Trick Plays

1YnnnnyMjCw

Pretty cool play, but would have to be executed perfectly!

That's hilarious, but I think it would only work with high schoolers or less. Some smart college player would have hurt that QB as soon as he got the ball.

I think you overestimate just how smart some football teams are. If you confuse a team enough to the point of where they have never seen something before, you can really throw them off.

You see it all the time with regular football plays. Back in 1995, Nebraska had a set they called the Full House set where they had a running back, wing back, and full back in the backfield and two tight ends. Against Colorado that year on the first play from scrimmage for Nebraska, T.O. replaced those two tight ends with two wide receivers split out. Nebraska ran an option and took the ball 50+ yards for a touchdown.

You can do anything if you throw off the defense enough.

Watson I haven't called for your job or really complained to much, but PLEASE show some creativity to this vanilla offense! Say what you want about Billy Callahan he designed some good trick plays and typically knew when to use them.

I'm not saying we need some gimmicky game plan for the whole game, but hopefully Watson can dial up some of those trick plays that were huge for us the last couple of years...

A few that come to mind...

-Texas 2006 Lucky throwing to Swift TD

- Mizzou 2006- Purify throwing to Nunn TD

- Kansas 2008- Lucky to McNeil TD

etc...

I really hope Watson opens things up in this game because really we don't have much to lose in this game, but neither does OU... However I think the D will keep it close so we are gonna need big plays somewhere and hopefully they are practicing a few tricks they can resort to.

The Huskers don't need no stinkin' trick plays. They need to care of business and kick the Sooners butts all up and down the field Saturday night. The Huskers need to show them Okies who the boss is here in Lincoln town and that freakin' boss is us!!! If the Huskers play with that attitude they will have the Sooners wish they never came to town!!!!!!! :box:box:box

1YnnnnyMjCw

Pretty cool play, but would have to be executed perfectly!

That's hilarious, but I think it would only work with high schoolers or less. Some smart college player would have hurt that QB as soon as he got the ball.

considering how fast a lot of college football players are you're probably right.

:lol: that reminds me of a play in B-Ball where the ball is being taken out under the basket and one of our guys would yell out "wait, wait, i am supposed to take it out" and while he gets close to the basket the ball would be thrown in for an easy lay up. It only worked once, against the worst team in the conference :)

I don't see why not. i don't see why everyone says "are you nuts!?" What is going to happen, lose yardage and have to punt, or turn the ball over? Thats whats happening the whole game anyway. The one thing that really gets me is the offensive conservatism. You gotta be agressive, and having a good defense should make you MORE aggressive, not less.