in your rush to counter my point. I never alleged that Nebraska would lose all of their South games. I expect us to beat Tech and Baylor (Baylor rather easily). I think we have a puncher's chance against Oklahoma, too, especially with the crazy amount of injuries they have. Miami's defense is not better than ours, and their offense is no better than ours, yet they pulled off the win. Bradford or no Bradford, Oklahoma is in for a dog fight in Lincoln.

I fully expect KU to be an underdog in their games against Texas and Oklahoma. Yes, I've watched Texas and Oklahoma play. They're both better than Kansas.

I fully expect Missouri to be an underdog in their games against Texas and OK Light. Yes, I've watched Texas and OK Light play. They're both better than Missouri.

Even if we lose to Missouri, which we won't, a North title isn't out of the question at all. Missouri won the North title last year and they lost to Kansas. I would call that a far more "defining" game than our game against the Tigers this year.

Nowhere did I mention Tech or Baylor. Take a look at the teams I mentioned and bolded for you above. I merely referenced the games you brought up as losses for Big 12 North teams in your previous post. I too, think that the South is a better league, I was just pointing out that the North has a better chance to win this year than it has had in a while, and this is due to the inconsistent play by the teams of the South. You have no way of knowing whether or not either of these teams can or cannot win the conference, and that is all I was pointing out. Because that is the case, just as it will be for the KU vs NU and the KU vs MU games, this game is a "defining" one.

Nowhere did I mention Tech or Baylor. Take a look at the teams I mentioned and bolded for you above. I merely referenced the games you brought up as losses for Big 12 North teams in your previous post. I too, think that the South is a better league, I was just pointing out that the North has a better chance to win this year than it has had in a while, and this is due to the inconsistent play by the teams of the South. You have no way of knowing whether or not either of these teams can or cannot win the conference, and that is all I was pointing out. Because that is the case, just as it will be for the KU vs NU and the KU vs MU games, this game is a "defining" one.

Whatever. This is so not worth arguing about. It's a "defining" game - you and Tiger Tim are correct. Congratulations.

The South as a whole might not be as powerful as in the past, but I think Texas is as strong of team as there has been in the Big 12. Okie State is Okie State. They're streaky. At one time, they look impossible to beat. The next time, they look not so great. OU has some serious issues. Their OL is very suspect. Their D looks vulnerable. How much longer can Stoops afford to give Venebles the benefit of the doubt? I'm a show me person. I'm going to have to see North teams actually beat South teams before I give them much of a chance in the title game.

Which is quite logical!!

You also probably wouldn't post that both Nebraska or Missouri cannot win the conference this year? Would you?

Whatever. This is so not worth arguing about. It's a "defining" game - you and Tiger Tim are correct. Congratulations.

Thank you!! And you are correct that it wasn't worth arguing about!!

And yet... nevermind. :facepalm:

I'll stick with my 15% chance which like I said above is probably closer to 10% realistically. While I'm always hopeful, I don't think this is the year a North team knocks off the big brother(s) from the South. Next year, I think there's a very good chance a North team (Nebraska) wins the Big 12. I'd never post that NU or Mizzou can't win the conference because look how many times Colorado won it when they shouldn't have. Since the Big 12 was formed, there's been many times when a lesser team won the Championship game.

And yet... nevermind. :facepalm:

This is eerily reminiscent of my discussions with DocNice....

I agree RedGixxer, & ultimately Pelini has no one to blame for that loss but himself. When its 4th & 1 - and getting 1 yard will win the football game, you go for the win. Thats football & that was a pu&&y ass move by Pelini.

However, I feel the season is still redeemable. I think we can go 11-1, but right now my #1 concern is beating Missouri

Two can play that game.

Your defense has absolutely dominated VT all day. VT has 10 points. The TD came off of a HUGE opening kick off return and the field goal came because of one big run. You know you have a punter who can pin them deep and make them earn it. You're a defensive coach and you have all the confidence in the world in your defense. That is a ballsy move.

It all depends what angle you look at it from..

A ballsy move wouldve been to go for the win

Its fourth down & 1, 1 yard will win the game. How is punting the ball more ballsy then making an aggressive attempt to win the game?

Bo needs to beat Mu because he doesn't have a big victory yet against anyone of consequence. All the games you guys keep mentioning are morale victories but still losses. Contrary to many or your confidence in Bo, what has he done? You can't really measure a hc before at least 3 yrs preferrably 5 in college football because of recruiting. You can see what he does with the kids he was left with and so far he has done a ok job, got hammered by teams like MU and OU. several of you keep mentioning that NU has much better talent like it is a given, besides suh, helu and asante who are these ubertalented kids as they have done ok against preseason softies and almost did something at vt but not quite.

overall mu has upgraded the athleticism and especially the speed of this team, not to be better than NU but to be competitive with TX and OU, they have handled nu quite nicely as you may have noticed last several yrs.

BTW MU has beaten OKS on the road last 4 times.

IMO it will be a entertaining game that will reveal much for both sides. Enjoy it and see where you truly are, not where you think you are. I don't know who will win, if I was a betting guy, would have my money on MU at home.

Bo needs this game and NU needs this game much more, they are further down than the most of the faithful like to believe but a few realistic fans know how far down they are. Last year he was flapping his gums and his brother was trumpeting about a mystery D that would nullify the highflying Tigers, course it failed miserably, so his coaching is suspect untill he proves otherwise.

Lets hope the weather is clear and there arn't any injured players, may the best team win!

Bo needs to beat Mu because he doesn't have a big victory yet against anyone of consequence. All the games you guys keep mentioning are morale victories but still losses. Contrary to many or your confidence in Bo, what has he done? You can't really measure a hc before at least 3 yrs preferrably 5 in college football because of recruiting. You can see what he does with the kids he was left with and so far he has done a ok job, got hammered by teams like MU and OU. several of you keep mentioning that NU has much better talent like it is a given, besides suh, helu and asante who are these ubertalented kids as they have done ok against preseason softies and almost did something at vt but not quite.

overall mu has upgraded the athleticism and especially the speed of this team, not to be better than NU but to be competitive with TX and OU, they have handled nu quite nicely as you may have noticed last several yrs.

BTW MU has beaten OKS on the road last 4 times.

IMO it will be a entertaining game that will reveal much for both sides. Enjoy it and see where you truly are, not where you think you are. I don't know who will win, if I was a betting guy, would have my money on MU at home.

Bo needs this game and NU needs this game much more, they are further down than the most of the faithful like to believe but a few realistic fans know how far down they are. Last year he was flapping his gums and his brother was trumpeting about a mystery D that would nullify the highflying Tigers, course it failed miserably, so his coaching is suspect untill he proves otherwise.

Lets hope the weather is clear and there arn't any injured players, may the best team win!

Be careful, they are gonna tell you that you are wrong

Because every top 10 defense he has coached in the last decade hasn't proven otherwise already? Say what you want about his head coaching acumen, but for the love of God even Hellen Keller could tell this guy knows how to coach a friggin defense.

Because every top 10 defense he has coached in the last decade hasn't proven otherwise already? Say what you want about his head coaching acumen, but for the love of God even Hellen Keller could tell this guy knows how to coach a friggin defense.

Told ya

Told ya

This is like seeing someone say, "The sun rises in the west," then telling that person, "They're going to tell you you're wrong."

Seriously. "Told ya?" When captain obvious has proof on his side? Come on. Don't reach so much.

Told ya

Nice :clap