Big 12 North

rcruter

I honestly think at this point KSU will win the North and (obv) Nebraska will not beat Kstate.

BS on that. i think nebraska will absolutely roll k-state. they lost to lousiana-some french name for god- sakes. they are terrible and snyder is too old.

dude, have you been watching the games lately? They put up a heckuva fight against ou. Unless there is a huge change of momentum, when we play ksu its a toss-up. Sure, you can bring up the LLU thing, but we lost to ISU, and they won. We got dominated by tech. State beat up on aTm and aTm owned the red raiders. You can say what you want, but snyder has exceeded expectations by a ton this year.

I honestly think at this point KSU will win the North and (obv) Nebraska will not beat Kstate.

BS on that. i think nebraska will absolutely roll k-state. they lost to lousiana-some french name for god- sakes. they are terrible and snyder is too old.

dude, have you been watching the games lately? They put up a heckuva fight against ou. Unless there is a huge change of momentum, when we play ksu its a toss-up. Sure, you can bring up the LLU thing, but we lost to ISU, and they won. We got dominated by tech. State beat up on aTm and aTm owned the red raiders. You can say what you want, but snyder has exceeded expectations by a ton this year.

yes, i have been watching the games. i will bring up the LLU thing because we beat them 55-0 and K-state lost to them. also, k-state beat isu by one point with a block of an extra point. i know turnovers are part of the game, but i think you have to admit that we lost to isu because of some crazy turnovers (niles paul running free comes to mind) that would never happen again. yes, we were dominated by tech, but tech dominated k-state more (66-14 if my memory serves me). k-state sucks and we will absolutely roll them. book it! btw, my name's not dude.

If Snyder takes KSU to the North title, they would be right to name the entire school after him. Snyder State University.

The entire state. I can see Congress yielding the floor to the esteemed Senator from the Great State of Snyder.

Okay, so sometimes I'm the only one who laughs at my jokes.

:laughpound

Are ya happy now? :)

As to the whole lalafay thing...they played ksu first and won then they went on the road to LSU then got us last. They looked like a team that had nothing to give. I will agree with the OP that it is imperative for us to win 3 of the last 4. Missouri still looks in good shape.

selective memory..........they also lost to tech 66-22 or something like that.

I'm thinking the game with OU is the most important right now. A win here could get this ball rolling again. Close game with V Tech who rolls over Miami who beats OU... Comparisons mean nothing but who picked the Ducks to put up 613 yards on USC last week. The Clones over NU, the Buffs over the Squawks, A & M to hammer Tech? Some day the Huskers are going to break out of their funk. It just as well be this weekend!! :restore

One thing for sure. Nobody from the north is showing up on the board and beating their chest any longer. Now we are all birds of a feather. The only advantage NU has is it's head to head win over Mizzou and the fact that they have K State at home (as if that helped against the Clones). With 2 games left in Lincoln vs the Sooners and K State could it be they lose 4 home games this year? That scenario just might put someone on next year's hot seat!

Snyder has already made Bo look foolish once. No reason to think it won't/can't happen again. KState is actually one of the few teams in the North that is actually getting better. I'm not sure KU or Nebraska for that matter can say they are better now than when the season began. At this juncture, I think we can only rule out one maybe two teams from having a good shot at the North in Iowa State and CU.

Kansas State is the hottest team in the Big 12 North.

Which is kind of like saying Amy Winehouse is the hottest woman in drug rehab.

Snyder has already made Bo look foolish once. No reason to think it won't/can't happen again. KState is actually one of the few teams in the North that is actually getting better. I'm not sure KU or Nebraska for that matter can say they are better now than when the season began. At this juncture, I think we can only rule out one maybe two teams from having a good shot at the North in Iowa State and CU.

Kansas State is the hottest team in the Big 12 North.

Which is kind of like saying Amy Winehouse is the hottest woman in drug rehab.

Classic :clap:rollin

We're one less freaking fumble against ISU away from being a very strong favorite in this. Now? Hard to say. We'll need a winning-streak, we'll have a much better idea a week from now.

I'd bet that only one north team manages a winning conference record, no more than two do it.

KU will be 0-3 versus the south and already lost to CU, at best they finish 4-4. If they lose to us, Mizzou, or KSU it's over. They need the north to totally fall apart and win the tie-breaker, more likely they just play spoiler.

We own the tie-breaker on Mizzou but the rest of their sched is winnable, they could run the board. The battle at Arrowhead is key, KU usually plays Mizzou very tough.

KSU has played more conference games and is in the lead right now. We may well play them for the north title on the 21st but they have to get by Mizzou and KU first. After back-to-back wins against ATM and CU then taking it to OU in the second-half their confidence has to be rising.

ISU has to win-out, which just isn't happening with Okie Lite on their sched. If they had been able to win the heartbreaker against KSU or KU they'd have been in decent shape.

CU only has one conference win, just can't see them in the race, maybe get to play spoiler.

I'm hoping that we only lose to OU. However selling KSU short is foolish and comparitive scores is a losers game. The simple truth is that as a team they are beginning to believe in themselves and getting some things done on the field. Their QB is better than the Coffman kid that started the first games.

Our team is not in the same spot. They have to be down. The defense is surely frustrated and waiting for another offensive letdown. The offense besides not being very good will be more tentative because of all the mistakes they are making. Not the recipe you want for the stretch drive along with a QB controversy.

I don't know that it will be KSU that beats us but I do think we most likely lose at least two of our remaining games, and if the wheels that are wobbling badly now do come off, three of the 4. I think KU is in about the same shape, a team very much in disaray and could lose all of theirs, but may beat us in Lawrence and they have a history of beating Missouri even in down years. CU, may have one win left in them--it's like a Russian Roulette game as to when they use that win. MU, has the easiest schedule and if they beat KSU will quite likely end up getting killed in the Big 12 title game again. A sorry lot indeed. Unfortunately we are listing worse than many of the others right now and I don't see the coaching staff getting the ship righted before we lose some more games.

I think the ball is still in NE court due to the tie-breaker. I just am not sold on KSU. I would not be surprised if they do take it, but they just seem to be a team of emotion. If they lose to KU this weekend I believe they start to crack. Hwever if they win....well who really knows. It will be much more clear after Saturday. If KSU has a two game lead with 3 to go for everyone else (2 left for KSU) then that may be too much to make up.

I am not sold on MU winning out. There is just too much inconsistancy with this years team. I cant help but feel they will drop 1 more on the way. That would mean that Ne would have to go 1-3 for MU to win outright. that probably will not happen. So unless things break in MU's favor, both NE and KSU lossing atleast 2 more each and MU winning out, its a race between NE and KSU.

Although it would be nice to win the North again. Part of me thinks a tie breaker wouldnt be too bad. That way we still are co-north champs and somebody else has to take the curb stoomping that Texas will dish out on their way to the NC game. ;)