Starting QB this week

But all of those things you mentioned: RBs not finding holes, O-line not being a real O-line, WRs not getting open, apply to Lee too.

But Lee "fails" while 85% of the blame falls on someone else for Green?

I don't know. I guess I hope Green starts because that means he's showing something; if we flip flop back to Lee, something real bad is going on.

This has been the problem the whole time... I even pointed it out to someone at a game, and i get harrassed because i have no idea what i'm talking about and i'm obviously either related to Zac or giving him head during class because i say that he's not 100% to blame... but yet green overthrows Khiry or throws a pick right to a Tech guy, and he's not getting the right protection. Can't have it both ways...

But like you said, now that we've gone with Green... we may as well stay with him, get him the experience, and win the games we can. If we are no worse off with him than Zac, stick with the kid, and let him learn. Hopefully he ends up actually learning and not forced into failure. If he's half what he's talked up to be by people around here, we'll be champs in 2 years.

But all of those things you mentioned: RBs not finding holes, O-line not being a real O-line, WRs not getting open, apply to Lee too.

I don't know. I guess I hope Green starts because that means he's showing something; if we flip flop back to Lee, something real bad is going on.

Yes, it does apply to Lee as well.

What makes any of you think Lee is the guy that gives us a better chance? I'm in now way shape or form saying that Green is the best guy who gives us the best chance to win, because there is nothing to show for him more than there is to show for Lee.

Green is being given the edge because their passing ability seems to be on par at the moment but he has better legs and better decisiveness running the football.

In the last three games, Green has been on the field for 20 points of total offense and one touchdown pass. Lee has been responsible for 10 points, and no touchdown passes. Going off of that, Green is my starter.

He may not be burning any barns, but at least he isn't looking dejected every time he comes off the field after a failed drive.

Don't know why people don't address this issue. This is what the whole "mancrush" is all about. None of the Lee supporters or the "green isn't any good" group has anything to say about this. They ignore it. Here it is one more time.....Green can scramble and create plays with his legs and since the wide outs are inconsistent and the oline has issues and our running backs are depleted it makes sense to put a player in that can add this new wrinkle to an offense that sits dead in the water. So clone, vince and the others feel free to address this part of the argument. Cause if you have a better fix with Lee in there...I'd like to hear it.

Absolutely right. +1,000,000 :cheers

I've said this a dozen times.

here's the thirteenth.

IMO... doesn't matter which qb starts. neither is outstanding. no opponent fears either one. neither is head and shoulders above the other.

I have no crush on either.

Lee or green, whoever Bo wants...

unlike many posters, I feel the coaches know best.

IMO, it does matter.

You've got Lee and Green. Both have thrown bad picks, both have over-thrown/under-thrown WR's, both have been subject to crappy o-line play, and both have been subject to crappy WR play. So I think we can all agree that as far as the passing game goes, neither quarterback appears to be head and shoulders above the other.

Now the rushing game is where and why I give Cody Green the edge. Even if OU decides to stack the box and force CG to make plays with his arm, he will find ways to move around and get a few gainers here and there. With Zac Lee in as QB, you have no threat in the zone read and no threat that he will take off and burn you for a big gain. With CG in there, the zone read becomes a bit of a hotter commodity (if the o-line can block it, of course) and there is a threat for him to take off and get a first down run.

If Zac Lee had the ability to scramble and force people to reckon with his speed and footwork, then I'd be all for Lee starting. The issue is that if you exploit Zac (which has been the issue the last two games he started) you take away any sort of effectiveness he has, because he immediately starts to look dejected and he brings the whole offense down. You can tell by his demeanor every time.

So I do agree though, I feel the coaches know what is right for the football team (in most situations). I think CG needs to continue to be the starter simply because everything else on the offense is shady and any sort of extra help is something we need, and he can bring that to the table with his running ability.

Yes because his running helped us win at Baylor. Sarcasm. We need to win now, not some stupid bs about the "future" Nebraska does not play for the future it plays now. Lee has to play and will be the better quarterback on sat. And why can't lee get the experience you have barely seen green. You want to compare Lee against the Sunbelt passing? Well look at Green against the SunBlet rushing and compare to Big 12. I hope to god Lee starts. And by the way Green was net 6 points at Baylor.

Call me crazy, but I don't think it would matter if we had Colt McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, you fill in the blank, etc. back there at QB because all would struggle considering the other problems with our offense. I'm not saying either of our QB's are fantastic, but they are somewhat handicapped by the rest of the offense.

Yes, it does apply to Lee as well.

What makes any of you think Lee is the guy that gives us a better chance? I'm in now way shape or form saying that Green is the best guy who gives us the best chance to win, because there is nothing to show for him more than there is to show for Lee.

Green is being given the edge because their passing ability seems to be on par at the moment but he has better legs and better decisiveness running the football.

In the last three games, Green has been on the field for 20 points of total offense and one touchdown pass. Lee has been responsible for 10 points, and no touchdown passes. Going off of that, Green is my starter.

He may not be burning any barns, but at least he isn't looking dejected every time he comes off the field after a failed drive.

