I'm stunned by the Myopic K-State Fans...

I think you have to have a great deal of respect for the KSU run game. They had about the same amount of rush yards against Oklahoma that we had, and 63 of our 141 came on one play. If they can run against Oklahoma, they can probably run against us.

We've given up rushing yards on key rushing downs, especially when we have our opponent pinned deep, so it's not like we're impervious to the run. We're 11th in the nation overall, but really, what kind of rushing offense have we played? Pretty much everyone has been trying to pass on us.

I don't count KSU out of this game at all, and I find it unlikely that we'll blow them out. I think it's far more likely that we'll be in a three/four quarter dogfight.

But we'll win that dogfight.

just dont want to get to confident....

I think you have to have a great deal of respect for the KSU run game. They had about the same amount of rush yards against Oklahoma that we had, and 63 of our 141 came on one play. If they can run against Oklahoma, they can probably run against us.

We've given up rushing yards on key rushing downs, especially when we have our opponent pinned deep, so it's not like we're impervious to the run. We're 11th in the nation overall, but really, what kind of rushing offense have we played? Pretty much everyone has been trying to pass on us.

I don't count KSU out of this game at all, and I find it unlikely that we'll blow them out. I think it's far more likely that we'll be in a three/four quarter dogfight.

But we'll win that dogfight.

v tech and ark state both have excellenteam

really this game will be similar to vtech. great coach, good special teams, good rushing attach. they just dont have the talent

v tech and ark state both have excellent rushing offenses

I'll give you VA Tech, but not Ark stAte. That's their offense of choice, but they've been struggling with it lately, rushing for less than 100 yards in three of their last four, and that's against Sun Belt foes.

We give up about 95 yards a game on the ground (11th in the country), while KSU earns about 184 yards on the ground (31st). It looks like we should be able to hold their offense down, but who knows if last week was an aberration or the way our defense will play again.

First, the psychological aspects. Nebraska has the edge, favortites, at home, knowing the offense is starting to turn the corner, the defense knows their the best, and showin that swagger, Coach Pelini will not allow that Iowa St. disaster to happen twice in the same season. This will be focused and jacked knowin what's on the line, on senior night. Kansas St., on the other hand, will be in an environment they have not had to be in yet this year, this large of a road crowd in this kind of a big game atmosphere (oklahoma does not count, face it, the sooeners did not take them seriously) The OU-KSU game was over when it started, just wound up closer than it should have cuz OU went to sleep. This face lies deep in the hearts of every K-State player. Now, x's and o's, Nebraska has more talent, no ifs ands or buts and are their own worst enemy as well. No mistakes, limit penalties, it's a 4 touchdown win at least. K-state keeps it close thru 2 qtrs because of their good run defense, but nebraska's talent and depth pulls away in second half along with a defensive score of some sort by the Blackshirts to get the ball rollin. I think Banks makes a big play of some sort or the cats early to give them some hope and momentum to carry them thru the first half, but as the second half wears on, Nebraska takes control.

We win this game 7 or 8 times out of 10 on a neutral field. Unfortunately, we only play them once.

The senior night thing usually causes more trouble than help. Seeing your mom and dad tearing up before kickoff does little to put you in the right frame of mind for football. They should think about doing that stuff after the game when the players can afford to let their emotions show.

v tech and ark state both have excellent rushing offenses

I'll give you VA Tech, but not Ark stAte. That's their offense of choice, but they've been struggling with it lately, rushing for less than 100 yards in three of their last four, and that's against Sun Belt foes.

We give up about 95 yards a game on the ground (11th in the country), while KSU earns about 184 yards on the ground (31st). It looks like we should be able to hold their offense down, but who knows if last week was an aberration or the way our defense will play again.

well crap... i lost track of them after the iowa game...... i wonder if the non conference games beat them up.

As far as I'm concerned, we've played ONE competent game offensively against real competition. So anything could happen. After watching our defense underperform against Kansas and a decent runner in Reesing, I'm not convinced we are just going to squash Kansas State's offense like a bug. I watched KSU play against OU, and their offensive line impressed me. If KU's line can handle our four man front, there's no reason to think KSU will be any different.

I think, if Helu stays at near 100%, and Lee can continue to get passes downfield to Paul and McNeill, we should win this game... but I don't expect a blowout. How we are 17-point favorites is completely beyond me.

Sean Fisher and Will Compton will most certainly earn their scholarships in this game, that's for sure. Those two should be fresh because they really haven't played at all with the offenses we've been playing.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this game. I do think if we get up early it could get ugly for KSU. If we let them hang around it's gonna be a nail biter.

You have to remember too that game was 28-9 at half. Then Kstate scored 14 in the third. OU probably relaxed a little then turned it back on in the 4th.

Agree completely!! NU was never in the position against OU where they had to open up the offense to play catch-up, so they called a very conservative game to avoid a game changing turnover.

I think we get up big at the start, the defense shut's 'em down, and Nebraska rolls! Hope the Jerry World dancing girls are scheduled for the Big12 CCG!!

:cheers

I don't blame fans for thinking your team has a chance in every game. I remember plenty of Husker fans whom thought we could go into Norman and win last year.

But living down here in Kansas City and reading the K-State boards has truly blown me away with amazement. Cat fans think they're going to win this weekend in Lincoln. It's stunning. The prevailing attitude about the Mizzou game was "the Cats were just looking ahead."

I currently have about 6 wagers on the table with co-workers. I don't even have to give them any points. These wagers are straight up. It's unbelievable.

Here's the reality Cat fan:

- You have a one dimensional offense.

- Your passing game is non-existent

- Your defense has surrendered more points than you've scored.

- You're coming to Lincoln for a night game

- Nebraska has tons of momentum after 3 straight wins.

- It's senior night.

Do the Huskers still have offensive issues? Sure we do. We have plenty of limitations, but none of that will matter on Saturday night.

NU- 34 K-State 6.

Couple of missed points...

- the crowd was openly challenged by Bo, so it will be louder than sitting on the wing of a space shuttle during lift off

- Suh and the rest of the seniors onr D are going to play lights out

Beyond that, I think you hit the nail on the head! GO BIG RED!