Anybody Superstitious.....

Apathy

Ha ha ha I actually had a piece of food go down the wrong pipe so I went upstairs to hack it up so everyone wouldn't have to listen to it. While I was up there we got the INT and TD. My superstitious side kicked in so I stayed upstairs to watch. (Before everyone told me i wasnt allowed to go back downstairs.

I was eating a hamburger pepperoni pizza and when Suh caused the first fumble my Uncle and I jumped up from the sofa and one of the hamburger balls got caught in my throat. My uncle grabbed my shoulder and asked if I wanted him to do the heimlich and my fiancee who is going to school to be a Physicians Assistant wanted to give me the heimlich. A few gags later and the hamburger decided to come back up......it was very scary. Thats never happened to me.

Don't worry HJ if something ever happens to you I'm sure there are those of us who will console your fiancee. :) Just take of yourself bro.

Gawd I'd hate to croak while every one stood around debating as to if and when to apply the heimlich.

T_O_B

:clap:clap

I had on my 1994 championship T-shirt and very seriously considered taking it off just like Watson considered pulling Lee. We both stuck our guns and the rest is history. You're welcome.

The only time I have NOT worn my 300th sell out t-shirt and Husker ankle socks, was against Va Tech. Guess what will be worn for the next game? :thumbs

During the first half, I wasnt wearing a hat. At Halftime, I put on my black husker hat. I chose my black one because we lost to Mizzou last year so I was in mourning. I think this is my new standard. If the last time the huskers played a team and they lost, black hat. If we beat the team we are playing the last time we faced them, red hat. White hat for teams we have never faced (I hate my white hat)

I went over to watch the game at my sister and brother-in-laws house with family and friends. At the beginning of the fourth quarter my brother-in-law moved from his chair to the floor and made a makeshift pillow with blankets to get comfortable. Soon after that there were the first two Lee to Paul TDs. My brother-in-law got up and started to move back towards his chair and everyone starts yelling "Get back down there!!" He said he was just retrieving his drink. Once he had drink in hand he returned to the floor long enough for two more Husker scores.

Edit: Hey! post #37!!!

------------------

Funny..

I don't normally consider myself a superstitious person..But Husker Football always seems to bring it out of me.

Was watching the game at home but had to leave at 6:30 (Pacific)..still no score.

Drove around my Son's school looking for a parking spot without taking my foot off the gas because it kept dying when I let it idle.

Suddenly, car dies and the snap is mishandled? and we give up a safety...

I fight the urge to bring in my headphone AM radio into my son's concert and trust in the football gods not to let us get too far behind while I lose "contact".

Almost tear up meeting my Ex and her Mom and feeling awkward having to stand in the back and not very welcome to sit with them.

Get back in the car and find out we're behind 9-0 and drive the two or three miles to Buffalo Wild Wings and look for (Army Husker)..See a little over a dozen Husker fans watching the main screen and ask three of them if they've heard of Huskerboard or was there any other husker fans there that looked like they were in the Army...While watching..neither team does much..a couple three and outs and penalties...I decide I'm still not giving the team much luck and think..."Maybe if I go home to watch the rest of the game?"..so I snuck out without saying goodbye to any of my new friends..by then, the AM reception out here really sucks at night and I can't make out what's going on so I switch to my fav. FM station.

Get home,,Turn on the TV and we score that play..(after taking my shoes off).

Really tired, I decide to go upstairs and watch the rest in bed..almost dozed off before time expired, but woke up at 5AM in me lucky homemade huskers shirt..the gray one with this: huskers_logo.jpg on it..

Ha ha ha I actually had a piece of food go down the wrong pipe so I went upstairs to hack it up so everyone wouldn't have to listen to it. While I was up there we got the INT and TD. My superstitious side kicked in so I stayed upstairs to watch. (Before everyone told me i wasnt allowed to go back downstairs.

I was eating a hamburger pepperoni pizza and when Suh caused the first fumble my Uncle and I jumped up from the sofa and one of the hamburger balls got caught in my throat. My uncle grabbed my shoulder and asked if I wanted him to do the heimlich and my fiancee who is going to school to be a Physicians Assistant wanted to give me the heimlich. A few gags later and the hamburger decided to come back up......it was very scary. Thats never happened to me.

