Cody Green to start vs. Baylor

Eat crow? Are you mad? Here's how this is going to work: Cody Green starts this week, and you all come out and say, "Everyone doubting him needs to apologize."

OR

Lee starts again, repeat of the ISU game, Green barely sees the field (if at all), and we either lose or win really ugly.

Monday morning, guess what's going to crop up? A whole bunch of threads with "inside" info that Green is going to start against Oklahoma. Probably by yet more first time posters.

It's called the "spaghetti method." You throw a handful of spaghetti at a wall, and eventually some of it will stick.

We had these threads several times this year. None of them have come true. Eventually Green is bound to get a start. It doesn't mean that the people who threw the spaghetti that particular week have inside info, it simply means they were the guy posting the same rumor on the week it happened to come true.

100% correct, just ask Cody Glenn, Patrick Witt, Quentin Castille, Zac Lee, Rex Burkhead, etc.

Sweetheart, I'm talking about the CODY GREEN STARTING threads.

It also bears noting that not every one of those threads about Witt, Q, Glenn, etc came true. There was a lot of BS mixed in.

Anyone advocating blind belief in these rumor threads is off his rocker.

Eat crow? Are you mad? Here's how this is going to work: Cody Green starts this week, and you all come out and say, "Everyone doubting him needs to apologize."

OR

Lee starts again, repeat of the ISU game, Green barely sees the field (if at all), and we either lose or win really ugly.

Monday morning, guess what's going to crop up? A whole bunch of threads with "inside" info that Green is going to start against Oklahoma. Probably by yet more first time posters.

It's called the "spaghetti method." You throw a handful of spaghetti at a wall, and eventually some of it will stick.

We had these threads several times this year. None of them have come true. Eventually Green is bound to get a start. It doesn't mean that the people who threw the spaghetti that particular week have inside info, it simply means they were the guy posting the same rumor on the week it happened to come true.

100% correct, just ask Cody Glenn, Patrick Witt, Quentin Castille, Zac Lee, Rex Burkhead, etc.

It also bears noting that not every one of those threads about Witt, Q, Glenn, etc came true. There was a lot of BS mixed in.

Yeah, the one about Holt sure turned out to be true :sarcasm

OR

Well I don't recall threads several times this year stating that Cody Green WOULD start. Pretty sure that up until just before the ISU game that all of the threads were that Cody SHOULD start, pretty big difference. Even had a small few claiming that Cody would start by the middle to end of this season, they all clarified that they thought so just based on how much talent Cody had as compared to Lee. Also recalling last week I think almost all of the threads came down to resignation that Lee would start but everyone expected Green to get a lot of PT. That seemed to be the large prevailing theme anyways. Again this is a rumor thread and a new rumor topic to boot. Rumor threads have been proven right and wrong in the past, take them for what they are and move on.

If Green plays, I'm guessing it's in the third quarter when we're down 6-3.

cuz NU will NOT trail in this game.

:cheers

I don't know.... Have you noticed how the past games have started for NU?

VT-long kickoff return to start game

TT-tipped ball caught for long first down on first series

Iowa State-fumble on first play

What will it be against Baylor?

Fumble on opening kickoff?

Pick six on first drive?

Long passing play for TD by Baylor on first drive?

Robinson fumble in opening drive?

Take your pick, chances are one of the above will happen.

I still think Nebraska will win, but it will be an ugly game.

Rumor threads have been proven right and wrong in the past, take them for what they are and move on.

That's right, they have been right and wrong, meaning they aren't worth a whole lot, correct? You have zero factual basis to pin anything on, just the "word" of some anonymous guy out in the world. On top of that, knowing the readiness to believe these rumors, we’ve had people sign up with sockpuppet accounts and create false rumors because they’re get off on jerking us around. This is a wide-open forum, with trolls given free rein far too often. So it stands to reason that a number of these rumors are going to be pure trollery, yes? If you don’t believe that premise, the rest of this conversation is wasted.

Now, operating under that premise, look at what you have in this thread. Some guy, with no reputation here, logs on under a name that any Husker fan would presume to be a slap in the face of the program, with a sudden connection to the program and a story that, to be fair, is unlikely at best, with a rumor that Green is going to start.

Bully for him. With all the momentum pointing toward Green in the past few weeks, it stands to reason that the kid will get a shot sometime this year.

And the saddest thing is, people here are gullible enough to believe this stuff, and run to the defense of the OP. Amish Heaters, anyone?

OR

Personally...

maybe i'm reading willie's post wrong.. but the "eating crow" and he said it was to the 99% of people piling on in this thread.... which would seem to mean he would be insinuating that green is starting? which would give this thing a helluva lotta legs around here at least.....

but maybe i'm reading that wrong.

Rumor threads have been proven right and wrong in the past, take them for what they are and move on.

