Stewie Mandel

Also from this article:

Toward the end of the Nebraska-Missouri game I regrettably tweeted that Kansas remained my pick to win the Big 12 North. In the words of Gob Bluth: "I've made a huge mistake." The Huskers have a far more favorable remaining schedule -- and a much, much better defense. Even if they lost in the Big 12 title game, their famous traveling horde would be widely welcomed by any bowl committee.

I saw Stewart's tweet after the game, and I thought he'd lost his mind. Stewart knows football, and occasionally makes mistakes, but that was ridiculous. I'm glad to see he's thought better of his mistake after some reflection.

Wow and I thought we had lofty expectations. I think we're a little more realistic. Had we closed the deal in Blacksburg I might agree with this assessment but LSU's defense was good but couldn't score points against another good D and look what happened. I think we are hands down the favorite to go to the Big 12 championship game but that's as far as it goes right now.

And I still don't understand how Texas and Nebraska could earn a BCS birth considering we would have 2 losses in his scenario. (Texas couldn't possibly play for the title if we beat them).

And I still don't understand how Texas and Nebraska could earn a BCS birth considering we would have 2 losses in his scenario. (Texas couldn't possibly play for the title if we beat them).

The Fiesta Bowl would be the lower-tier BCS bowl this year. Pretty much every team in the bottom part of the top 10 (which is where we'd be ranked in this scenario) on down should have two losses. TCU could be an exception, but there won't be two non-BCS teams in BCS bowls.

The Fiesta Bowl would be the lower-tier BCS bowl this year. Pretty much every team in the bottom part of the top 10 (which is where we'd be ranked in this scenario) on down should have two losses. TCU could be an exception, but there won't be two non-BCS teams in BCS bowls.

:yeah beat me to it.

OTOH I'm not ready to say Nebraska wins out or anything like that, but this is the likely scenario at this point. Of course, Notre Dame making the BCS was also a likely scenario in many people's opinion coming in to the season so let's not start making travel plans.

I think Nebraska has a better shot of making the Fiesta game or making an at-large bid even if we do lose in the conference championship game, which hasn't been the case the last two seasons (KU and Texas both leapfrogged Missouri into BCS bowls). You would have to believe that our fan following would be the reason though.