Who would you like to see step up @ RB?

Who should play @ running back?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I think Mendoza should get some more reps. People always talk about his speed and shifty moves, and I was actually very pleased by what I saw out of him Saturday. He had some heart to get near the first down marker on that pass play, just before Ricky Henry got nailed for that dumb Personal Fall for bursting into the pile. Supposedly, Mendoza cannot get on the field because Wats wants a more "complete" back, saying Mendoza's blocking is not up to snuff.

Austin Jones did not impress me much, however he didn't have even decent blocking on his one carry or the shovel pass he got. He got crushed by the D End on the shovel, but perhaps our tackle was working downfield, and the DE just stayed home and made a good play.

Also, Collins Okafor looked good in the spring game, but hasn't done much since then (besides briefly leave the team :facepalm: ). I wonder why Lard keeps getting lost in the mix and would like to see a bit of Robinson if they think he's good enough to burn his RS season halfway through.

I'll say Robinson or Okafor...we miss a bruiser back and these guys have some size. I like Mendoza as well and think he can work wonders in misdirection as you have to account for his speed. I'd really like to see some sets with Helu and another back together whether it be a heavier bruiser back for short yardage or Mendoza to pop out for passes. I just don't think most defenses are scared of our WR's and they can stack and key on Helu or come after our QB quickly. Mendoza can keep them off balance and then let one of the bigger backs punch them in the mouth once in awhile. We definitely miss Burkhead and Castille. Think of going against OU...we better have something ready!

:box I will vote for Suh...hell he does everything else on this team...think they need to let him know he won't be doing the kicking though...but would you want to tackle him? Huh? Didn't think so...

its worth a shot, specifically around the goal line and in short yardage situations. he's a known receiving threat so we could also run some play action out of it. let the big fella pound the rock.

:box I will vote for Suh...hell he does everything else on this team...think they need to let him know he won't be doing the kicking though...but would you want to tackle him? Huh? Didn't think so...

its worth a shot, specifically around the goal line and in short yardage situations. he's a known receiving threat so we could also run some play action out of it. let the big fella pound the rock.

Anybody that can intercept a pass coming right off the QB's hand like he did in Missouri - heck, I would even let him return punts if he wants to...might have to call time out and feed him some oxygen when he gets to the 50 yard line, though. :clap

Anybody that can intercept a pass coming right off the QB's hand like he did in Missouri - heck, I would even let him return punts if he wants to...might have to call time out and feed him some oxygen when he gets to the 50 yard line, though. :clap

Suh doesn't breathe oxygen, he breathes excellence.

:w00t

I chose Tray simply because he is the big bodied back that I think this team could use. According to Huskers.com, both him and Ward are listed at 215, two guys that many have said could possibly fill the role that QC left.

Plus, maybe it just the new guy thing, but I want to see what the kid is made of. Hell, his redshirt has already been burned, which means the coaches have plans for him. Let's see what they are.