My missouri game experience sucked big time

CornBall

Always wanted to go to a game in Columbia. Now I know I'll never go back.

NO stadium parking.

LITTLE OR NO pay parking nearby

We had to park alongside a HIGHWAY in pouring rain and WALK 2 miles to the stadium. We couldn't walk on the pavement for fear of getting run over. We walked in the shoulder ditch area which means we were soaked with mud once we reached the stadium. That took a solid hour.

NO pedestrian/traffic control whatsoever except right next to the stadium. You take your life in your own hands hiking to that stadium.

When we reached the stadium, we were already drenched. We then find our way to our seats, and there's a stoned/drunk mizzoo guy in our seats and I said "What number is your seat" and he said "I don't have a clue." Neat. So me and the wife just kind of carved out a place to sit.

The mizzoo fans were total trash talkers. When a Nebraska player would get hurt, they would say turn to us and say "Go big red!" And they did that every time Mizzoo did something good.

I turned around to one mizzoo fan who was trash talking and said "you guys are a classy bunch aren't you?" He just looked at me.

I'm all about cheering for your team but taunting others is over the top. I was totally disappointed and that stadium SUCKED. The concessions and restrooms were PATHETIC.

I've been to a Nebraska game at most big 12 venues and this is the most bush league by far.

I'll never go up there again.

Always wanted to go to a game in Columbia. Now I know I'll never go back.

NO stadium parking.

LITTLE OR NO pay parking nearby

We had to park alongside a HIGHWAY in pouring rain and WALK 2 miles to the stadium. We couldn't walk on the pavement for fear of getting run over. We walked in the shoulder ditch area which means we were soaked with mud once we reached the stadium. That took a solid hour.

NO pedestrian/traffic control whatsoever except right next to the stadium. You take your life in your own hands hiking to that stadium.

When we reached the stadium, we were already drenched. We then find our way to our seats, and there's a stoned/drunk mizzoo guy in our seats and I said "What number is your seat" and he said "I don't have a clue." Neat. So me and the wife just kind of carved out a place to sit.

The mizzoo fans were total trash talkers. When a Nebraska player would get hurt, they would say turn to us and say "Go big red!" And they did that every time Mizzoo did something good.

I turned around to one mizzoo fan who was trash talking and said "you guys are a classy bunch aren't you?" He just looked at me.

I'm all about cheering for your team but taunting others is over the top. I was totally disappointed and that stadium SUCKED. The concessions and restrooms were PATHETIC.

I've been to a Nebraska game at most big 12 venues and this is the most bush league by far.

I'll never go up there again.

I agree 100%, the worst place to watch a game, period. I am glad you got the best of them by sitting the game out and watching all those mizzery band wagon fans empty the stadium with 10 minutes left on the clock. I had the misfortune of going to Columbia when we lost the first of the last 3 we lost down there... and like you, I said "Never again"!!

worst huh... I easily call your BS on this one

and jj, not that i dont love your over the top dramatic hatred. Your like a scorned lover. But if leaving a staduim when you team is down 2 scores with under 1 min left after sitting soaked for the better part of 4 hours or more is bandwagon, you need to call out your 60K husker breathren who walked out early in the second half of a beautiful weather game last year. Or how about the thousands that turned the game off on Thurdays night before the comeback. Get over yourself dude...

My experience in Columbia was awesome on Thursday. I parked 10 minutes from the stadium, tailgated with Husker and Mizzou fans, and had a great time talking with all of the Mizzou folks in my section.

With the exception of the obvious down pour, it was a lot of fun. And btw, complaining about being drenched is a bit silly. You were drenched whether you had to walk 2 miles or 2 minutes.

Secondly, there was mud everywhere. That's what happens when it rains 6 inches in 6 hours.

My experience in Columbia was awesome on Thursday. I parked 10 minutes from the stadium, tailgated with Husker and Mizzou fans, and had a great time talking with all of the Mizzou folks in my section.

With the exception of the obvious down pour, it was a lot of fun. And btw, complaining about being drenched is a bit silly. You were drenched whether you had to walk 2 miles or 2 minutes.

Secondly, there was mud everywhere. That's what happens when it rains 6 inches in 6 hours.

