Cody Green to start vs. Baylor

Coach Beck's nephew is my friend. He just got a text from his uncle that said Cody will start and Roy Helu may not play but it will be a game-time decision due to injury (shoulder).

Happy to pass this along.

java script:emoticon(':bonez',%20'smid_8')

I just heard from a very good source that Kody Spano will start the game against Baylor. I wouldn't doubt it one bit...

If for no other reason than to put an end to this neverending argument, I really hope that he's right and that Green gets to start, and at least play a full half.

While I'm at it, if Helu is hurt as bad as I get the impression that he is-get his azz off the field. Among other things, the lack of his fumble could have won the game against ISU.

If for no other reason than to put an end to this neverending argument, I really hope that he's right and that Green gets to start, and at least play a full half.

While I'm at it, if Helu is hurt as bad as I get the impression that he is-get his azz off the field. Among other things, the lack of his fumble could have won the game against ISU.

at this point what do we have to lose... as for helu the guy seems always broke down... and burkhead i can't even believe career ending injury is being thrown around.... :hmmph:hmmph:hmmph:hmmph

Even if he does start, knowing Watson, he won't use the strength of Cody which is running.

Isn’t his strength Zone Reads and bubble screens? The plays we have been running a crap-load of lately. I could have sworn I saw that some place. <_<

“I just sit and itch because that’s what I’ve been brought up to do, all through high school,” Green said. “That’s why I’m really here. That’s why I had close to 2,000 yards rushing and 3,000 yards passing, because we just threw bubbles and stuff off that play. We’re really starting to turn to that and it’s really starting to drive me crazy because I want to get in there and run it and just show people what I can do.”

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2009/1...53054151163.txt

Even if he does start, knowing Watson, he won't use the strength of Cody which is running.

Isn’t his strength Zone Reads and bubble screens? The plays we have been running a crap-load of lately. I could have sworn I saw that some place. <_<

“I just sit and itch because that’s what I’ve been brought up to do, all through high school,” Green said. “That’s why I’m really here. That’s why I had close to 2,000 yards rushing and 3,000 yards passing, because we just threw bubbles and stuff off that play. We’re really starting to turn to that and it’s really starting to drive me crazy because I want to get in there and run it and just show people what I can do.”

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2009/1...53054151163.txt

And the bubble screen can be a very effective play off the zone read fake if the qb is actually a threat to run. You get the db's to take a step down to the QB and then get it out to the edge of the field. But you have to have a credible threat at QB to run.

1. What is a troll?

2. I live in nebraska

3. Miamihrrcns2001 is my name because thats the game that i realized what nu football is all about, its not about winning or losing, its about having the greatest and most passionate fans in college football and having the best tradition in the country.

4. Yes, Miami is my second favorite team

5. every name with "huskers" "Nebraska" or "Blackshirts" in it that i could remember were already taken.

a troll is you. im sorry i cant give you the benefit of the doubt wih your hurricane story. still seems pretty fishy. come saturday if cody takes the field ill give you respect, or your attempt at being an asshat just happened to fall into place. either way im going to wait and see. and living in nebraska means nothing btw.

okay then, would it mean something if i could tell you that in memoiral stadium section 28 row 44 seats 12-15 are located on the west side on the 30 yard line under the balcony and you can watch between two pillars that give you a view of the entire field except the south endzone, and that those tickets have been in the family for over fourty years? great.

do you want a cookie too? to be completely honest, no, that would really mean nothing, besides the fact that im sorry your seats suck because there are pillars are in the way.

Im not trying to disprove your point about think about green starting or whatever, but all of the the subfactors thats go into your posts, your name, what bo pelini has said all week, make it very hard to believe you.

1. What is a troll?

2. I live in nebraska

3. Miamihrrcns2001 is my name because thats the game that i realized what nu football is all about, its not about winning or losing, its about having the greatest and most passionate fans in college football and having the best tradition in the country.

5. every name with "huskers" "Nebraska" or "Blackshirts" in it that i could remember were already taken.

a troll is you. im sorry i cant give you the benefit of the doubt wih your hurricane story. still seems pretty fishy. come saturday if cody takes the field ill give you respect, or your attempt at being an asshat just happened to fall into place. either way im going to wait and see. and living in nebraska means nothing btw.

okay then, would it mean something if i could tell you that in memoiral stadium section 28 row 44 seats 12-15 are located on the west side on the 30 yard line under the balcony and you can watch between two pillars that give you a view of the entire field except the south endzone, and that those tickets have been in the family for over fourty years? great.

do you want a cookie too? to be completely honest, no, that would really mean nothing, besides the fact that im sorry your seats suck because there are pillars are in the way.

Im not trying to disprove your point about think about green starting or whatever, but all of the the subfactors thats go into your posts, your name, what bo pelini has said all week, make it very hard to believe you.

Ok so you don't believe the guy, just ignore it. I don't get why when someone posts a rumor everyone bashes the guy or gal for posting said rumor. Rumors this year about Lee's hand, Castille, Witt, Burkhead, etc. all turned out to be mostly true. Believe or don't believe, flaming him for it doesn't make sense.

1. What is a troll?

2. I live in nebraska

Ok so you don't believe the guy, just ignore it. I don't get why when someone posts a rumor everyone bashes the guy or gal for posting said rumor. Rumors this year about Lee's hand, Castille, Witt, Burkhead, etc. all turned out to be mostly true. Believe or don't believe, flaming him for it doesn't make sense.

go take a look at the topic page. one person starting a thread like this and skeptism goes even more crazy, thus we have even more cody green threads. no, im not saying that this one post has caused the mass explosion of pointless threads, but it will definitely fuel more. Frankly, i think this thread just over did it for me. Ive been tired of trying to find a thread that doesnt talk about the qb situation for the last week bc that all there is. SO i think that this thread just did it enough for me to comment. The fact that he seems suspicious to me doesnt help. More frustration than anything.

if you watched the entire press conference yesterday people would realize that Bo said "No Changes" BUT that was in response to his position on not naming the starting QB.

I can't believe Travis Justice didn't get that as well as some others in the media.

Bo was not referring to the QB position, just his position on not naming the starter.

if you watched the entire press conference yesterday people would realize that Bo said "No Changes" BUT that was in response to his position on not naming the starting QB.

I can't believe Travis Justice didn't get that as well as some others in the media.

Bo was not referring to the QB position, just his position on not naming the starter.

According to Zac and Cody's post practice comments,

The position is up for grabs as much as it was last week... Last week the coaches told Green he would see quite a bit of playing time if the game wasn't too close.. that didn't happen obviously. However, the game plan for this week seems to be geared towards cody's expertise more. It's anyone's guess at this point.