SIGNED LB Lavonte David

I'll be so happy once these kids sign. If we get Owa, Cooper, Carnes this class should be close to top 15.

Even if all 3 sign we would be really lucky to break into top 20!! The thing that hurts us is the 2 players with just 2 stars not that they are bad players but they really pull your over all score down.

I'll be so happy once these kids sign. If we get Owa, Cooper, Carnes this class should be close to top 15.

Even if all 3 sign we would be really lucky to break into top 20!! The thing that hurts us is the 2 players with just 2 stars not that they are bad players but they really pull your over all score down.

I read a thread on HI that said they only do the ratings on the top 20 players in each class to help account for the different class sizes. If that is the case, and NU gets all 3 of those players, then one of the 2 Stars won't count against NU's overall ranking. However I am not sure why it matters, wouldn't you be happy with a 5 Star and 8 total 4 Stars in a class of 21? That is nearly half of the total, not to mention that many of the 3 Stars look to be really promising as well. The funny thing is that MU will most likely have a Top 15 class after signing day, but if both Ealy and Hunt don't qualify as is the rumor, the class that MU sees comes August isn't a Top 15 Class and in reality NU's class will be much better. It is better to evaluate a class after they are in the program, the hype doesn't tell the whole story.

I read a thread on HI that said they only do the ratings on the top 20 players in each class to help account for the different class sizes. If that is the case, and NU gets all 3 of those players, then one of the 2 Stars won't count against NU's overall ranking. However I am not sure why it matters, wouldn't you be happy with a 5 Star and 8 total 4 Stars in a class of 21? That is nearly half of the total, not to mention that many of the 3 Stars look to be really promising as well. The funny thing is that MU will most likely have a Top 15 class after signing day, but if both Ealy and Hunt don't qualify as is the rumor, the class that MU sees comes August isn't a Top 15 Class and in reality NU's class will be much better. It is better to evaluate a class after they are in the program, the hype doesn't tell the whole story.

:yeah

To add to your thought I read that Ealy has about a 1% chance of qualifying. Many schools backed off from him after they got word of this.

Our class will be a lot better when we add Owa and Cooper to it. Even if you do count Ealy and Hunt to their total.

I've also heard Rivals only bases their team rankings on the top 20 players. So, if we got all 3...1 of ours (Jake Cotton) would be dropped out of the calculation. Assuming this is accurate info, adding a 5-star, and dropping a 2 star from the calculation would be a HUGE swing. It would put us in a similar position as Florida St. (#10) - 1 5*, 8 4*, rest 3* (give or take a little)

Our top 20 vs F.St. (with owa, cooper, carnes)

5*

6.1 - 6.1

4*

5.9 - 6

5.9 - 5.9

5.9 - 5.9

5.8 - 5.8

5.8 - 5.8

5.8 - 5.8

5.8 - 5.8

5.8 - 5.8

3*

5.7 - 5.7

5.7 - 5.7

5.7 - 5.7

5.7 - 5.7

5.7 - 5.6

5.6 - 5.6

5.6 - 5.6

5.6 - 5.6

5.6 - 5.6

5.6 - 5.6

5.4 - 5.6

NU - 114.7

ST - 114.9

I'm not sure how they calculate - if they weight JUCO players differently etc. But from a "stars" perspective...we're pretty close to that top-10 team.

My brain hurts.

I saw something on rivals saying that he was still solid with us even after the visit, so we should be fine. I am more worried about him not qualifying.

I thought the issue with David's grades was whether or not he would be able to graduate in December and get on campus for spring practices (which he wasn't able to do). I don't think there was a question as to whether he would graduate at all or qualify for UNL. Can anyone clarify this?

I saw something on rivals saying that he was still solid with us even after the visit, so we should be fine. I am more worried about him not qualifying.

I thought the issue with David's grades was that he whether or not he would be able to graduate in December and get on campus for spring practices (which he wasn't able to do). I don't think there was a question as to whether he would graduate at all or qualify for UNL. Can anyone clarify this?

As far as I know you are spot on.

I've also heard Rivals only bases their team rankings on the top 20 players. So, if we got all 3...1 of ours (Jake Cotton) would be dropped out of the calculation. Assuming this is accurate info, adding a 5-star, and dropping a 2 star from the calculation would be a HUGE swing. It would put us in a similar position as Florida St. (#10) - 1 5*, 8 4*, rest 3* (give or take a little)

Our top 20 vs F.St. (with owa, cooper, carnes)

5*

6.1 - 6.1

4*

5.9 - 6

5.9 - 5.9

5.9 - 5.9

5.8 - 5.8

5.8 - 5.8

5.8 - 5.8

5.8 - 5.8

5.8 - 5.8

3*

5.7 - 5.7

5.7 - 5.7

5.7 - 5.7

5.7 - 5.7

5.7 - 5.6

5.6 - 5.6

5.6 - 5.6

5.6 - 5.6

5.6 - 5.6

5.6 - 5.6

5.4 - 5.6

NU - 114.7

ST - 114.9

I'm not sure how they calculate - if they weight JUCO players differently etc. But from a "stars" perspective...we're pretty close to that top-10 team.

• Fire 1

I thought the issue with David's grades was that he whether or not he would be able to graduate in December and get on campus for spring practices (which he wasn't able to do). I don't think there was a question as to whether he would graduate at all or qualify for UNL. Can anyone clarify this?

As far as I know you are spot on.

:yeah

I believe this to be the case to Huskerbruin.