How we can beat OU

I have run out of optimism. This team hasnt given me any reason to have any. Its the exact same team as 07 only this time its the offense that is dreadful. Everyone should have a plan B for when this game gets out of hand. I plan on watching ALF re-runs when half time comes. Whats everyone elses plan B?

F THAT SH IT!!

It is nowhere near as bad as '07 at this point. I would trade defense for offense for the side that is performing at a high level. At least this D can keep us in the game and possibly score points.

Why is everyone giving up? This is the same gloom and doom that we had last year at 4-3 and 5-3 and we finished with 9 wins and a Gator Bowl.

We are still in this race, especially with the North the way it is. Come on Husker fans, question things, wonder what ifs if you want, but don't give up.

I don't know about you, but I was raised in Nebraska. Along with at least 6 generations of both sides of my family. Nebraskans don't give up. It just isn't the way we operate. We give everything we have and if it isn't good enough we go back to work, fix it, and get better no matter what the challenge is. We congratulate the best and work our ass off to get to be the best. Doing it right won't happen overnight, but if you work at it you develop a habit out of it and sustain it. That is culture, that is what they talk about it. That is the Nebraska way of doing things. This is what we were missing. It took 4 years to destroy the Nebraska way, it may take that long, or longer, to put that system back in place.

I believed we would win every game, but I also understand it isn't the end of the program if we don't. Bo is going to need more than 1 1/2 years to turn this thing around.

Wear Red, Be Loud, Beat Oklahoma.

GO BIG RED!!

We may not be as bad as 07 yet, but we are dancing the line. After 8 games in 07 we were 4-4, after 8 games in 09 we are 5-3 and had Griffin played for Baylor we would have lost. That is a one game difference. I agree that having a defense will keep us in most games, however a defense cannot sustain that type of performance without any help, just like the offense of 07. Sure they scored a bunch but didnt have any help from the opposite side. This year is the polar opposite, the defense is playing great, but they have no help from the offense. There is nothing on the offensive side of the ball that we do well, just like in 07 when the defense did absolutely nothing well. The similarities between the 07 and 09 teams are glaring right now.

Yes, but we have only been beat bad ONCE and the other two were a play away from a win each.

The 2 things I see that will help us to a W are=

1) their O-line is not super strong - our front 4 could be a can opener to their O

2) Kansas St. showed a weakness in OUs D throw them off on 3rd down conversions Cody (if he starts) is able to break out and run for that extra little bit when they expect pass.

If Cody starts, I'm guessing OU's D will be expecting a run. In order to throw them off, it would take Lee on a 3rd down conversion to run to throw them off.

That's the thing though Cody does have an arm. If we establish a passing game we will be able to throw them off. b/c the kid can do both.

I have run out of optimism. This team hasnt given me any reason to have any. Its the exact same team as 07 only this time its the offense that is dreadful. Everyone should have a plan B for when this game gets out of hand. I plan on watching ALF re-runs when half time comes. Whats everyone elses plan B?

So what you are saying is that the offense in 07' was on the same level that this years defense is on, which is pretty far off... and the difference in these two teams is that a great defense gives you a chance no matter what (ia st) while a bad defense (07) gives you almost no chance no matter what... the offense that year wasn't very good until ganz started playing anyway.

. I got 2 suggestions for you, read my entire post before making anymore retarted statements making you look like your statements and 2 PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN!!! GO BIG RED!!

when ya throw down on someone

...before you call someone else's statement retarded :dumdum

... you should probably spell it right!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin