Greg Sharpe

I have been thinking what a wonderful addition Greg Sharpe has been for the Nebraska football program. I really enjoy hearing his radio call when I have to listen on the radio and wish we weren't in the age of delay so I could listen play by play and watch TV at the same time..

Greg Sharpe, he knows whats going on in the game, he gets excited and he shows it, he's got a great voice for radio and I really like his style..

Thank goodness Jim Rose is gone and we get spared the Rosisms like Memorial Stadium being "Ole Grandma". It's nice to know which player actually made the play, how much time is left and what quarter it really is.

I kind of miss Kent Pavelka, but now days I don't think I would trade him for Greg Sharpe..

Comletely agree. You can tell what's happening on the field, and he's excited when something big happens, and he doesn't try to make himself the center of attention with catch phrases or funky ways of pronouncing names ("Fraz-yah"). He's the best we've had in many, many years. I also wish I could get radio synced to TV to listen to him.

I haven't listened to a radio broadcast of a game in years.

That's a shame. Are you also saying that you do not listen to the hours of pre game and post game on 1110? And you call yourself a fan....

Back to the topic. I also like Pavelka, but I wouldn't trade Sharpe right now.

I have been thinking what a wonderful addition Greg Sharpe has been for the Nebraska football program. I really enjoy hearing his radio call when I have to listen on the radio and wish we weren't in the age of delay so I could listen play by play and watch TV at the same time..

Greg Sharpe, he knows whats going on in the game, he gets excited and he shows it, he's got a great voice for radio and I really like his style..

Thank goodness Jim Rose is gone and we get spared the Rosisms like Memorial Stadium being "Ole Grandma". It's nice to know which player actually made the play, how much time is left and what quarter it really is.

I kind of miss Kent Pavelka, but now days I don't think I would trade him for Greg Sharpe..

HUHHHH????? Greg Sharpe is bland and his "Bo Pelini Show" has about the excitement of a root canal. I want Pavelka back! It hasn;t been the same without him in the booth!!

HUHHHH????? Greg Sharpe is bland and his "Bo Pelini Show" has about the excitement of a root canal. I want Pavelka back! It hasn;t been the same without him in the booth!!

Being out of the area I listen to the feed a lot and I really like Sharpe. I had a hard time after Pavelka left because I never really like Rose. Pavelka was like a big warm blanket, you couldn't image a winter without one and I couldn't imagine NU football without Pavelka. However I really really like Sharpe. He has seemingly re-established that connected feeling I once had in listening to the games.

Bo is nearly as exciting as Tom Osborne used to be in his show, at least from what I remember of Tom in the 70s. Maybe he got better over the years, but once I moved in the early 80s I didn't get it until this year when I finally got Fox Sports Midwest. Bo always looks like he wants to get it over with as quickly as possible, which I can respect, but it doesn't make for much of a show. Sharpe is talking to a chair, and there's not much he can do with it.

I like Greg Sharpe, but one thing I think he is missing that I really liked about Rome is that extra degree of excitement on big plays. He has a good dynamic voice, but he never gets to that point (even during plays as huge as Suh's Pick-6 against Colorado last year) where he just loses it and freaks out, which is something I love hearing from a sports broadcaster when it's appropriate.

Besides that though, I think he does great.

Agree that the "Nebraska Coaches Show" is terrible and bland. Completely disagree with the rest. Pavelka was such a homer and talked done about the other teams and coaches so often it was hard to even listen to the guy. Listen to some of the pregame and game against Florida in the 96 Fiesta Bowl and you'll hear it. Jim Rose was just god awful!! I quit listening to the radio except when absolutely necessary during the those periods.

Greg Sharpe is much, much better than either of those 2.

I like Greg Sharpe, but one thing I think he is missing that I really liked about Rome is that extra degree of excitement on big plays. He has a good dynamic voice, but he never gets to that point (even during plays as huge as Suh's Pick-6 against Colorado last year) where he just loses it and freaks out, which is something I love hearing from a sports broadcaster when it's appropriate.

Besides that though, I think he does great.

Thats ok you have Adrian Fialla there to freak out for him. Sometimes I think thats his designation, "Official Freak Out Radio Guy."