Watts

HuckFoley

i know we won, and shawn did run the ball on the last drive to chew up clock, but did anyone else notice a deviation from what was working?

the 3rd and 2 call, while successful, drove me nuts.

I thought shawn called a bad game, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is asked to move on after the end of the season.

don't mean to be a killjoy here, but we didn't do jack on offense the entire 2nd half sans that first drive for a td.

i know we won, and shawn did run the ball on the last drive to chew up clock, but did anyone else notice a deviation from what was working?

the 3rd and 2 call, while successful, drove me nuts.

I thought shawn called a bad game, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is asked to move on after the end of the season.

don't mean to be a killjoy here, but we didn't do jack on offense the entire 2nd half sans that first drive for a td.

eEhDZN0RFjw

The game plan was to burn clock. Once we got up by two scores, you could see them really ramp down the offense.

I'll guarantee that was a conscious decision by Bo and Watson to wear down the defense and burn clock.

I'll also guarantee that Bo was involved in the decision.

I thought it was more about Nebraska having less then desirable field position after the second touchdown. I'm sure they would have liked to put more space between them and the purples.

The game plan was to burn clock. Once we got up by two scores, you could see them really ramp down the offense.

I'll guarantee that was a conscious decision by Bo and Watson to wear down the defense and burn clock.

I'll also guarantee that Bo was involved in the decision.

I thought it was more about Nebraska having less then desirable field position after the second touchdown. I'm sure they would have liked to put more space between them and the purples.

I don't know. You could be right, but knowing Bo's infatuation with defense, I'm betting he felt he had a pretty good thing going when we went up by two scores (and it turns out he was right). But we stopped taking shots downfield, aside from one pass I can recall to Paul for about 15 yards. We stopped going to the TE except for that shovel pass they made a good play on, and I'd bet about half our runs were right up the middle, or off tackle.

I'm sure field position played a part, but they weren't pulling out any stops to get in scoring position again.