Don't worry HJ if something ever happens to you I'm sure there are those of us who will console your fiancee. :) Just take of yourself bro.

Gawd I'd hate to croak while every one stood around debating as to if and when to apply the heimlich.

T_O_B

:clap:clap

:laughpound Thats some funny stuff there T_O Bull. You and all of the other Husker fans are going to have to fight off my dad with my fiancee if I ever croak lol.

BTW Husker fans you all have some amazing and funny stories and thanks for sharing. This thread just made my day......Thanks :clap

Edit: Hey! post #37!!!

------------------

Funny..

I don't normally consider myself a superstitious person..But Husker Football always seems to bring it out of me.

Was watching the game at home but had to leave at 6:30 (Pacific)..still no score.

Drove around my Son's school looking for a parking spot without taking my foot off the gas because it kept dying when I let it idle.

Suddenly, car dies and the snap is mishandled? and we give up a safety...

I fight the urge to bring in my headphone AM radio into my son's concert and trust in the football gods not to let us get too far behind while I lose "contact".

Almost tear up meeting my Ex and her Mom and feeling awkward having to stand in the back and not very welcome to sit with them.

Get back in the car and find out we're behind 9-0 and drive the two or three miles to Buffalo Wild Wings and look for (Army Husker)..See a little over a dozen Husker fans watching the main screen and ask three of them if they've heard of Huskerboard or was there any other husker fans there that looked like they were in the Army...While watching..neither team does much..a couple three and outs and penalties...I decide I'm still not giving the team much luck and think..."Maybe if I go home to watch the rest of the game?"..so I snuck out without saying goodbye to any of my new friends..by then, the AM reception out here really sucks at night and I can't make out what's going on so I switch to my fav. FM station.

Get home,,Turn on the TV and we score that play..(after taking my shoes off).

Really tired, I decide to go upstairs and watch the rest in bed..almost dozed off before time expired, but woke up at 5AM in me lucky homemade huskers shirt..the gray one with this: huskers_logo.jpg on it..

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Dude, what the hell! I'm so sorry! I found out Thursday that my pass was canceled and I had to beg Delta for a refund on my plane ticket. I start the 64 class on Monday and couldn't make it over there for the game. Sounds like you had a bum night...hope the win helped? Pm me when you get a chance...

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Dude, what the hell! I'm so sorry! I found out Thursday that my pass was canceled and I had to beg Delta for a refund on my plane ticket. I start the 64 class on Monday and couldn't make it over there for the game. Sounds like you had a bum night...hope the win helped? Pm me when you get a chance...

Hey..No worries.

The local news had a story Tue or Wed night about a local squad of helicopters going to some base in the south..looked like they used your your sig pic. as they were showing them leaving..Wondered if you were involved but then thought that made no sense...

The win helped...Although I'm starting to think I need to trade my "new car" of only 7 years in.

Hope you stay safe!..We'll probably meet someday.

Let's see here during halftime i was telling my cousin that mizzou was getting all of the calls and the ball always seemed to bounce their way. So i also told him that it could all change the next half..but during the first part of the second half things still werent going our way. Thats when i told my wife and kids were going home i want to watch the rest of the game there..and before we had left i told myself maybe just maybe if i put husker jersey back on things would sart to turnaround ...and then what do you know things started going our way!!!

Other than i drink from a husker glass everyday its a must...kinda lame but i dont care!

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Hey..No worries.

The local news had a story Tue or Wed night about a local squad of helicopters going to some base in the south..looked like they used your your sig pic. as they were showing them leaving..Wondered if you were involved but then thought that made no sense...

The win helped...Although I'm starting to think I need to trade my "new car" of only 7 years in.

Hope you stay safe!..We'll probably meet someday.

They must've had luck looking as good as we do over here! J/K!

Good chance I'll be down there in the future. I upset some people not being able to make it like I thought I would, so will def need to make the trip as soon as I get a chance.

Buy American (cough) on your next ride and I'll hope for a better chance at getting a good pass/leave to get over there.