The weather for tonight becoming a big factor

Columbia is under flash flood Warning right now. It has rained all night. They are calling for 1-2 additional inches today and 1-2 additional inches tonight "especially in the evening". I think that is going to play to our favor . looks like this game will be played on the ground and in the trenches. It doesn't take away the quick dump, but it could take pressure off our secondary for deep routes and big pass plays. It probably quiets the crowd as well. Hell, the students might not even get out of the bars.

It is going to be a great game and I am going to be soaking wet. I'll be there until the last tick, clapping for the Tigers when they go off the field with a L.

Wow with that much rain, it's going to be like the Nebraska Kansas game back in the Blizzard of 1997 in October. All that moisture headed North into the Nebraska cold air, and a lot of Omaha woke up Sunday morning with tree limbs all over, and no power. I wonder what the downpour is going to look like on tv?

I remember that night very well. We lived in the 40th & D area back then - lots of big trees, lots of leaves still because it hadn't gotten cold yet. We moved our cars out from under a large tree to a relatively open part of the driveway, then walked around a bit in the snow. Branches shattering all over the place, sounded like giant popcorn. A huge double-boled tree half a block down from our house split and fell on a neighbor's house while we watched. When we got back to the house a huge, dead branch had dropped right were our cars had been - would have busted them up pretty good.

We spent the next few days moving branches. We were on 40th Street the next day, in the sunshine, hauling 20-foot branches off the street. We were one of the last sections of town to get our power back, 11 days later. We stayed with my in-laws on their couches for a week, then toughed it out at home for the last four days.

That was a heck of a storm.

Wow with that much rain, it's going to be like the Nebraska Kansas game back in the Blizzard of 1997 in October. All that moisture headed North into the Nebraska cold air, and a lot of Omaha woke up Sunday morning with tree limbs all over, and no power. I wonder what the downpour is going to look like on tv?

I remember that night very well. We lived in the 40th & D area back then - lots of big trees, lots of leaves still because it hadn't gotten cold yet. We moved our cars out from under a large tree to a relatively open part of the driveway, then walked around a bit in the snow. Branches shattering all over the place, sounded like giant popcorn. A huge double-boled tree half a block down from our house split and fell on a neighbor's house while we watched. When we got back to the house a huge, dead branch had dropped right were our cars had been - would have busted them up pretty good.

We spent the next few days moving branches. We were on 40th Street the next day, in the sunshine, hauling 20-foot branches off the street. We were one of the last sections of town to get our power back, 11 days later. We stayed with my in-laws on their couches for a week, then toughed it out at home for the last four days.

That was a heck of a storm.

Wow, I was at my Parents house South of 44th and Madison Street. I was in town for the weekend while going to College out of state, and if you didn't have 4 wheel drive there was no way you were going to get out of South Omaha. I was supposed to go back Sunday Night and didn't get back till Wednesday.

Hopefully Lee gets one of those Tebow shots with blood all over him from last season. Or was it field paint? Can't remember. I'm pretty sure ESPN thought it was blood. You know, like Gladiator. Except Jesus is fighting in the colosseum and single-handedly slaying giant Gallic warriors with one hand behind is back. And he's healing Indonesian children.

You know. Rain.

Hopefully Lee gets one of those Tebow shots with blood all over him from last season. Or was it field paint? Can't remember. I'm pretty sure ESPN thought it was blood. You know, like Gladiator. Except Jesus is fighting in the colosseum and single-handedly slaying giant Gallic warriors with one hand behind is back. And he's healing Indonesian children.

You know. Rain.

It was field paint at FSU, I remember that game. Couldn't happen in this game because MU has field turf, or at least I don't think the paint comes off of that stuff.

How does field turf handle the amounts of rain that are being predicted? Does it pretty much run through it like sand or does it hold the water? If it holds the water it will be like playing in an ankle deep pool of water.

My understanding is that it is state-of-the-art and could drain 4-6 inches of water an hour. According to reports, total rainfall so far is in the vicinity of 3.5 with another 1.5 by the time the storm is over.

I'm never sure how these types of developments impact games. The sipmlistic approach would be, in my opinion, to say that inclement weather and less-than-perfect field conditions favor the Huskers.

Wow, I was at my Parents house South of 44th and Madison Street. I was in town for the weekend while going to College out of state, and if you didn't have 4 wheel drive there was no way you were going to get out of South Omaha. I was supposed to go back Sunday Night and didn't get back till Wednesday.

Thats down by where I grew up, right by Darby's Bar and Omaha Gross/Bryan High Schools. Didnt they cancel Halloween that year?