Why is everyone so negative?

Nebraska's offense scored 13 pts against baylor.

ONE touchdown.

The game easily could have been 13-10, or 13-13 had baylor made that FG.

OU put up 33 against Baylor, and only let them score 7.

I'd say that means their offense is better than Nebraska's, and their Defense is better than Nebraska's.

OU > NU

Actually, it would be incorrect to say OU is better than NU in both offense and defense because the Blackshirts allowed only 3 pts and even had Baylor made the second field goal it would have only allowed 6 pts. 3 < 7 and 6 < 7, so the Blackshirts > OU.

Offensively, OU > NU

Overall, I'd say OU => NU is more fitting. ;)

Outside of the maths, I'm hoping for a win and think it's possible, just less probable than a loss. I think either way it's close though and I'm looking forward to Saturday night.

Yes, our D is good, but it's not great. They don't make plays when they need to be made. That's my biggest criticism about this defense and what is keeping them from being great. They did so against Missou, but did not against TT and Iowa State.

They need to step it up another notch, because our offense is going to get smoked. If we get at least three turnovers, with one of them being returned for six, we have a chance to win.

And you can't compare the o-line from when they played BYU to the o-line now. They have alot more games under their belt now, and seem to be doing better.

Our o-line, on the other hand, seems to have progressively gotten worse as the season has gone on, we are super thin at RB, and our WR can't catch. It may be one long game.

Why is it other programs (OU, Oregon) are getting better while NU isn't?

I am thinking it comes down to recruiting, but I am not above saying that it could be coaching, too. I am not at practice to see what they do compared to other programs. I would think Bo is doing the right things, what I am seeing, especially with the O-Line, is they are just getting man handled by opposing defenses. Then there are the mental mistakes and the penalties. That comes down to discipline, or lack of.

nothing wrong with keeping the faith and believing you have a chance, but you can't get upset when other look at it differently.

Some of you are saying, "its our team! Things could happen! We could win this game if things go well!"

others are saying, "our offense is less than steller, and OU's D is just as good as ours. And if we are equal in D, and thay have a better O. We will probably lose"

Crazy things have happened this year, but i tend to side with that second group.

I know there is some hope that without Bradford things will be different. But just looking at the conference games, OU has the 3rd best offence in the league, NU is 11th. OU has faced the #2, 8, 9 & 12 rated Defences. NU has faced the 3, 6, 10 & 12 rated D's. Those average out to both equal 7.75 avg. However OU is scoring nearly twice as many pts on average and gaining 128 more yrds of O a game. Clearly a big advantage.

The D's are basically equal in scoring and NE has an edge of about 70 yrds a game over total D. OU has played Texas, Kansas, KSU and Baylor. Nebraska has played MU, ISU, TT and Baylor. Oklahoma has faced the #2, 4, 7 & 9 best scoring offences. NU has faced the #1, 6, 9 & 10 best scoring O's. Which is pretty much equal. Ou's average is 5.5, NU's is 6.5. So OU has faced better, but only marginally. I believe the D's are a wash.

I basically believe that NU's D will cause some problems for OU. But I have much more faith in OU's ability to score points than I do NU's. Unless there are some really good breaks for NU, I dont seem them staying within 14, and if OU gets some good breaks, it could get ugly.

I can see the realistic side if you look at everything on paper, but good grief, why not have faith that there may be an upset? I know the last 3 weeks on offense have been horrid, but everyone is talking about this "spark". I would be hard pressed that these players are more than looking forward to OU coming to town, if not then I would be seriously worried about Bo and the entire program right now.

I think OU crushes us.

1. They play great D and a running QB that doesn't throw that well, combined with a limited play book because he is young, couple with our top 2 now maybe top RB being hurt, equals us having to throw which leads to a few turnovers

2. Their offense isn't what it was with Bradford but it is the best offense we will have seen, still. Our Defense is good but they will be on the field a ton which doesn't help in any way, not to mention our best cover corner (Dennard) is injured although he may play.

3. KSU put up some points on them but some came courtesy of special teams. We will need some special teams points but the chances are slim because there hasn't been one thing in our return game this year that leads me to believe that we can take one to the house.

I believe our best chance (and it is slim) is with Lee as the QB and with Watson miraculously deciding to involve the TE in the passing game and scrapping any form of the zone read.

I only think Lee gives us the best chance because he has proven to minimize major mistakes and he is the better passer. we are all kidding ourselves if we think that OU and their Defense is scared at all of our Frosh QB and his legs. They aren't and in fact they are hoping that he tries to run.

Miami and BYU, more so Miami as well as TX beat them by throwing the ball. The weakness on OU defense is their back 7 more so their back 4 and to take advantage of that you need to throw the ball to win. Cody Green taking off scrambling isn't going to get it done. Add to that his limited knowledge of the passing game playbook and it all adds up to

A VERY LONG NIGHT

I don't know why the majority of huskers fans are writing this game off as an automatic loss. The game is in Lincoln, Bradford is not playing, and we have an outstanding defense. I know our offense has struggled mightily this year but who knows with a few breaks we could easily score enough points to win this game. I know it will be an uphill battle to beat Oklahoma but come on guys have a little faith dang.

Saying "our offense has struggled" is putting it kindly. More like "we have no offense" or "our offense does not exist", that would be a more appropriate way to describe what is occurring.

I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell at beating OU; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we were held scoreless.

I'm expecting something like 24 - 3 or 28 - 0. :bang

45-3 OU. After our offense gratiously walks off the field every 3rd play for an entire half, our defense will be puddy by the time the 3rd qtr rolls around at which point we will be powerless. This game will get ugly and I fear Green could get his confidence destroyed. Such high hopes for this season are now gone, i just want to get to a bowl game for the extra practice. We are currently playing for the future.

Not trying to be negative, just telling it how I see it. I mean, we only scored 20 against Baylor and seven of those points came from a special teams play! Sorry, but OU's D is going to eat Nebraska's offense for lunch.

How many interceptions will they have on our little horizontal screen plays we always run? I'm putting the over/under at two.

You're all worried about OU? Why? I'm more worried about KState at this juncture. They put up 30 points against OU. If they put up that many against us, mark KState as a loss also. Baylor as bad as they are put up more yards against our D than our O put up against their inept D. After the past 3 weeks, I've come to the conclusion that we're in for a dogfight in Boulder to become bowl eligible.

You're all worried about OU? Why? I'm more worried about KState at this juncture. They put up 30 points against OU. If they put up that many against us, mark KState as a loss also. Baylor as bad as they are put up more yards against our D than our O put up against their inept D. After the past 3 weeks, I've come to the conclusion that we're in for a dogfight in Boulder to become bowl eligible.

I'm worried about all of our remaining games. We have no offense!