That's right, they have been right and wrong, meaning they aren't worth a whole lot, correct? You have zero factual basis to pin anything on, just the "word" of some anonymous guy out in the world. On top of that, knowing the readiness to believe these rumors, we’ve had people sign up with sockpuppet accounts and create false rumors because they’re get off on jerking us around. This is a wide-open forum, with trolls given free rein far too often. So it stands to reason that a number of these rumors are going to be pure trollery, yes? If you don’t believe that premise, the rest of this conversation is wasted.

Now, operating under that premise, look at what you have in this thread. Some guy, with no reputation here, logs on under a name that any Husker fan would presume to be a slap in the face of the program, with a sudden connection to the program and a story that, to be fair, is unlikely at best, with a rumor that Green is going to start.

Bully for him. With all the momentum pointing toward Green in the past few weeks, it stands to reason that the kid will get a shot sometime this year.

And the saddest thing is, people here are gullible enough to believe this stuff, and run to the defense of the OP. Amish Heaters, anyone?

Wow I guess I figured you knew better than that. Of course I take everything with a grain of salt, I just don't understand your incessant need to bash the OP. So what if he has little to no history here, who cares? We have had posters similar to this OP come on and be both 100% right and 100% wrong, as well as somewhere in between. This poster felt the need to share something, accurate or not, why let it get under your skin. Instead why don't you share your thoughts about the topic and not the OP? I don't see where the OP called you a name or lavished insults. For what it is worth I have seen this same rumor pop up all over other boards from posters that have a decent track record so I would say this one has a better chance than some of being accurate. Doesn't mean it is true, but I won't be shocked if it is. Bottom line, isn't it fun to speculate? I thought that was what a board like this was all about.

OR

Personally...

maybe i'm reading willie's post wrong.. but the "eating crow" and he said it was to the 99% of people piling on in this thread.... which would seem to mean he would be insinuating that green is starting? which would give this thing a helluva lotta legs around here at least.....

No, that is exactly what willie is insinuating.

Personally...

No, I think you're reading that right. And I believe Willie - he has an established reputation of having knowledge. Willie's word is good based on past experience. The OP is who I'm calling out.

I disagree with Willie in the fact that I have to eat crow because I'm calling foul on the OP. I've laid down why I think the OP is full of it, and I stand behind that. It's entirely too coincidental that the OP registers the day after Reality Check gets banned, with a similar tone of writing, and suddenly he's someone with a tie to the inner workings of the program and he's now, in the middle of the season, suddenly sharing that info. There's a LOT of coincidence there. Too much for me to buy into.

So I'm not going to be apologizing to the OP if he's correct. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Personally...

No, I think you're reading that right. And I believe Willie - he has an established reputation of having knowledge. Willie's word is good based on past experience. The OP is who I'm calling out.

I disagree with Willie in the fact that I have to eat crow because I'm calling foul on the OP. I've laid down why I think the OP is full of it, and I stand behind that. It's entirely too coincidental that the OP registers the day after Reality Check gets banned, with a similar tone of writing, and suddenly he's someone with a tie to the inner workings of the program and he's now, in the middle of the season, suddenly sharing that info. There's a LOT of coincidence there. Too much for me to buy into.

So I'm not going to be apologizing to the OP if he's correct. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

I didn't even flinch at it when it was the OP saying it and his "story" about how the 01 MNC game made him realize blah blah blah blah.

But when i read that from Willie it made me actually think about it.. I still find it hard to believe with everything Pelini's said this week that Lee won't start when it was a lot more questionable last week and Lee still started.. but as you said, Willie has established the rep of being in the know.. so that's the only reason i'd actually consider this being a possibility.

Personally...

I didn't even flinch at it when it was the OP saying it and his "story" about how the 01 MNC game made him realize blah blah blah blah.

But when i read that from Willie it made me actually think about it.. I still find it hard to believe with everything Pelini's said this week that Lee won't start when it was a lot more questionable last week and Lee still started.. but as you said, Willie has established the rep of being in the know.. so that's the only reason i'd actually consider this being a possibility.

All he has really said is that the situation hasn't changed from last week meaning that the starting QB is a game time decision. People heard that "Situation hasn't changed" comment and took it out of context.

Personally...

All he has really said is that the situation hasn't changed from last week meaning that the starting QB is a game time decision. People heard that "Situation hasn't changed" comment and took it out of context.

And Pelini said that no changes at the position are imminent heading into Saturday's game at Baylor.

No changes are imminent. meaning no changes are likely to occur... to me that sounds like Pelini saying that Lee is our QB and will be.

If Pelini and Watson think Lee did pretty well against ISU, I don't see why they would make a change now, unless one week of practice has been enough for Green to suddenly impress them.

I personally think it's likely that the offensive nightmare continues. Lee stays in. The wide receiver shake-up along with a pretty mediocre opponent means we'll be able to put some points up finally, and we'll manage to beat Baylor by a couple scores. But it will still be painfully obvious that we're in for another disaster against OU.