What was Callahan's signature win, and loss?

CornBall

The 30 - 3 beatdown in Boulder followed by a come-from-behind bowl win against Michigan had us feeling pretty good about the direction the team was going in the coach's second year.

Signature loss could have been the first USC game where he didn't play to win. They may not have won anyway, but it was a slap to Zac Taylor who was game to take it to the Trojans.

But I'd probably have to go with the Oklahoma State homecoming game in '07. Never has a Husker team showed so little pride and failed so completely. Although Texas Tech and Iowa State this year are pretty close.

win A&M. loss? okie state in 07. it was the game I saw the team, give up...... and so did I. I was on board upto that point. I didnt LIKE how he was doing it, but I wasnt ready to bail util I saw that.

so here is a cally question? what was his biggest mistake here? imo it was not bring back pelini. if he could have kept bo he would still be here. im glad it has worked out the way it has, but really bills biggest problem was coz. i know I will take flack for this, but in my opinion you could stick billy at a school like texas a&m and stick him with good young coordinator and he would be ok. not great, certainly not winning an B12 titles, but I think he could have. a bowl team yearly. His problem here was being a TERRIBLE fit for our state in every way, and his D coordinator

I think you can SIGN his name to any of the loses that broke some kind of record...which are numerous and painful and sh**ty, cuz they ALL mattered..(even though he didn't think ANY of them mattered. Much like Weiss at ND losing to Navy)

his signature win was Mechicken in the Alamo Bowl.

Signature win? Probably against Meeechicken in the Alamo Bowl.

Signature loss? 70-10 at Texas Tech.

Who the F cares at this point? :dunno

As it's been mentioned at nauseum on every other thread....it's a message board. That's what its for.

No joke this is a message board where people go to see other peoples opinions/questions about husker football present and past. Although I hate the trolls, i actually enjoy reading people's opinions that differ from mine. Call me crazy.

IMO Callahan's signature loss isn't Texas Tech because it wasn't in the last part of his time here.

Mine would be KU in 07 and the Alamo Bowl. However the last play of the Alamo Bowl left me grasping for air. But i think after KU in 07 we knew that was Callahan's last year. That was the last straw.