Trick Plays

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet. I am to lazy to read the whole thing and need to get to class...Anyways I would like to see our offense be able to execute the normal playbook before they go trying anything tricky. We ran trick plays last year because Watson had reliable personnel to run them.

Here's a good one:

(it sounded SO GOOD in the team meeting....)

This one's a sweet trick play too...

Well. that should have been a dead ball for kicking (intent does not matter), but then a call like that would have deprived Matt of his entire post football career, as it seems that play comprises the totality of his knowledge.

Here's a good one:

Well. that should have been a dead ball for kicking (intent does not matter), but then a call like that would have deprived Matt of his entire post football career, as it seems that play comprises the totality of his knowledge.

Man, get over it already. It was 12 years ago. It wasn't like the play occured on 5th down or something.

Here's a good one:

Yes, intent does matter:

"ARTICLE 1. a. Kicking the ball is intentionally striking the ball with the

knee, lower leg or foot.

d. When in question, a ball is accidentally touched rather than kicked."

Therefore, any ball that deflects off a players knee, lower leg or foot during the course of a pass is not defined as a kick under NCAA rules, and is not subject to a penalty.

If you're referring to the pick 6, another poster mentioned that CG changed the play at the line of scrimmage on that play, then stared down his receiver.

So if you want to blame that one on Watson, go for it...

I'm a big fan of execution, then trick plays. We're still trying to establish ANYTHING on offense...not the type of game week where we throw in the wrinkles, IMO.