Cody Green to start vs. Baylor

We need a couple new smilies. One for dumping on an OP and another for eating crow. This would really simplify these threads. I find the former to be extremely annoying.

We also need one with a giant hook, line and sinker getting swallowed. Seems there are a LOT of people who are willing to believe on blind faith anything they read online, no matter how shaky the source.

People are so desperate for information, and they have such an entitlement mentality where they think they deserve to know what they want to know, that they're willing to accept rumor as fact and defend it with zero basis. It's naive to think you aren't being screwed with by some of these guys, but every time these new posters come on with their "inside source" and get questioned, up jumps a crowd to defend them.

You don't know this guy from Adam. You don't even know if it's a guy, for that matter. But you're willing to take as plausible this rumor because.... what? You want to believe it's true? That's a pretty amazing thing, really.

Note the way the OP dodged the only true football-related question posed to him, the one about alignment. It's fine if you want to blindly defend this guy. But don't get upset when myself and others ask for a little proof before walking down the primrose path.

We need a couple new smilies. One for dumping on an OP and another for eating crow. This would really simplify these threads. I find the former to be extremely annoying.

We also need one with a giant hook, line and sinker getting swallowed. Seems there are a LOT of people who are willing to believe on blind faith anything they read online, no matter how shaky the source.

People are so desperate for information, and they have such an entitlement mentality where they think they deserve to know what they want to know, that they're willing to accept rumor as fact and defend it with zero basis. It's naive to think you aren't being screwed with by some of these guys, but every time these new posters come on with their "inside source" and get questioned, up jumps a crowd to defend them.

You don't know this guy from Adam. You don't even know if it's a guy, for that matter. But you're willing to take as plausible this rumor because.... what? You want to believe it's true? That's a pretty amazing thing, really.

Note the way the OP dodged the only true football-related question posed to him, the one about alignment. It's fine if you want to blindly defend this guy. But don't get upset when myself and others ask for a little proof before walking down the primrose path.

I believe you really struggle to differentiate what has been stated from what hasn't. There aren't two camps here. Incessantly attacking anyone that posts anything that doesn't complement your point of view borders on zealotry or fascism.

Wow i cant believe i read most of that. I have confirmation from Bos salt water aquarium guy, that Suh will be starting QB.

I wish everyone would just shut up about the saltwater aquairum guy :bang There is such a thing as overuse. It's not even funny anymore. Drop it already. :madash

Dude...are you a salt water aquarium guy? Is that why it bothers you so much? How's Bob Davie doing?

I am! And I'm sick and tired of people thinking I'm the snitch!

P.S. Bob's good and says hello.

Sincerely,

Captain Nemo of Captain Nemo's Aquarium Installation and Repair

I believe you really struggle to differentiate what has been stated from what hasn't. There aren't two camps here. Incessantly attacking anyone that posts anything that doesn't complement your point of view borders on zealotry or fascism.

There's a world of difference between 'not complementing your point of view' and 'not contemplating reality'

There has been absolutely NO indication that the coaches are unhappy with how Lee is playing or that there is any chance that he would not be starting.

This guy has nothing to back himself up besides 'take my word for it', but there's plenty of evidence suggesting contrary to what he is claiming.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

You make that claim about me after I've committed the sin of saying, "Show me proof," and yet you mindlessly support some guy who says he's buddies with Beck's nephew.

I really did LOL at that one. Thanks for the chuckle.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

You make that claim about me after I've committed the sin of saying, "Show me proof," and yet you mindlessly support some guy who says he's buddies with Beck's nephew.

I really did LOL at that one. Thanks for the chuckle.

I didn't single you out, but you certainly did think so. That says something, doesn't it? It was directed to the three pages of garbage that is reminiscent of several other dramas that have played out over the course of this season. And to clarify, since it seems I wasn't poignant enough, I didn't support anyone. Let me reiterate by quoting myself:

There aren't two camps here.
I didn't single you out, but you certainly did think so.

You quoted me, dude. I'm going off of what YOU said. Here, I'll provide your quote, in case you've already forgotten:

Again, laughable. But you're at least entertaining. Thanks for that. :thumbs

You quoted me, dude. I'm going off of what YOU said. Here, I'll provide your quote, in case you've already forgotten:

This thread is working for me in the entertainment department too. I'll second it. :thumbs (now where's the popcorn?) :snacks:

Yes. I quoted you. You jumped on my initial post and completely misunderstood it (both are habits you have demonstrated a proclivity towards), so I felt the need to clarify. What is your point?

I believe we'll be shutting this one down for now.

A quick summary before closing. Rumor starts, some believe rumor, some don't, some feel some are "attacking" original poster for starting rumor, the ones that are "attacking" tell why they do what they do, the ones that felt some were "attacking" then question why the ones that are "attacking" are "attacking" instead of just ignoring the thread, then it turns into a moral debate about "attack" or "not attack". I think that covers it.

In short Cody Green MAY start on Saturday take it for what it is.