Don't know why people don't address this issue. This is what the whole "mancrush" is all about. None of the Lee supporters or the "green isn't any good" group has anything to say about this. They ignore it. Here it is one more time.....Green can scramble and create plays with his legs and since the wide outs are inconsistent and the oline has issues and our running backs are depleted it makes sense to put a player in that can add this new wrinkle to an offense that sits dead in the water. So clone, vince and the others feel free to address this part of the argument. Cause if you have a better fix with Lee in there...I'd like to hear it.

I havent seen this proof that Green has better legs yet. I want to just like anyone else, b/c that is suppose to be what he does best. He seems to have better instincts running with the ball. Just havent seen him run enough for me to go WOW. And he had all game against Baylor to do it. Baylor.

What I would like to see, or hope to see, is that Green runs & scrambles 25 to 30 times this game. To see him tuck it and run it and pick up those extra yards to move the chains. Because as I mentioned, that's what he is suppose to bring to the table. Would be great.

25-30 times a game? Damn I want to see him run as much as the next guy but thats getting a little out of control. Considering our whole team has around 30 carries a game I don't expect in any way to see Green get that amount of carries, scramble or called plays. I would really like to see him get about 10-12 called run plays then take off whenever he needs to, say maybe another 5. I think Green has already shown he is a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better runner than Lee. The run on 3rd and 5 against Baylor where he took off for ten yards would have been a two yard loss if Lee were playing. The play against Baylor on I believe 3rd and 10 where he took off and ran over a corner to put us in decent fg range. The play against LL where he had like a 35 yard run would have never gotten to the outside if Lee were in. The run against Fla Atl. where he ran for 50 or so would have never gotten to the outside and would have been stopped for about 5-7 yards.

Yes because his running helped us win at Baylor. Sarcasm. We need to win now, not some stupid bs about the "future" Nebraska does not play for the future it plays now. Lee has to play and will be the better quarterback on sat. And why can't lee get the experience you have barely seen green. You want to compare Lee against the Sunbelt passing? Well look at Green against the SunBlet rushing and compare to Big 12. I hope to god Lee starts. And by the way Green was net 6 points at Baylor.

He picked up a couple of first down runs when guys were covered down field. If picking up first downs doesn't win you games, then what does?

And no, I'm counting the points that Green was on the field for, which was 13 against Baylor. There wouldn't have been a 1 yard run by Trey if Green hadn't gotten them in scoring position.

I havent seen this proof that Green has better legs yet. I want to just like anyone else, b/c that is suppose to be what he does best. He seems to have better instincts running with the ball. Just havent seen him run enough for me to go WOW. And he had all game against Baylor to do it. Baylor.

What I would like to see, or hope to see, is that Green runs & scrambles 25 to 30 times this game. To see him tuck it and run it and pick up those extra yards to move the chains. Because as I mentioned, that's what he is suppose to bring to the table. Would be great.

I agree. Green hasn't really completely wowed me with his running ability, but he did have two very nice runs. One against FAU and then another against ULL.

Going by running stats though, Green has better statistics thus far in far fewer games. He is 16 for 134 yards, while Lee is 43 for 128 attempts. Those are net yards including any sacks or TFL's they have had against them. Going by those, I'm quite a bit more impressed with Green, imho.

Again, to those of you thinking I'm all over the Green bandwagon I'm not. I just don't see a reason to start either one over the other as far as passing ability goes, because both have shown weaknesses in the area. I merely give Green the nod because the coaches and most everybody else agree Green is a talented runner. Wats has even come out and said he wants to give CG a chance to run 10-12 times a game. He has never said as much about Lee, so I give Green the nod just because he brings that to the table, and the stats so far support it.

I'm going to say Green is starting based off the article i just read in the Daily Nebraskan (UNL student newspaper). It was about the TE's and how they are not being utilized and it had some quotes from Mike McNeil in it about how Cody needs to be looking to the TE's more in the OU game.

“I think we have the ability to make plays, but obviously, that comes down to what play is called and what Cody’s reading on the defense,” McNeill said. “It’s not going to be a forced issue, but I think we can help him out.”

Green, of course, would like to return the favor to his tight ends if it’ll relieve some of the pressure he will face this weekend.

“I feel they’re really going to get their chance this game,” Green said. "We’ll have to use them a lot, so it’ll be fun to try and see if I can get Mike off my back about it.”

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports/mcnei...-game-1.2052151

I find it interesting that they are still telling everyone that they haven't decided on a QB for this Saturday. For example...

Junior Zac Lee, who had started the first seven games, did not play a snap against Baylor. But Watson wasn’t about to take Tuesday’s session with reporters to announce anyone as a starter against Oklahoma.

“They have to earn it in practice this week,” the coach said, even leaving the door open that both quarterbacks could be called on.

“That’s not outside the realm of possibility,” Watson said. “We’ll see how this week goes in practice and what our best combination would be. And if that’s one, we’d consider that.”

However, Watson said this...

Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson has usually viewed games from the press box. But on Saturday against Baylor, with Cody Green making his first start, he called the offense from the sideline so that he could be closer and directly communicate with Green.

Watson said that will continue this week. Green certainly won’t mind.

Does anyone else think that Watson said in a round about way that Cody will start Saturday? I understand wanting to make sure that they are always going to have their players compete for playing time but I would like them to committ to one QB, a Mr. Cody Green.

I heard Kody Spano will start the game. I got some inside information !!!