Prediction, i would gladly welcome fans like you to my tailgate. Fans like jj can just stay home

You cant fault him for saying his opinion. If he says that he thinks that its the worse, than its the worse to him. Not everyone is going to like your stadium or experience, so you kindof have to swallow your pride and get over it. not everyone is the same. he was sharing what he thought.

I went to the game in 2005 and had poor experiences with fans after the game. I will never go back except to set fire to that dump. I can understand being in support of your team, and having tons of spirit, but the amount of venom that the vast majority I encountered spewed was alarming. I have never been told to F-off so many times in my life just because of the t-shirt I was wearing. What's hilarious is that fans were leaving at half time when Nebraska had come back to tie the game. Absolutely ridiculously over the top, no respect for the opponent. Hell, I don't even mind getting ribbed about being a Husker fan, but what I encountered was just sad. "Let the hatred consume you, and you will stronger than ever before."

It was just my personal experience - not Missouri's fault that it was pouring rain, and I'm sure there are plenty of nice Missouri fans. I do have to say though that the parking set up and traffic control was absolutely horrendous. You're just kind of on your own. And the stadium set up left a lot to be desired. Tried to get a cup of joe and it was clear it would be an hour wait. It was just all in all a poor experience for me personally.

That's good to hear and that's how college fans should act. We all have to remember that without the other team and it's fans the fun would quickly go out of college football.

T_O_B

:)

You cant fault him for saying his opinion. If he says that he thinks that its the worse, than its the worse to him. Not everyone is going to like your stadium or experience, so you kindof have to swallow your pride and get over it. not everyone is the same. he was sharing what he thought.

hey to each their own, I could rattle off 10 or more on this board that leave quite a bit to be desired as husker fans. I could then make the statement that they are the worst example of any fan base i have delt with (true by the way) and that means Husker fans are obnoxious, spoiled, hate filled, little pricks and the worst by far in the big 12.

Doesnt mean its true. infact we know it is not...

I have seen games in Columbia. The Mizzou fans like to talk trash and are punks, otherwise It's an ok venue. Colorado is a place that you wouldn't want to take your family for a game. I've never heard of riot police having to calm a Mizzou post game. I can't say the same about Colorado. (Infamous CSU/CU game) Trash talking is capped by projectile throwing, beer (and occasional urine) drenchings, and they take drunk and stoned to a whole new level.

Next time you are in Mizzou take a nice stroll in the quad and get a picture of the Pillars in front of Jesse Hall. Afterward stop by Shakesphere Pizza and have a bite, it's delicious. Then make your way to memorial stadium which encompasses farout field and watch Nebraska kick the crap out of Mizzou!

My experiences were pretty good. I went to the K-State game last year and an Iowa State game like 9 years ago. I would rank Missouri as my least favorite fan base of those three, but really only because KSU and ISU had nothing to brag about. Concerning the MU fans, about 90% of them were nice. The only problems I had were an older lady that yelled "GO BACK TO NEBRASKA!" a few times as loud as she could, a MU fan that yelled "SCOREBOARD!" after I got done celebrating our first TD and a few MU fans yelling "F$%# Nebraska!" at me while I was leaving. Now, pointing these people out may paint a bad picture. There were a lot of MU fans that pointed out some unfavorable ref calls, joked about some of the bad play, chatted in general about football. I had some good laughs with MU fans. I enjoyed my experience, despite the horrendous weather, lack of audio, a few bad fans and tiny impossible to see detail "big" screen.

hey to each their own, I could rattle off 10 or more on this board that leave quite a bit to be desired as husker fans. I could then make the statement that they are the worst example of any fan base i have delt with (true by the way) and that means Husker fans are obnoxious, spoiled, hate filled, little pricks and the worst by far in the big 12.

Doesnt mean its true.

Youre right it doesnt mean its true. nor did i state that what he said was true. his opinion, your opinion. Maybe hes been to all the stadiums and never had a hard time til thursday, therefore hes going to say its the worse.

Fro, wait until your fans get back from Boulder after the halloween game(assuming they make it out of town alive).

Full blown riot scheduled that night. They already have everything short of the national guard lined up.

LOL. Better bring your riot gear and gas masks. That one is going to be ugly when Missery names the score on their sorry azzes. I would take anything valuable you may have from your car and make sure there isnt anything associating your vehicle with the state of Missery otherwise you wont have a car left to drive home in. Another good investment Goodyear run flat tires, oh and cut your mullet unless you want to get scalped.