Big 12 North

rcruter

I looked at some senarios this weekend and my friend and I (we are clearly dorks) figured a way for KSU to win the north with a 4-4 record and still not be bowl eligible. Because 2 or thier 6 wins would be against 1-AA opponents. How freakin crazy is that. The North winner could possibly not even be bowl eligible.

I can easily see tie breakers being reviewed going into the final week of the season. Crazy north...

Really? Wow wouldnt that be sad AND hilarious at the same time!!!

:cheers

oh... and I wont argue about the dorks thing :)

Forgot the Baylor game Fro... so really 4-4 is probably the worse they can do, with 5-3 the best.

I agree that right now, it is hard to believe we will go 3-1 to finish the season. Gotta figure one of the Kansas teams will trip us up, even Colorado will likely be looking at the final game as their 'bowl game' and will be looking for blood.

But I'm also gonna buck the trend of the board lately and drink the preverbial kool-aid and assume we get our stuff together for the last third of the season. I think we have to stick with Green now and he will growup at the hands of the Sooner defense on Saturday. Yes he is still a true freshman, but he is a pretty good athlete that can develop into the leader we need on offense.

And it doesnt hurt to have 5 big 12 games under his belt going into next year. Big difference between coming into big 12 play next year as a first year starter with 4 games experiance against bad teams and being a 1 1/2 year starter and having almost 1 season worth of games as experiance and half of those games being conference and a bowl game.

I looked at some senarios this weekend and my friend and I (we are clearly dorks) figured a way for KSU to win the north with a 4-4 record and still not be bowl eligible. Because 2 or thier 6 wins would be against 1-AA opponents. How freakin crazy is that. The North winner could possibly not even be bowl eligible.

I can easily see tie breakers being reviewed going into the final week of the season. Crazy north...

coming from a guy with a pro wrestling pic on his sig line. ;)

Takes one to know one :lol:

Even better would be for KSU to beat Texas. Then Cincinnati and BSU could both play in the Fiesta Bowl.

Does Nebraska even want to do to the Big 12 ship? Yes, i think it would help with the recruiting in the DFW area but what if we get taken to the woodshed? (it is a WHAT IF statement- do NOT call me a naysayer) I guess we will find out after OU weekend.

I would love to see our d-line against their young o-line (texas- that is).

As I was sitting here this afternoon watching ESPN, I got to wondering what is going to happen to the big12 north for the rest of the year since everyone is Mathematically still in the big12 north race. I looked at the remaining schedules and here is what they look like, and my prediction out to the side.

Kansas State

- vs Kansas (W)

- vs Missouri (L)

- @ Nebraska (L)

Finish 6-6 (4-4)

Nebraska

- vs Oklahoma (L)

- @ Kansas (W)

- vs Kansas St (W)

- @ Colorado (W)

Finish 8-4 (5-3)

Iowa State

- vs Oklahoma St (L)

- vs Colorado (W)

- @ Missouri (L)

Finish 6-6 (3-5)

Kansas

- @ Kansas St (L)

- vs Nebraska (L)

- @ Texas (L)

- vs Missouri (L)

Finish 5-7 (1-7)

Missouri

- vs Baylor (W)

- @ Kansas St (W)

- vs Iowa St (W)

- vs Kansas (W)

Finish 9-3 (5-3)

Colorado

- vs Texas A&M (L)

- @ Iowa St (L)

- @ Oklahoma St (L)

- vs Nebraska (L)

Finish 2-10 (1-7)

Final Big12 Standings

1. Nebraska 8-4 (5-3)

2. Missouri 9-3 (5-3)

3. Kansas St 6-6 (4-4)

4. Iowa St 6-6 (3-5)

5. Colorado 2-10 (1-7)

6. Kansas 5-7 (1-7)

Now I know that this probably is not going to happen, because you could come up with another entirely different scenario and that would have the same chance as happening because of how crazy its been this season. Even as good as Kansas State has been playing lately, I still have a hard time believing that they would beat Nebraska, but It is absolutely vital for Nebraska to Finish 3-1 or better because Missouri has the easiest schedule the rest of the way, and they seem to be playing better, although it was Colorado. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. Hopefully we can get to the Alamo Bowl, I think that would be the goal right now. :dunno

Snyder has already made Bo look foolish once. No reason to think it won't/can't happen again. KState is actually one of the few teams in the North that is actually getting better. I'm not sure KU or Nebraska for that matter can say they are better now than when the season began. At this juncture, I think we can only rule out one maybe two teams from having a good shot at the North in Iowa State and CU.

The north comes down to three teams pretty easily. Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas State. Kansas will loose to Texas, leaving them with four losses in conference with just that one loss out of the remaining four leaving them out. Iowa State will eaither loose to Missouri or OK State leaving them with four or five losses. And then leaving Colorado, but we wont even bring up a scenario for them.. ha

Kansas State has a weird schedule remaining with games that are all within reach. No one really knows how they will end up. They go from beating a Mass. team by 4, then loosing to ULL by 2, and then crushing a Texas A&M who killed Iowa State this week. Hmmm.. two of the three games are at home, but with Missouri running the same kind of offense as Texas Tech, i dont see any reason to think they will win that one. That leaves them at a 4-3 mark going into the game with NU.

Missouri is then left to think that they will win out pretty easily with Baylor, ISU, KSU, and KU left after getting the first three games out of the way. But if them and Nebraska end up at 5-3, doesnt that give the nod to NU?

It all comes down to Nebraska needing to turn the season around. They did it last year in there final three games, and hopefully they can add one more to that and make it four with OU, but we will have to see. We can never seem to win the big ones..

In the end the edge seems to go to Mizzou, then a toss up with whoever wins the KSU/NU match for the second best chance in my eyes.