Lee's ankle

Lee says ankle is ‘phenomenal'

Nebraska quarterback Zac Lee has had his left ankle taped this week but is clearly not going to say he's still hurting from his third-quarter injury at Colorado.

Asked Tuesday how the ankle felt, Lee said: “Phenomenal.''

The Huskers will need a steady hand from Lee again in protecting the football Saturday night. During its five-game winning streak, Nebraska has committed just five turnovers (two interceptions, three fumbles).

Damn. If ZLee's ankle is bugging him at all come Saturday, our O loses an element... that gamebreaking speed. The bread and butter of our offense, the Zone Read and the Power Option run out of the I, will probably lose all effectiveness... :sarcasm

LMAO. What ever will Watson do????

Well, I would hope that if it ever reached that point- if our offense could no longer center around Zac's Usain Bolt-like running ability, that Watson may go a little crazy. Perhaps have a bit of a nervous breakdown and do something totally insane- such as calling offensive plays that suit the playing styles of the players currently on the Husker roster.

Damn. If ZLee's ankle is bugging him at all come Saturday, our O loses an element... that gamebreaking speed. The bread and butter of our offense, the Zone Read and the Power Option run out of the I, will probably lose all effectiveness... :sarcasm

Well, I would hope that if it ever reached that point- if our offense could no longer center around Zac's Usain Bolt-like running ability, that Watson may go a little crazy. Perhaps have a bit of a nervous breakdown and do something totally insane- such as calling offensive plays that suit the playing styles of the players currently on the Husker roster.

well isn't that a novel concept......

Not to Watson.......

Not to Watson.......

:violin

seriously, there isn't much else we can do at this point... is there?

No wait, we haven't tried the Texas tech offense yet... lets try that for the last two games. seems like a great idea!!1!! The vanilla, straight ahead ground game is about the best we are going to do against a team like Texas

Haha, don't you mean "talents and abilities" and not "playing style".

We're seeing that now with Zac's speed being utilized on his rollouts, our O-line's lack of technical ability offset by getting big and pounding it up the middle. (Heh.)

Players come in to learn and operate in a system, that's how a team works. They don't just do whatever's "their style" and expect the coaches to just deal with it.