My missouri game experience sucked big time

CornBall

Never been to a game in Columbia. Maybe someday. But of any place I have ever been to and watched the Huskers play, Boulder is one I'll never return to. I think that is their goal to make sure you never come back. Sooner fans were awesome but a few jerks could be found just like we have them in Lincoln. Actually the best place to watch a game and mingle with the fans are bowl games. A neutral field plus the fact that most dirtbags can't afford the trip generally equals a good time. I'm betting that the SEC has a lot more bad fans than we could ever imagine but I found the Tennessee fans a lot of fun. And a huge kudo's to Missouri for hosting this game under some incredibley terrible conditions. I am sure it was a nightmare! Someone should have sent you a SUHnamie warning!!!

You guys know i dont hold a grudge. But some of my fellow MU fans do. And for what ever reason they dont little Nebraska. Could be a million reasons why. Who knows. Nebraska for some reason doesnt like MU. Probably a million reasons why. And those feelings have led to biased opinions of eachothers fans and teams.

Mu is not the greatest staduim in the big 12, its middle of the pack. Parking due to construction this year espescially has really sucked. But Memorial (MU's) is far better than others in the conference.

The fans, well depends on your crowd i guess. I have seen MANY more stories from husker fans about the good times they had and the good fans they spent time with then the few stories of how bad it was.

Thing is if you could see the same things i do and hear from other teams that we play you might get where i am comming from. when teams that play us make a point to tell us how great an experiance it was and how welcome they felt. Sounds familar huh. I should have posted the letters from Nevada fans about both their visit to COMO and ours out to Reno and how much the enjoyed it. I know some MU fans are awful. It is a fact of life. Just believe me when I tell you I call them out faster than any others because they reflect on me.

I aint mad at you holer, its your rightful opinion. Parking has been an issue all season due to some work they are doing. I guess I am just a different breed. I drove around a cluster f**K in lincoln last year and ended up paying $20 to park in a yard. Then i walked nearly 2 miles to the stadium, most of which was down back dirt alleys. I never even would have thought to complain about that. Infact dont know that i had even mentioned it before now.

1. I agree with most of what you say and I think lots of times Husker fans on the road have a weird idea of how they should be treated, its almost like they think fans of the home team should come up to them and be like "wow, how does it feel to back such a great program?" and stuff like that. Yes I am a HUGE husker fan and alum, but thats how lots of the Husker fans act on the road, especially older ones.

2. I think a lot of times fans on the road look for all the bad things they can find, its usually more fun to look for the bad things and bitch then it is to look for the good things.

3. If you couldnt park closer to the stadium at UNL then you flat out f'd up. You can park at any frat house for 20 dollars. I just went to the 300th sellout game, got there 90 minutes before kickoff (a night game mind you) and went right to a frat house and parked for 20 dollars.

That being said, if some dude said he had his worst experience at the Mizzo game, well then, thats his opinion so as a mizzo fan you that you are, you either have to live with it and let it bother you or not give a f#*k.

I have been at the MU game in 03, 05, 07, and 09. All four times we tailgated with some very nice Missouri fans very close to the stadium. We have met many nice Missouri fans. I define nice as people who don't feel the need to mouth off. You can hate me for being a Husker fan but you don't have to tell me about it. There are way too many MU fans that just have to run their mouths.

My guess is that majority of MU fans are good except for the fact that they find it accpetable for the minority to act like jackasses.

CU fans are much worse. Penn St. fans are far worse than CU.

Everyone seems to have bad experiences somewhere. I've been going to the CU game out here in Colorado since about 1991 with no issues to speak of.

Although, I show up and watch, I don't spout off....except in '07 when I was screaming at all the fans leaving that they could remember this game everytime they dialed the phone and their local agea code 30-3.

I did get the students a little riled up as well when I asked when they started running a buffalo herd out instead of just Ralphie when their cheerleaders came out. Caught a couple of finger waves from the cheer squad for that remark.

I aint mad at you holer, its your rightful opinion. Parking has been an issue all season due to some work they are doing. I guess I am just a different breed. I drove around a cluster f**K in lincoln last year and ended up paying $20 to park in a yard. Then i walked nearly 2 miles to the stadium, most of which was down back dirt alleys. I never even would have thought to complain about that. Infact dont know that i had even mentioned it before now.

You only had to pay $20?? Dang!!! Let me know where this yard was so I can park in it. :)

You only had to pay $20?? Dang!!! Let me know where this yard was so I can park in it. :)

Fro was exaggerating quite a bit here. If he's paying $20 for parking he's less than a mile from the stadium, most likely in the North Bottoms section of town. If he paid $20 to park two miles away then I'd like to talk to him about a bridge I have for sale, since he's apparently made of money.

The only thing that sucked about my game experience down there this year was the weather. I met some nice college aged kids at the new Stadium Grill. Hell, when we parked there the lot attendants gave us coupons to the place. Of course, this was the only place I went before the game because my friend and I decided that walking anywhere else would suck. Also I sat in the visitors section at "The Zou", so again I was around Husker Fans. Everyone has jacka$$ fans, I've seen them in Lincoln wearing red. There's not many of them, but they're there. All in all Columbia wasn't a bad trip. I can see it now. It rains 5 inches on that Thursday I'm in Columbia, it'll snow 3 feet when I go to Boulder later this year.

Fro was exaggerating quite a bit here. If he's paying $20 for parking he's less than a mile from the stadium, most likely in the North Bottoms section of town. If he paid $20 to park two miles away then I'd like to talk to him about a bridge I have for sale, since he's apparently made of money.

it was a 10-15 minute walk to get to the overpass going to the stadium. I was on the opposite side of the greek row i think. we tried to get closer but were told either we could not park there (could have been because of the colors i was wearing ;) ) or that it was a members lot (like pay for the season and have assigned spots). Maybe things were better on the other side but after doing a few circles we found a spot and hit the trail

it was a 10-15 minute walk to get to the overpass going to the stadium. I was on the opposite side of the greek row i think. we tried to get closer but were told either we could not park there (could have been because of the colors i was wearing ;) ) or that it was a members lot (like pay for the season and have assigned spots). Maybe things were better on the other side but after doing a few circles we found a spot and hit the trail

If you took an overpass then you parked in the North Bottoms where I typically park. If you paid $20 then you must have looked long and hard to find the most expensive place to park. I can't remember seeing a $20 lot in that area. Most charge about $10, and there are a TON of signs around offering that price. The furthest point from the stadium in the North Bottoms is the Indian Center where I park, which is half a mile from the 50 yard line of the stadium.

I know it's fun to pretend, Fro, but let's not go so far overboard. ;)

2 miles might be an overstatement, but i can guarentee its over 1 mile. I can meet you in lincoln next year and we can walk the route with a distance roller. :lol:

I might not be in 'playing shape' anymore but the day it takes me that long to walk a half mile from my car to the 50, i should just roll over and die

CU is the worst... just for having NE plates in boulder automatically gets your car keyed. Their fans are terrible (generalization) and the team is terrible and "the worst day as a buff is better than the best day as a husker".

I mean what stadium actually has to stop the game to clear out the student section b/c you are filled with so little class?