My missouri game experience sucked big time

CornBall

Funny thing is i have never had issues with Colorado. I have been to MU/CU games in COMO and never had an issue and a BB game in Boulder bout 8 years back and never an issue.

maybe its just you guys... :dunno

;)

Coincidentally, nobody ever complains how the opponent treats them - AT THEIR OWN HOUSE. Let us know next time you head over to Boulder for a game that CU thinks it's going to win, only to have your Tigers take the game. I'm thinking you'll be treated a little differently.

But yeah, it is just us to a degree, too. After all, we stomped on most of the "North" teams for a couple of decades. That kind of win streak breeds a different kind of animosity fueled by jealousy that just doesn't exist between Missouri and Colorado.

i made it real big incase you missed it ;)

Then why mention your games at COMO? And who are you kidding? CU has hung their hat on their football team for years now. They're an also-ran in basketball and they know it, and their fans have never been as passionate about basketball as football.

Bottom line, go to a FOOTBALL game at Boulder, a game that CU thinks it's going to win, a game that has national importance, and beat them. Then tell us how you're treated.

PS - I can make words bigger, too. Does this make my point better?

Well first off with a screen name like yours I take a little off the credibility chart.

I will agree that it is not a friendly stadium for parking. Some of the roads around it are very busy,

But the last time I was there, I had to park out on the south side, and corect about a mile out. But low and behold a Missouri fan pulled up along side us walking and asked us if we wanted a ride to the stadium. He is a big fan of the team and parks to the southwest of the stadium. We met up after the game and had dinner and has become a very close friend.

You get what you sow guys. And sometimes we look for things not to like.

I have been to Missouri several times. And have never been treated anything but civil.

I will go back anytime.

Funny thing is i have never had issues with Colorado. I have been to MU/CU games in COMO and never had an issue and a BB game in Boulder bout 8 years back and never an issue.

maybe its just you guys... :dunno

;)

Coincidentally, nobody ever complains how the opponent treats them - AT THEIR OWN HOUSE. Let us know next time you head over to Boulder for a game that CU thinks it's going to win, only to have your Tigers take the game. I'm thinking you'll be treated a little differently.

But yeah, it is just us to a degree, too. After all, we stomped on most of the "North" teams for a couple of decades. That kind of win streak breeds a different kind of animosity fueled by jealousy that just doesn't exist between Missouri and Colorado.

i made it real big incase you missed it ;)

Then why mention your games at COMO? And who are you kidding? CU has hung their hat on their football team for years now. They're an also-ran in basketball and they know it, and their fans have never been as passionate about basketball as football.

Bottom line, go to a FOOTBALL game at Boulder, a game that CU thinks it's going to win, a game that has national importance, and beat them. Then tell us how you're treated.

PS - I can make words bigger, too. Does this make my point better?

Nope...just makes my screen look funny

i am sure that has something to do with it. Could also be the attitude of many husker fans that they are the only ones that can be on top. I have heard more cracks about Mu and a weak north, but if NU is the winner this year and the north is down again, even more than in past years does that take away from NU winning it? or how about the dozens of conference championships when NU and OU were the only two teams that had winning programs? Although being beat has something to do with it, im am sure an elitist attitude by some doesnt help. I mean most of us are from the midwest. Basic hardworking values. I grew up in an area where you worked hard and treated others with respect. Nobody likes the spoiled snobby kid. And in some circles, Nebraska fan is that kid. My buddy says Ne fan is the pretty popular girl in HS that gets shown up. She is pissy and jelous now that she isnt the apple of everyones eye. (he is a ISU fan BTW) I believe that to be harsh and over the top, but you get the point.

obviously i dont believe that to be the majority. yeah some NE fans torqe me off, but i have no issues with most. But then again some tiger fans torque me off too... :dunno

Just stop, Fro. In some circles, sure, Nebraska is that obnoxious fan. Now let's contrast that to Mizzou fan from the 80s-90s in basketball. I don't recall a whole lot of respect being given to Nebraska by Missouri. Missouri was that spoiled snobby kid every bit as much as Nebraska was in football.

You know as well as we know that these obnoxious asses are the lowest denominator in our fan bases. Why are we belaboring this point?

I was at the game and I can say that it was probably the worst game experience I've ever had. I went to the MU/KU game at Arrowhead last year when it was raining ice, and it wasn't as bad as this. The rain was coming down so hard, that you were soaked to the marrow. However, I knew that was coming an I choose to go anyway.

The really bad part was that the stadium was running on backup power. There was no power in the concession stands. They were literally working in the dark and they had to explain to every person that walked up 'no you can't pay with a credit card'. The brand new big screen was down (I really wanted to see that), there was no PA and no Play Clock. I heard the radio mention that the authorities in Boone county were busy saving flash flood victims.....so I don't think there was as much crowd control at the game as normal.

Thats some crazy shiz!

You guys know i dont hold a grudge. But some of my fellow MU fans do. And for what ever reason they dont little Nebraska. Could be a million reasons why. Who knows.

We all know why. It's called jealous of prosperity. It's not just NU but any dominating program in any conference. The facilites, the winning, the awards, etc etc. That's why just about everybody from the original Big 8 hates NU.

When you have been beaten like a drum for generations by somebody you are going to hate them.

