Since when have Husker fans been bandwagoners??

Apathy

Everyday I start off my morning by glancing at Huskerpedia.com for my husker news. Well today is the big game and Huskerpedia have some links for news articles for tonights game. I was reading an article out of the Kansas City link and I read this: http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/1496432.html#

Cheers if ...

Missouri makes it four in a row at home against a Nebraska team that once owned the Tigers. That would knock a wheel off the surprisingly full Nebraska bandwagon.

I'm sorry but when have Nebraska fans been bandwagoners :dunno I'm sorry but when we went 5-6 in 04' and 5-7 back in 07' I was still wearing my Husker gear day in and day out.

Everyday I start off my morning by glancing at Huskerpedia.com for my husker news. Well today is the big game and Huskerpedia have some links for news articles for tonights game. I was reading an article out of the Kansas City link and I read this: http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/1496432.html#

Cheers if ...

Missouri makes it four in a row at home against a Nebraska team that once owned the Tigers. That would knock a wheel off the surprisingly full Nebraska bandwagon.

I'm sorry but when have Nebraska fans been bandwagoners :dunno I'm sorry but when we went 5-6 in 04' and 5-7 back in 07' I was still wearing my Husker gear day in and day out.

There are quite a few actually. Dont get me wrong, there obviously are ALOT of true husker fans. Let me stress that again....ALOT OF TRUE HUSKER FANS!!!! But...i personally know alteast 20 people in my life (work, friends, church) that put on shirts and cheer when things are well, but could care less when they are not. And I really doubt that I just happen to know the only 20 people in Omaha like this. During those 2 (good grief) bad years, husker flags were taken down, people stopped wearing gear on 'husker fridays', friends quit watching games. Trust me when i say there are many, many more true fans, but there are plenty of the bandwagon type as well

Kind of mysterious, that 300 consecutive sellout streak, isn't it? Bunch of bandwagon fans. Please.

thats all the evidence needed to refute the argument of Nebraska bandwagon fans. in this instance though I think the article was talking about the media jumping on the Nebraska bandwagon. anyway you look at it...GO BIG RED!!!

Husker fans are starting to believe in NU again now that Bo is here and Callafraud is gone. Another lopsided loss to a team NU should beat will damage the momentum the team and staff have begun to build over the last two years is what is being said here.

Besides, what they wrote is there to sell media. Don't take it so seriously or literally. What they are saying isn't at all earth shattering. Let them have their fun for the moment. We know what's what.

I would guess they aren't talking about the actual fans, but more the media people who have jumped on picking us to win the North.

You have a good point there and I never really though about that.....it makes sense.

This is to Vince:

I'm not taking this too seriously but it just surprised me. I do agree with you that the players and fans are starting to take Bo more serious and believing in what this team can really achieve.

Honest observation Fro - we've accused a couple on here of being bandwagon fans. I think some of it is not getting oneself too high because the doldrums are not fun. But that's college football in today's environment.

We all need to remember there is AT BEST one undefeated team at the end of the season and there are a hell of a lot of fans that wish their favorite team only lost 3 - 4 times a year.

BTW Fro - did you see our recs for a good seat in Vegas to watch games?

Honest observation Fro - we've accused a couple on here of being bandwagon fans. I think some of it is not getting oneself too high because the doldrums are not fun. But that's college football in today's environment.

We all need to remember there is AT BEST one undefeated team at the end of the season and there are a hell of a lot of fans that wish their favorite team only lost 3 - 4 times a year.

BTW Fro - did you see our recs for a good seat in Vegas to watch games?

Yes I did, Thanks!!

Like i have said before, it sucks when your team loses. And I know plenty of bandwagon fans that like/used to like my teams. For goodness sake I cheer for the Royals, Chiefs and MU. I havent had that many good years and when they are good they have the same things in common. They never win the big ones. <_<

I guess the same could be said for MU. Since MU started having success the past couple years, I cant remember a time that I have seen so many Mullets being sported outside of the Missouri borders.

not going to deny that. But here is the other side. There are now a whole generation of young fans that are growing up with MU being a winning team, and inturn are becoming fans. And finally for the first time in my life i can buy MU gear without having to go to Missouri to get it.

I guess you can call me a bandwagoner, I hopped on the tailend 38 years ago. I've got a family room full of Husker memories. I have two children that wore an actual Husker Jersey that had been worn by a Husker player on the field at Memorial Stadium during a game within 24 hours of their birth. I wore a NEBRASKA sweat shirt during every game from the start of the 1984 season until we beat Miami in the '95 Orange Bowl for the National Championship. I retired that sweatshirt that night completing the vow that I had made to myself after the loss in the Orange Bowl in '84. The vow was to wear that sweatshirt for every game until the Huskers won a National Championship. If this is bandwagon then I say it should be spelled with a capitol "B."

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez