Pelini went off on Watson

Joe_5700

Watson deserved some flak because YOU DON'T RUN THAT PLAY WITH THIS PERSONNEL.

I feel like they're putting the Option in just to please the old fans, but it's stupid. It also assumes that we're dumb and we're going to be satisfied if they simply run a play that resembles "the good ol' days," and that's hogwash. We're a smart fan base and we know football, and we know that the Option as run by this team (or 2008) is crap. The guys aren't trained for it, we don't have the personnel to run it, and it looks horrible. I think we've had one really good option play all year, and shite the rest. Put that play on the shelf until you've practiced it for a couple of years.

Watson makes a lot of weird calls like that play at that time. I wish he would just analyze his personnel, figure out their strengths, and play to that.

<_<

If Lee had kept the ball and gotten a touchdown or if Helu had scored on the pitch, then this conversation wouldn't exist because nobody would be complaining.

But I know, it's because it didn't work that it is being discussed.

At the same time, it's a call that wasn't executed which has been a problem all year.

If Lee had kept the ball and gotten a touchdown or if Helu had scored on the pitch, then this conversation wouldn't exist because nobody would be complaining.

But I know, it's because it didn't work that it is being discussed.

At the same time, it's a call that wasn't executed which has been a problem all year.

Meh. Like I posted while you were typing, I think the fans are savvy enough to look at this team and know that we should NOT be running the Option. It's not a strength for the personnel we have. All season long the Option has looked brutal, aside from one play, and I bet people would rather see it cut from the playbook the rest of the year rather than continue to see it run so poorly.

it did look like bo went off on shawn, then they both went off on lee.

in that game, every scoring chance was huge and we could not afford to give that up.

thankfully, we made enough plays to win the game, but as the OP said, Bo is not above chewing out assistants when he feels like it.

was it watsons fault on the bad pitch? no.. watson's blood was boiling too. he knew we needed a score from that.

sh** rolls down hill, always has, always will.

nothing more to say about it.

Watson deserved some flak because YOU DON'T RUN THAT PLAY WITH LEE.

I feel like they're putting the Option in just to please the old fans, but it's stupid. It also assumes that we're dumb and we're going to be satisfied if they simply run a play that resembles "the good ol' days," and that's hogwash. We're a smart fan base and we know football, and we know that the Option as run by this team (or 2008) is crap. The guys aren't trained for it, we dont' have the personnel to run it, and it looks horrible. I think we've had one really good option play all year, and shite the rest. Put that play on the shelf until you've practiced it for a couple of years.

Watson makes a lot of weird calls like that play at that time. I wish he would just analyze his personnel, figure out their strengths, and play to that.

That's exactly how I feel about our running of the option.

And Green did not look one bit better than Lee on the option.

I really don't understand why his anger wasn't directly squarely at Roy? Regardless of bad playcall or poor read by Lee, he made a good pitch to Roy, which was not handled by him. If Roy grabs the pitch, like he should, we are going back to the huddle with a couple yard loss and worrying about the next play.

I really don't understand why his anger wasn't directly squarely at Roy? Regardless of bad playcall or poor read by Lee, he made a good pitch to Roy, which was not handled by him. If Roy grabs the pitch, like he should, we are going back to the huddle with a couple yard loss and worrying about the next play.

Where did Roy go after that play? I don't think he was anywhere near Pelini, but Lee was because Wats is his position coach. My guess is that if Helu had gone past Pelini he'd have gotten an earful, too.

That's why I think Pelini just went off and anyone in the area was going to get caught in the blast.

true, it was roy that didn't handle it.

side note is, they gotta practice that option/pitch thing allot more before it becomes pretty.

i think TO said something to that effect before.

Exactly! The option is actually quite a finesse play for a run. Requires timing and to make a pitch on the run and is a play that is to be perfected. I constantly see schools toss it in here and there and it's just embarrassing. The risk/reward is too high to just use it to losen up the defense. GT and Navy are successful with it because it's what they do. That's their staple. It's a play that should be tossed unless they commit to that style.