Who covers shipley? Can Gomes cover him>

blkshrtz

Quite honestly, too much is being made of this matchup. Texas is not going to kill us in the passing game. I'm actually more fearfull of Shipley in the return game.

You all should be more concerned about NU formulating the ability to move the ball for positive yardage. Prince can handle Shipley, and the NU pass rush can get to McCoy because Texas can't run the football.

But UT wins 15-2 or something like that because our offense vs. the Texas Defense is kind of like Texas State vs. the Texas defense.

I'm not worried about Shipley's return game because I seriously doubt Henery or Kunalic will give him the chance to field a catch.

As for UT's running game, we can't sleep on it. McCoy will take advantage of the QB draw the same way that Reesing from KU did against us. If Reesing had some success with it against us, then surely McCoy can exploit us as well.

I wouldnt be so sure. Texas brings alot of pressure on punts. As much as our offense will punt he sure to get his hands on a couple. If your saying Kunalic will have multiple kickoffs I guess that mean were scoring alot.

Quite honestly, too much is being made of this matchup. Texas is not going to kill us in the passing game. I'm actually more fearfull of Shipley in the return game.

You all should be more concerned about NU formulating the ability to move the ball for positive yardage. Prince can handle Shipley, and the NU pass rush can get to McCoy because Texas can't run the football.

But UT wins 15-2 or something like that because our offense vs. the Texas Defense is kind of like Texas State vs. the Texas defense.

I'm not worried about Shipley's return game because I seriously doubt Henery or Kunalic will give him the chance to field a catch.

As for UT's running game, we can't sleep on it. McCoy will take advantage of the QB draw the same way that Reesing from KU did against us. If Reesing had some success with it against us, then surely McCoy can exploit us as well.

I wouldnt be so sure. Texas brings alot of pressure on punts. As much as our offense will punt he sure to get his hands on a couple. If your saying Kunalic will have multiple kickoffs I guess that mean were scoring alot.

I'm saying if UT starts off with the ball, then obviously Kunalic will have to kick it to them. Chances are the coaches are gonna want him to kick it away from Shipley or out of the end zone if possible.

Henery on the other hand will drive the ball to the edge of the sideline every chance he gets.

They know how deadly Shipley is, so why would they risk going directly at him?

I'm saying if UT starts off with the ball, then obviously Kunalic will have to kick it to them. Chances are the coaches are gonna want him to kick it away from Shipley or out of the end zone if possible.

Henery on the other hand will drive the ball to the edge of the sideline every chance he gets.

So yout saying we wont be scoring alot. One kickoff attempt? Damn

So yout saying we wont be scoring alot. One kickoff attempt? Damn

LOL, you got me there.

But seriously whenever the chances provide us, I don't see either Kunalic or Henery kicking directly to Shipley. I don't see the coaches wanting to take that chance.

Just have Asante get his personal foul at the very beginning of the game and knock him out of commission...

As twisted as this, I think you are making a joke in regard to purposely hurting another player. If this happened They would lose Shipley but Asante would absolutely get tossed.

Asante for Shipley... I would take that!

Yep. I'd sacrifice a Knight for a Queen any day. Of course I'm not advocating hurting anyone.

No. I'm not serious. But since he's on quite a nice string of questionable plays...I'm just sayin'.

:sarcasm

We most certainly will be hurt by their wideouts. KU took advantage of our weak middle of the field and Gomes was constantly a step behind Meyer (how do you spell his name) which worked for poking the ball out but he was beat....Our coverage has been pretty good on special teams. I just don't see how we get pressure with the front four especially the way they've been playing lately (I think they're still worn out from OU) and we have to pressure mccoy and actually hit him.... Hanson was slipping out of our tackles friday.

prince will take him, especially with dennards injuries lately

but hagg doesn't get enough credit. i still think he's our best lock on corner.

The thing that Hagg needs to get better at is when he's a 1/2 step behind the receiver, he doesn't look back to see where the ball is coming in. He's missed several opportunities to bat the ball away from the receiver whenever the ball sails over the top of him.

That and the fact that Hagg doesn't play cover corner. He is the Nickle Back and also Safety when needed. Next season Hagg will most likely be a starting Safety along side PJ Smith.

Prince, Gomes, Dennard, Asante, add in some O'Hanlon & Dillard & Haag, we are going to be VERY Tough & Physical

Don't know why but I have a good feeling about Dillard going into this game. He had a great game against OU. I see him being a big factor this weekend.