Cody Green to start vs. Baylor

If Pelini and Watson think Lee did pretty well against ISU, I don't see why they would make a change now, unless one week of practice has been enough for Green to suddenly impress them.

I personally think it's likely that the offensive nightmare continues. Lee stays in. The wide receiver shake-up along with a pretty mediocre opponent means we'll be able to put some points up finally, and we'll manage to beat Baylor by a couple scores. But it will still be painfully obvious that we're in for another disaster against OU.

I agree. I also don't think it's wise to put a true freshman in for his first start on the road in what figures to be a somewhat hostile environment. If the offense continues to struggle, on the road, with 25,000 fans hollering at you, what does that do for Green heading into Oklahoma?

Having said that, I won't be surprised in the least to see Green start.

That is one thing I disagree with Big Willie about - I think Watson's interest in the Zone Read, while keeping Lee at QB, is a mistake. I came into the season thinking Lee was Joey Ganz with better wheels. I have long since disabused myself of that notion.

Green is our best Zone Read threat. If we're going to commit to the ZR, Green has to be our guy, or the offense will continue to struggle.

Here are the four things im saying here:

1. cody green will start against Baylor

2.roy helu will get another 5-10 carries/touches

3.I said khiry would start before it came out CORRECT

4.Kinnie will play most of the game

5.there will be more plays of 20+ yards or at least attempts than any game since FAU

one for five so far.

5.there will be more plays of 20+ yards or at least attempts than any game since FAU

one for five so far.

Wow, those are vague, you poser. The only one that you are going out on a limb on is the cody green. Of course roy helu will get 5-10 carries, thats what hes gotten for the last 2 weeks. Kinnie played a lot of the game last week, and baylors d sucks so of course course we will have a lot of big plays.

I know this person, he is only 15. You people are looking like idiots for agreeing with this fool.

I have my doubts. Lee didn't look that bad against Iowa State, so unless Green passes him in practice I see no change. If he doesn't start, then next week we will be hearing from Bo's barber's uncle's friend that he has been saving his secret weapon for Oklahoma and it will be then that he unleashes Cody Green upon the world.

one for five so far.

Cooper started already this year, so that's not exactly a big prediction.

Everything else you're listing there is the same conjecture we've all been saying. I thought you started this thread off with your insider link to Coach Beck? Can you use that to get us more information than this?

Nah, but seriously............Cody Green WILL start Saturday.

I hope so...but I doubt it. Lee has had his shot and can NOT produce points in the RZ against worthy Defences. There have been plenty of times he could run for a 1st down and instead throws it to high or away from the receiver. We had plenty of chances to win the ISU game with 7 turnovers at the time. Before the 8th and final turnover. When does that happen? I miss having a duel threat @ QB and I think Green could be it.

one for five so far.

Everything else you're listing there is the same conjecture we've all been saying. I thought you started this thread off with your insider link to Coach Beck? Can you use that to get us more information than this?

okay how about this?

the opening set on offense will feature green and robinson in the backfield, shotgun, tray on green's right. Kinnie and Khiry will be on the right of the formation mcneil on the line at the left and paul split left.

it will be a draw play to tray.

ok?

how about we not overuse the source?

Crow eating countdown ..

Less than 3 days

Didnt see your post.. :yeah

Refers to OP, I think.

Refers to 99% of the people in this thread who are piling on.

OK, VERY interesting.

As someone who has been critical of Green's readiness since day 1, any comments?

one for five so far.

okay how about this?

the opening set on offense will feature green and robinson in the backfield, shotgun, tray on green's right. Kinnie and Khiry will be on the right of the formation mcneil on the line at the left and paul split left.

ok?

If only I was the Baylor D-Coordinator......................................................................

ok?

And this alignment will happen no matter which hashmark we're on? No matter what alignment the defense chooses?

Are you claiming Beck texted this to his nephew? What is this source?

one for five so far.

okay how about this?

ok?

Sounds great, hopefully it's not a fumble on the opening play like last week. :clapdedhoarse

ok?

And this alignment will happen no matter which hashmark we're on? No matter what alignment the defense chooses?

Are you claiming Beck texted this to his nephew? What is this source?

If true it shouldn't surprise you, NU scripts the first 10-15 plays of the game. Have for awhile now. This young man has my interest peaked, at least it is entertaining to read his threads/posts. Will be hilarious if he is right.