SIGNED LB Lavonte David

Rumor is that he visited South Florida this weekend, and we all know how Bo feels about things like that if true :(

Apparently the rumor has foundations. He did take a trip to South Florida, apparently without his coach knowing about it. Either he just wanted a vacation, or he did something really stupid. With Bo's stance on solid verbal commits taking visits, I could see his scholarship being opened up for someone else to take. I don't see Bo dropping him completely, but if the slot goes to someone else, then so be it. I have no doubt that Bo told him what his policy was when he committed.

Rumor is that he visited South Florida this weekend, and we all know how Bo feels about things like that if true :(

Apparently the rumor has foundations. He did take a trip to South Florida, apparently without his coach knowing about it. Either he just wanted a vacation, or he did something really stupid. With Bo's stance on solid verbal commits taking visits, I could see his scholarship being opened up for someone else to take. I don't see Bo dropping him completely, but if the slot goes to someone else, then so be it. I have no doubt that Bo told him what his policy was when he committed.

yup. doesn't necessarily mean we've lost him, as i don't think we'd stop recruiting him for this unless he was dishonest. really hope we hang onto this one, as we could really use him next year.

You never know with recruits. Maybe playing near home is more important than going to play for a better program under a better defensive coach. But I wouldn't expect Bo to just drop him. My best guess is he has a talk with him telling him he's either 100% on board or 100% not.

But I have to say it's certainly concerning about David's character IF it's true that he took this visit without telling anyone.

• Fire 1

You never know with recruits. Maybe playing near home is more important than going to play for a better program under a better defensive coach. But I wouldn't expect Bo to just drop him. My best guess is he has a talk with him telling him he's either 100% on board or 100% not.

But I have to say it's certainly concerning about David's character IF it's true that he took this visit without telling anyone.

maybe he just went down to hang out with his family

:hellloooo :hellloooo :hellloooo :hellloooo :hellloooo

I could see scenarios where he would just take a visit for the heck of it and still be committed to NU.

I would not be too worried at this point...it'd be a big, big loss for us though. I hope Lavonte sticks with us. The way our defense is running, he'd be kind of nuts not to.

I could see scenarios where he would just take a visit for the heck of it and still be committed to NU.

I would not be too worried at this point...it'd be a big, big loss for us though. I hope Lavonte sticks with us. The way our defense is running, he'd be kind of nuts not to.

His only visit was to NU before the visit to USF, neither his juco coach or NU coaches knew he was going. Supposed to have an in-home with Bo and Ekeler this week, could get interesting. I think he's still 100% Nebraska, but wanted to just take another visit for fun, I hope Bo and the staff sees it that way. facepalm.gifmadrun.gif

just got an update. he did take an official visit to USF and did not tell the NE coaches first. he did call coack ekeler when he got back and explained what happened. he wanted to take another official just for the experience of it since NE was his only official visit. he said he felt bad about not letting the NE coaches know what he was doing first. he said he is 100% still committed to NE. he also said that our academic situation is better here than at USF and that he will be hosting bo and another coach at an in-home visit sometime this week i believe.

basically, i believe all is well and that this visit was just lavonte reassuring himself that he made the right decision. i think after making the visit he realizes how special we are and how lucky he is to have a scholarship here

just got an update. he did take an official visit to USF and did not tell the NE coaches first. he did call coack ekeler when he got back and explained what happened. he wanted to take another official just for the experience of it since NE was his only official visit. he said he felt bad about not letting the NE coaches know what he was doing first. he said he is 100% still committed to NE. he also said that our academic situation is better here than at USF and that he will be hosting bo and another coach at an in-home visit sometime this week i believe.

basically, i believe all is well and that this visit was just lavonte reassuring himself that he made the right decision. i think after making the visit he realizes how special we are and how lucky he is to have a scholarship here

bo will be pissed... but i guess he will understand... i can see why he did it

hell going after seeing nebraska then heading to USf i'd know nebraska was the place for me fooo sure......

i know a couple of kids over the years at the school i'm at know 100 percent where they want to go but still take officals for the thrill trip expirence whatever...... sounds all good to me

I remember hearing something about his grades being an issue earlier this year; maybe South Florida is more lax than NU as far as grades go? (This is just speculation) Anyone else remember Lavonte having grade issues?

He was supposed to be a Dec grad, but didn't pass a math class.

He should be all set to graduated after the spring....I hope.