See... Red Sox Fans

i am sure that has something to do with it. Could also be the attitude of many husker fans that they are the only ones that can be on top. I have heard more cracks about Mu and a weak north, but if NU is the winner this year and the north is down again, even more than in past years does that take away from NU winning it? or how about the dozens of conference championships when NU and OU were the only two teams that had winning programs? Although being beat has something to do with it, im am sure an elitist attitude by some doesnt help. I mean most of us are from the midwest. Basic hardworking values. I grew up in an area where you worked hard and treated others with respect. Nobody likes the spoiled snobby kid. And in some circles, Nebraska fan is that kid. My buddy says Ne fan is the pretty popular girl in HS that gets shown up. She is pissy and jelous now that she isnt the apple of everyones eye. (he is a ISU fan BTW) I believe that to be harsh and over the top, but you get the point.

obviously i dont believe that to be the majority. yeah some NE fans torqe me off, but i have no issues with most. But then again some tiger fans torque me off too... :dunno

All in all i think most of us are the same people. I believe it was Knnaplc who said we are the sme, just born in different areas and grew up liking different teams

I wouldn't argue your point.

Just stop, Fro. In some circles, sure, Nebraska is that obnoxious fan. Now let's contrast that to Mizzou fan from the 80s-90s in basketball. I don't recall a whole lot of respect being given to Nebraska by Missouri. Missouri was that spoiled snobby kid every bit as much as Nebraska was in football.

You know as well as we know that these obnoxious asses are the lowest denominator in our fan bases. Why are we belaboring this point?

There is a slight difference between what MU has done in football and what NU did in basketball. Mu might not have won the conference in football or won a NC but atleast Mu has been pretty good and can finish in the top half of the conference. That more then can be said about NE in basketball. :horns2

:thumbs

There is a slight difference between what MU has done in football and what NU did in basketball. Mu might not have won the conference in football or won a NC but atleast Mu has been pretty good and can finish in the top half of the conference. That more then can be said about NE in basketball.

What are you talking about? Over the past 30 years Nebraska Basketball = Missouri Football. Missouri Basketball does NOT = Husker Football, not even close.

There is a slight difference between what MU has done in football and what NU did in basketball. Mu might not have won the conference in football or won a NC but atleast Mu has been pretty good and can finish in the top half of the conference. That more then can be said about NE in basketball.

What are you talking about? Over the past 30 years Nebraska Basketball = Missouri Football. Missouri Basketball does NOT = Husker Football, not even close.

never said it did. And MU had bowl wins over the past 30 years, Nebraska has never won a tourney game so on that note MU football is much greater than NU basketball

never said it did. And MU had bowl wins over the past 30 years, Nebraska has never won a tourney game so on that note MU football is much greater than NU basketball

Whatever. You can poke at my analogy all you want. The point remains.

You guys know i dont hold a grudge. But some of my fellow MU fans do. And for what ever reason they dont little Nebraska. Could be a million reasons why. Who knows. Nebraska for some reason doesnt like MU. Probably a million reasons why. And those feelings have led to biased opinions of eachothers fans and teams.

Mu is not the greatest staduim in the big 12, its middle of the pack. Parking due to construction this year espescially has really sucked. But Memorial (MU's) is far better than others in the conference.

The fans, well depends on your crowd i guess. I have seen MANY more stories from husker fans about the good times they had and the good fans they spent time with then the few stories of how bad it was.

Thing is if you could see the same things i do and hear from other teams that we play you might get where i am comming from. when teams that play us make a point to tell us how great an experiance it was and how welcome they felt. Sounds familar huh. I should have posted the letters from Nevada fans about both their visit to COMO and ours out to Reno and how much the enjoyed it. I know some MU fans are awful. It is a fact of life. Just believe me when I tell you I call them out faster than any others because they reflect on me.

I aint mad at you holer, its your rightful opinion. Parking has been an issue all season due to some work they are doing. I guess I am just a different breed. I drove around a cluster f**K in lincoln last year and ended up paying $20 to park in a yard. Then i walked nearly 2 miles to the stadium, most of which was down back dirt alleys. I never even would have thought to complain about that. Infact dont know that i had even mentioned it before now.

1. I agree with most of what you say and I think lots of times Husker fans on the road have a weird idea of how they should be treated, its almost like they think fans of the home team should come up to them and be like "wow, how does it feel to back such a great program?" and stuff like that. Yes I am a HUGE husker fan and alum, but thats how lots of the Husker fans act on the road, especially older ones.

2. I think a lot of times fans on the road look for all the bad things they can find, its usually more fun to look for the bad things and bitch then it is to look for the good things.

3. If you couldnt park closer to the stadium at UNL then you flat out f'd up. You can park at any frat house for 20 dollars. I just went to the 300th sellout game, got there 90 minutes before kickoff (a night game mind you) and went right to a frat house and parked for 20 dollars.

That being said, if some dude said he had his worst experience at the Mizzo game, well then, thats his opinion so as a mizzo fan you that you are, you either have to live with it and let it bother you or not give a f#*k.

i didn't read through the whole thing but i read the 1st few posts and honestly, complaining because of parking 2 miles away? really? We got there about 30 minutes before kickoff and didn't park more than a mile away.... IN BOTH 07 AND 09..... I had a great time with no problems from fans either year. I really have a hard time seeing what people are saying with mizzou being a terrible place to watch a game. the rain sucked, sure, but what do you expect? That's not their fault.