Tom Shatel

Cody Green has played this year. In 4 games, and will probably get more playing time this year. I do not see this year as a waste for him.

It's a HUGE waste of a redshirt if we're only going to put him in the game during garbage time of blowouts (whether we're on the winning side or losing side). If Green having his RS burned is not going to affect the season whatsoever, then it is a huge waste. What would you rather have? A quarterback with a couple of games of garbage time experience coming in to his second year and only 3 "real" years to play? Or would you rather have him RS and then have 4 FULL years to make an impact? If they don't mix things up, with our offense's HORRENDOUS play as of late, then his redshirt burning is one of Pelini's few bonehead calls.

This is why people laugh at Shatel. The answer is painfully obvious. A "real" journalist should be able to see it immediately. Either he's just using this as a method of griping or he's truly being obtuse.

Green's redshirt was burned when Spano went down in Fall Camp. Washington is NOT capable of accomplishing this team's goals, which were (I believe) a North championship, being competitive for a conference championship, and a BCS bowl game. With Spano out and Latravis Washington not ready to be the guy, Green absolutely had to be game-ready if Lee goes down.

The decision to burn Green's shirt was easy, correct, and obvious.

Whatever it takes to sell newspapers, I guess. If there's no controversy, no problem - we'll just fabricate some.

Despite the Cyclones ripping the ball from him, Robinson ran hard, determined, hit the hole, and had some good jukes. Dude looked tough and ready. Needs to cool down a bit when he gets up after each carry. He's just pumped though.

No commit on the Green thing. Its been exhausted enough.

This is why people laugh at Shatel. The answer is painfully obvious. A "real" journalist should be able to see it immediately. Either he's just using this as a method of griping or he's truly being obtuse.

Green's redshirt was burned when Spano went down in Fall Camp. Washington is NOT capable of accomplishing this team's goals, which were (I believe) a North championship, being competitive for a conference championship, and a BCS bowl game. With Spano out and Latravis Washington not ready to be the guy, Green absolutely had to be game-ready if Lee goes down.

Whatever it takes to sell newspapers, I guess. If there's no controversy, no problem - we'll just fabricate some.

Don't forget about Spano, Green would have redshirted if Spano did not go down, from what i have ever heard about him is that the kid can play.

Don't forget about Spano, Green would have redshirted if Spano did not go down, from what i have ever heard about him is that the kid can play.

;)

Just based upon Bo's and Watson's comments during spring and fall camp, Spano would have played third string behind Lee and Green. As far as I know of, Spano is a slower runner than Lee- although he is more shifty and has better eyes. I think Green's shirt isn't wasted and there are quite a few games left in the season to start jumping on the band wagon. Ganz wasn't the starter in 07 in Sept. But he definitely got great experience for 08 once he took over in Nov. ZLee could break his ankle or pull a hammy etc any game. The garbage time Green has gotten is hopefully enough to get the butterflies out of him.

;)

Maybe the coaching staff saw some of these problems coming, and that's why they rushed Spano back after the ACL injury. I'm still kind of shocked that they tried to get the kid back into action after only about 50% of the usual recovery time.

IF you are going to waste a rs year, shatel is completely right, play him in meaningful snaps. what would have been wrong with a few wildhusker plays? Kid has some wheels, use them. MU wasted a yr of gabbart's eligibility by burning the rs for nothing, never played one snap when it meant anything and he was not allowed to run the o when given pt, now look he isn't prepared when the bullets are flying. that is what is wrong with HC's who dont get it. especially last week, just needed a stinking FG and you had to change the karma of the team. ISU isn't very good but they do hustle. Bo blew that one.

Green is there, play him some snaps, Lee is just not getting you anywhere.

Helu is hurt set him down and let him rest.

:yeah