Big Twelve North Champs!

knapplc

Hmmm, I am excited too of course, but I am also realistic. We are 8-3 with 3 wins coming from junior varsity teams (equivalent too at least), a win against what is now a bad Oklahoma team, a not-so-good Kansas team either and a loss to Iowa State. Our offense is still horrible but we have one of the best defenses in the country.

So I think it's premature to say we are officially back as winning the North to me doesn't seem like that much of an accomplishment considering everything listed above. I know some or most will disagree, but you got to look at this with a clear head and not just your enthusiasm from winning tonight.

Nothing you say is wrong. But note - I didn't say we were "back." I said we mean business once again.

I have grave concerns about this offense. I have concerns about this defense (KSU out-yarded us). But we're better. We're better than we ever were under our last coach, and we are continuing to improve. Progress is being made, and with a few more years of Bo, we ought to be in line for more good things.

Are we there yet? No, and I don't think even the biggest kool-aid drinker thinks we are. But could we confidently say we're heading in the right direction? I think most everyone would say we are. And that's what this thread is about. ;)

Ahh yes....there we go. You bet, we're no where near to being "back" to where we need to be. But no doubt what-so-ever we've improved several light years since the 2007 supreme disaster. Good post!

Great job Bo!!

It is way too early to celebrate and I'm sure Bo is not doing any. For fans a Big 12 NC is a big deal and we've now got an extra game to watch or travel to. And it is a step back to being relevant. But it is just a step and there is no "order restored" and really no "we mean business" needed with two big games before a bowl game. The truth is that with our offense, Colorado might be a pickem game after their Thursday night performance against a team with their offense crippled. Texas, will be an opportunity to make brash statements after the game or wish we'd have kept our mouth shut before. We backed into a North championship that is sort of the laughing stock of achievements. That is not something a Big Red fan is going to be crowing about unless we beat CU and play a respectable game or win against Tejas.

If KSU would have won, does anyone think there was some sort of purple power that had been restored? No they are not a good football team but play against other not very good football teams. WE didn't blow them out of the stadium. When we can talk about "order restored" it will be an undefeated Big Red team going to the Big 12 North showdown. We are a long way from getting that done. It will depend on Bo's recruits to get it done and it will take a while. We need much better players to restore Big Red to their former place. This is a baby step. Actually there is a bigger step in Boulder next week and a huge step in Dallas. We need to climb higher. A h*** of a lot higher.

If KSU would have won, does anyone think there was some sort of purple power that had been restored? No they are not a good football team but play against other not very good football teams. WE didn't blow them out of the stadium. When we can talk about "order restored" it will be an undefeated Big Red team going to the Big 12 North showdown. We are a long way from getting that done. It will depend on Bo's recruits to get it done and it will take a while. We need much better players to restore Big Red to their former place. This is a baby step. Actually there is a bigger step in Boulder next week and a huge step in Dallas. We need to climb higher. A h*** of a lot higher.

Actually a shirt I saw down here said "Restore the Roar"

Keep them purple power towels a comin'

A journalist commented on the fact that when we won the Big 12 North in '06, it became a huge fiasco. "Order Restored" signs were everywhere, fireworks went off after the game, and everybody thought we were the sh*t.

Now, we are taking this with a grain of salt and already looking forward to the challenge ahead instead of celebrating accomplishments of the past. This is the way it should be. Winning the Big 12 North should not be a fiasco for us. We have better facilities, fan support, and booster support than any other school in the North. We also have the most tradition on our side.

I'm extremely glad we took the crown back, but I'm happy the team is taking this as it should have happened instead of they are glad it happened.

A journalist commented on the fact that when we won the Big 12 North in '06, it became a huge fiasco. "Order Restored" signs were everywhere, fireworks went off after the game, and everybody thought we were the sh*t.

Now, we are taking this with a grain of salt and already looking forward to the challenge ahead instead of celebrating accomplishments of the past. This is the way it should be. Winning the Big 12 North should not be a fiasco for us. We have better facilities, fan support, and booster support than any other school in the North. We also have the most tradition on our side.

I'm extremely glad we took the crown back, but I'm happy the team is taking this as it should have happened instead of they are glad it happened.

Exactly! We need to get that swagger back and you can see it, at least on the defensive side of the ball and special teams. If our offense could get going a little bit we would kick some serious butt.

Exactly! We need to get that swagger back and you can see it, at least on the defensive side of the ball and special teams. If our offense could get going a little bit we would kick some serious butt.

Congrats on a North Championship.

I wish it could be my Tigers being led to slaughter against the Longhorns, but it's not in the cards for 2009.

Good luck and well wishes.

Now.....seriously, guys.

Let's keep this 'title' in perspective.

The Huskers had a good season, won the North and all that jazz.

But the order is restored?

Seriously?

The Huskers won:

...against three Junior Varsity teams.

...against a severely overhyped K-State team that lost to a Div II (or whatever they're calling that level nowadays) team.

...a Kansas team that is in total disarray

...against three teams without a Quarterback.

Oklahomo (without Bradford)

Baylor (without Griffin)

Mizzou (3 1/2 quarters with Gabbert at 1/5th speed)

Good luck for the last 3 games.

I hope nobody gets hurt.

Especially Suh....get him a car with some rubber padding on the sides.

It's taken me a long time to post on here because that game in Columbia really hurt.

I'll be back in 2010.

Aloha, Mahalo and Mele Kalikimaka

Tiny Tim shows back up!!! With congratulations but.......... Thanks Mr Obvious. If you had been here on a regular basis you would know we are well aware of our limitations at the moment. We're really happy about the future however. This was just another step in the right direction. Deep down you already know what's happening in Lincoln and what bodes for the future of Mizzou winning the north for awhile. See you next year.