Cody Green to start vs. Baylor

if you watched the entire press conference yesterday people would realize that Bo said "No Changes" BUT that was in response to his position on not naming the starting QB.

I can't believe Travis Justice didn't get that as well as some others in the media.

Bo was not referring to the QB position, just his position on not naming the starter.

According to Zac and Cody's post practice comments,

The position is up for grabs as much as it was last week... Last week the coaches told Green he would see quite a bit of playing time if the game wasn't too close.. that didn't happen obviously. However, the game plan for this week seems to be geared towards cody's expertise more. It's anyone's guess at this point.

Isnt watsons gameplan always bubble screens and such to codys expertise more? :dumdum

I've also been hearing that Pelini is really not happy with Watson because he's not taking more shots down the field.

He said that Watson is using the wrong receivers on the deep routs and he using the speed guys for the short routes so that all the possession receivers are left in double coverage down field. He thinks it should be the other way around but that Watson agreed to switch it up this week.

That's why Khiry is starting and Kinnie will get a ton of playing time.

Also they want to get McNeil so more looks over the middle as opposed to running him on short out routes.

Look, we've heard this before. I'm not doubting Miami's sources. I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches told Cody he had a chance to start. Last week, they basically promised him playing time, and he got NADA.

Adrian Fiala was convinced Green would start on Saturday. He has some pretty good sources. Obviously they were wrong.

I think it's bullcrap that the coaches told CG to be ready to play and then left him on the sidelines. Coaches do that kind of crap all the time. But that doesn't make it right. I think it's crap that they burned his redshirt, and now can't get him ready to play. I think it's crap that they brought him in to run a read-option spread, and this offense sucks.

BUT:

The starter will be the starter. I hope he preforms well enough for the team to win, whether it be Lee or Green.

actually, I believe Miami's sources on this.

put on your psychology hat for a second.

who would leak information? we all know the types of people that talk. they are usually great communicators.

Beck is a great recruiter and communicator, so this adds up to me.

Conversely, Bo is not a great communicator/recruiter.

I'm not bagging on Bo here, just saying there is a whole host of personalities on the staff, and from my viewpoint what miami dude is saying does add up from that psychology aspect of it.

His post just above about receivers is quite intelligent as well.

We won't know until Saturday, but I do like what I am hearing.

I don't think it's about entertainment.

What us fans do here on these boards really amounts to trying to help fix the problems.

People are passionate about their Huskers and want to see them perform at a high level.

I'd just as soon sit back and read threads on all our success.

Heck, I'd never have to post anything.

If you haven't seen the Big Red Wrap up show with Jason Peter, I highly recommend it.

The Wayne State Rugby piece, now that's entertainment!

who would leak information? we all know the types of people that talk. they are usually great communicators.

Beck is a great recruiter and communicator, so this adds up to me.

Conversely, Bo is not a great communicator/recruiter.

Seriously, weakest argument I've ever heard. You are really grasping there.

I'm more hoping for a shakeup in the receivers at this point. While I still continue to think that Lee is one of the poorest qb's in the league short of Colorado, he has had help looking that way. I remember Barry Switzer once stated that he would rather have younger players with speed and talent overcoming mistakes than slower less talented players not being able to overcome their mistakes. Take it for what it's worth. I still don't think it's decided yet who will start until after the final practice . Welcome aboard Miami dude!