How we can beat OU

I'm gonna say this if we have an Offense that shows up to play and we can score, we will win. Remember people OU's Offense isn't anywhere near as potent as Texas Techs Offense nor are they anywhere near what they were last year. The only reason Tech beat us the way they did was because of no Offense on our part. You can't keep going 3 and out and keeping the Defense on the field and not expect those types of results. You go back and you look, in every one of our losses we had completely outyarded our opponents. I will go on record saying this, we get our act together Offensively there isn't team that we can't beat in this conference and if we beat OU on Saturday I believe we will run the table on the rest of our regular season schedule. Now getting back to what I was saying, we can move the ball on Oklahoma's Defense and score if we can execute and eliminate the BS mental mistakes. It's up to the Offense. 3 times this year OU has given up 350+ Yards of Total Offense, last was Kansas State at 364 yards Total Offense while we on the other hand haven't had any team this year put up a 300 yard game against us. Furthermore I stick to my guns when I say OU's Offense isn't good enough to successfully or consistantly move the ball or score on the Blackshirts. Our Offense gives us a 10 point lead, we will win. The Blackshirts will shut that OU Offense down all day long. Kansas St scored 30 points against OU, their problem was they have no Defense. We Do.....My gut is telling me the Offense will show up Saturday, but not without a few mistakes.....GO BIG RED!!!

Might as well start out, if we play our game and the New England Patriots and Tom Brady have a bad night we .......

If all this is the case, where is the one game against decent competition that would warrant the optimism? Our defense is just "okay" when coupled with this offense. It is not overpowering against a decent offense. The 3 and outs take their toll and we'll unfortunately likely find out that OU's offense in a down year without their two best players is a whole lot better than Baylor. A Baylor team with their star QB would have likely beaten us Saturday and I don't think Baylor hitting on all cylinders is as good as OU without Bradford and Pettigrew. I really dislike OU and Stoops, perhaps more than any team we play, but they are lights out better than BAylor and the best D we will play. How's that help this offense? The line is not as great as I would think it should be so perhaps more optimism is warranted. I'm pretty much out glass half full notions for this one mainly because I don't think we would come close to beating any of the 3 teams OU has lost to. The rest of the teams in the North that we still have left to play, I can make your case much easier and consider them toss ups and slightly favor us at CU.

Might as well start out, if we play our game and the New England Patriots and Tom Brady have a bad night we .......

If all this is the case, where is the one game against decent competition that would warrant the optimism? Our defense is just "okay" when coupled with this offense. It is not overpowering against a decent offense. The 3 and outs take their toll and we'll unfortunately likely find out that OU's offense in a down year without their two best players is a whole lot better than Baylor. A Baylor team with their star QB would have likely beaten us Saturday and I don't think Baylor hitting on all cylinders is as good as OU without Bradford and Pettigrew. I really dislike OU and Stoops, perhaps more than any team we play, but they are lights out better than BAylor and the best D we will play. How's that help this offense? The line is not as great as I would think it should be so perhaps more optimism is warranted. I'm pretty much out glass half full notions for this one mainly because I don't think we would come close to beating any of the 3 teams OU has lost to. The rest of the teams in the North that we still have left to play, I can make your case much easier and consider them toss ups and slightly favor us at CU.

Tell that to a Texas Team that is ranked #4 in the Nation in Total Offense. A team we held to only 254 yards of total Offense 185 yards less than what the dreaded Texas Defense held them to and yes I'm being a smartass when I say that. For you to sit there and say The Blackshirts are just ok on Defense. I got 2 suggestions for you, read my entire post before making anymore retarded statements making you look like your statements and 2 PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN!!! GO BIG RED!!

I have run out of optimism. This team hasnt given me any reason to have any. Its the exact same team as 07 only this time its the offense that is dreadful. Everyone should have a plan B for when this game gets out of hand. I plan on watching ALF re-runs when half time comes. Whats everyone elses plan B?

I have run out of optimism. This team hasnt given me any reason to have any. Its the exact same team as 07 only this time its the offense that is dreadful. Everyone should have a plan B for when this game gets out of hand. I plan on watching ALF re-runs when half time comes. Whats everyone elses plan B?

F THAT SH IT!!

It is nowhere near as bad as '07 at this point. I would trade defense for offense for the side that is performing at a high level. At least this D can keep us in the game and possibly score points.

Why is everyone giving up? This is the same gloom and doom that we had last year at 4-3 and 5-3 and we finished with 9 wins and a Gator Bowl.

We are still in this race, especially with the North the way it is. Come on Husker fans, question things, wonder what ifs if you want, but don't give up.

I don't know about you, but I was raised in Nebraska. Along with at least 6 generations of both sides of my family. Nebraskans don't give up. It just isn't the way we operate. We give everything we have and if it isn't good enough we go back to work, fix it, and get better no matter what the challenge is. We congratulate the best and work our ass off to get to be the best. Doing it right won't happen overnight, but if you work at it you develop a habit out of it and sustain it. That is culture, that is what they talk about it. That is the Nebraska way of doing things. This is what we were missing. It took 4 years to destroy the Nebraska way, it may take that long, or longer, to put that system back in place.

I believed we would win every game, but I also understand it isn't the end of the program if we don't. Bo is going to need more than 1 1/2 years to turn this thing around.

Wear Red, Be Loud, Beat Oklahoma.

GO BIG RED!!

F THAT SH IT!!

It is nowhere near as bad as '07 at this point. I would trade defense for offense for the side that is performing at a high level. At least this D can keep us in the game and possibly score points.

Why is everyone giving up? This is the same gloom and doom that we had last year at 4-3 and 5-3 and we finished with 9 wins and a Gator Bowl.

We are still in this race, especially with the North the way it is. Come on Husker fans, question things, wonder what ifs if you want, but don't give up.

I don't know about you, but I was raised in Nebraska. Along with at least 6 generations of both sides of my family. Nebraskans don't give up. It just isn't the way we operate. We give everything we have and if it isn't good enough we go back to work, fix it, and get better no matter what the challenge is. We congratulate the best and work our ass off to get to be the best. Doing it right won't happen overnight, but if you work at it you develop a habit out of it and sustain it. That is culture, that is what they talk about it. That is the Nebraska way of doing things. This is what we were missing. It took 4 years to destroy the Nebraska way, it may take that long, or longer, to put that system back in place.

I believed we would win every game, but I also understand it isn't the end of the program if we don't. Bo is going to need more than 1 1/2 years to turn this thing around.

GO BIG RED!!

:yeah

F THAT SH IT!!

GO BIG RED!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.........Born and raised this great state. I bleed RED for a reason. :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

F THAT SH IT!!

GO BIG RED!!

We may not be as bad as 07 yet, but we are dancing the line. After 8 games in 07 we were 4-4, after 8 games in 09 we are 5-3 and had Griffin played for Baylor we would have lost. That is a one game difference. I agree that having a defense will keep us in most games, however a defense cannot sustain that type of performance without any help, just like the offense of 07. Sure they scored a bunch but didnt have any help from the opposite side. This year is the polar opposite, the defense is playing great, but they have no help from the offense. There is nothing on the offensive side of the ball that we do well, just like in 07 when the defense did absolutely nothing well. The similarities between the 07 and 09 teams are glaring right now.