I'm really starting to get annoyed.

HuskerT

I find it funny how so many forget how they yelled for Joe Dailey after he completed a few passes in scrub time. Lord sucked, we want the new guy!!!!

Solich said...Lord is the best we got.

Careful what you wish for.

Both those guys sucked. You guys are all missing the point, I'm not taking sides against Lee or Green, I'm only suggesting that since Lee hasn't looked good against anybody outside of the sunbelt conference and you burned Green's redshirt why not give the him a start to see what he can do. That's it. In my opinion Lee hasn't proven that he's any more ready to run the show than Green is. Bo has created this problem himself and since they're both on scholarship next year too, he might as well get used to these threads.

Everyone wants to win. Nobody is happy that we're losing. But let's remember that we're all Husker fans.

Recognize that a fair portion of these posts are coming out of frustration, and when we start winning again let's all slap each other on the backs and have a beer. What do you say?

100 per cent :yeah Knapp. Totally with you on this.

T_O_B

:nanalama

I find it funny how so many forget how they yelled for Joe Dailey after he completed a few passes in scrub time. Lord sucked, we want the new guy!!!!

Both those guys sucked. You guys are all missing the point, I'm not taking sides against Lee or Green, I'm only suggesting that since Lee hasn't looked good against anybody outside of the sunbelt conference and you burned Green's redshirt why not give the him a start to see what he can do. That's it. In my opinion Lee hasn't proven that he's any more ready to run the show than Green is. Bo has created this problem himself and since they're both on scholarship next year too, he might as well get used to these threads.

HuskerT I agree with ya man... it a tough spot were in thats not gunna go away exept with wins and solid play from the position... I really hope Lee can get something going and carry it through to the Oklahoma game.. its just that I don't see it happening...

HuskerT I agree with ya man... it a tough spot were in thats not gunna go away exept with wins and solid play from the position... I really hope Lee can get something going and carry it through to the Oklahoma game.. its just that I don't see it happening...

Thanks, obviously we have no control over the situation so if Lee's going to be Bo's man than I wish him the best, but if he continues to struggle than I'll continue to bitch about it.

Green be worse? LOL I don't that's even possible.

Oh it's very possible. I don't know if Green is actually worse but as the poster above noted it could be like people calling for Dailey when Lord was stinking it up. As soon as Dailey got the starting job people wished Lord was still around. Round and round we go.

Yeah, Lee may be doing great in practice, and none of us get to see that, but guess what? Doing great in practices do not win us games. The fact is, he is inconsistent and doesn't help us win during gametime. Yeah, he wasn't to blame for all of the fumbles, but his three turnovers and when HE almost lost a fumble doesn't help either. His running is a joke and he can't make a decision of who to pass to. He misses wide open receivers and instead throws to his check down man. He is lousy at throwing over the middle, and even when he checks down, he tends to throw high and wide. Sorry, he may "manage" a good game, but that just tells me he is not losing the game for us and doing very little to help us win. That's what "manage" means to me in this situation.

Some players are great in practice and not so good in actual games. Others are not so good at practice but are gamers. Why not just try Green instead of hitting our head against the wall with Lee? I don't understand it at all.

Fellas... This thread is the closest thing to an actual civilized discussion in some time. Not much venom, insults, and hate. Keep up the good stuff.

There's a lot of questions for us Husker fans and its good to discuss, make a case and understand other ppl's views. A lot of it points to the QB spot and there are good points being made.

There's not much we can do, other than have good football talk and support our Huskers. Things will be okay.

I believe. Its all I can do.

Go Huskers

Green be worse? LOL I don't that's even possible.

Oh it's very possible. I don't know if Green is actually worse but as the poster above noted it could be like people calling for Dailey when Lord was stinking it up. As soon as Dailey got the starting job people wished Lord was still around. Round and round we go.

Remember, though, that Dailey was recruited as an option quarterback under Solich...couldn't really throw well. By the time Dailey finally got the nod, we were under the Callahan regime, and running the West Coast Offense. Either way, I don't think these two are viable comparisons.

First of all, my opinion on the QB situation is this. Lee should start the game, then Green should start the second half. At this point I really don't care where the game is at, I think you give Green the nod in the second half and give him a couple of series. If he plays well, he finishes out the game, if not, you can put Lee back in. With our defense this year, giving Green a couple of series starting the second half, isn't going to get the game out of control if he can't move the ball. Remember, this is only my small irrelevant opinion. Seems to me that there are a lot of "politics" going on here. I think one thing that people should consider is, as some people have said, the future of the program. Now, not just looking forward to Green's time as a QB, but other recruits. I could be way off base here, but I personally don't think that Lee is the primary problem on the offense. If you "fire" him and just start Green blindly, what are you saying to current and future players. They may feel that if the job is not getting done, be it partially or not their fault, they can be benched because of my position? Now I'm not saying this is true and I could be way off base, just trying to look outside the box a little bit.

From what I've heard Bo say, they grade out each position. I don't know the plays, therefore I don't know the routes. Is it possible that the WR's are running sloppy routes and this is why some of the passes are errant? Also, does anyone know how Watson sends in the plays? Does he send in like 3 or 4 plays each time giving the QB the option of which one to run depending on how the defense is lined up? This might be where Cody just isn't ready. Maybe he isn't getting into the right formations and plays with regards to how the defense is aligned. The flip side of the argument is Bo and staff over the course of a season and a half have shown they really aren't interested in getting the backup QB's any playing time. How much playing time did Witt and Lee actually see last year? It appears the staff is content doing this again this year with Green and Washington.

I truly don't think the the reason why CG isn't starting is not playing well in practice. I've heard several times he just doesn't have the "take charge attitude" a QB needs yet. I believe (JMO) that coaches are keeping him hungry by not playing him till he figures that attitude out. Coach Bo said he didn't grade out as well in taking charge of the field as in a 2 min drill. I'm not saying Lee is the best at this but use the (ok) QB when you are teaching a young O how to play. Build the hunger in the (good) QB till next year and then unleash him. (it makes sense to me)

"Not Ready"? If he can run the ball without dropping it on the ground; and/or pass it without having 3 interceptions in a game... he is ready for our offense!

The kid has gone through spring ball, fall practice, and we are 8 weeks into the season... how is it that other true freshman are able to play? ... When will he be ready? ... Why did we burn his redshirt if he is not ready?

Sorry for the vent, but I am still frustrated! And I am tired of hearing about how well ZL "graded out"... obviously they are grading on the Bill Callahan "excellent in all areas" Curve.