Bad news for Texas

Not that it means much but he is on the depth chart for the game tomorrow. Either way I just don't see him missing the game.

From the article: Horns are healthy

By Alan Trubow | Friday, December 4, 2009, 12:05 PM

Rumors have been circulating about wide receiver Jordan Shipley having a foot injury after he was seen getting treatment in the Longhorns’ win over Texas A&M.

He was asked about it Monday and the receiver said he was healthy. He was not listed on the injury report.

2009 Big 12 Texas Depth Chart

Somehow I doubt texass cares if Pierre or alfonzo or lee are fully healthy ...

Not cool. I have often said that NU has the classiest fans. However, your statement lacks class. I don't wish injuries on any of these kids.

~v~

A. I don't see where this person said they hope that you or any other Texas fans wish injuries on players.

B. If that was what this person was implying what has your fan base done collectively to make Nebraska fans think any differently?

C. Nebraska fans are for the most part classy but honesty is a virtue I personally value a great deal. I have personally witnessed extremely bad behavior and call into question the integrity of Texas fans as a whole. There is also a very arrogant way in which most Texas fans carry themselves so forgive us if we might question weather Texas fans have the best interest of our players in mind. I'm sure there are many good natured Longhorn fans who love college football and understand that it's young kids playing ball out there who's families are watching in the stand. It's just not the impression I get from your fanbase overall. Thats honesty!

I've come to the conclusion that its best to not trust what anyone says (including myself here). Too many times the media says one thing and the truth is the exact opposite. We've had a problem with our "insiders" like Chip Brown and Geoff Ketchum reporting breaking news like this, and especially with recruits.

Either way, we'll see. Let's hope everyone is healthy and remains that way. It's hard to stay injury free when you play against rough defenses like the two of ours.

What a load of crap!!!!!!

How many Texas games have you seen? 1 or 2 or even that many.

Texas fans are great fans, I have been to Austin numerous times, been to the Rose Bowl when they beat SC, the Holiday Bowl several times. Nothing but great fans, supporting their team win or lose. Are the confident, hell yes as they should be. You win 10 games every year for awhile you have the right to expect your team to win. So many forget the comments when we were the top dog, and the likely hood of us losing was beyond the realm of possiblity.

We need to get off our high horse, there are great football fans at every single program in the country. This crap that we are better than others is really getting old.

What a load of crap!!!!!!

How many Texas games have you seen? 1 or 2 or even that many.

Texas fans are great fans, I have been to Austin numerous times, been to the Rose Bowl when they beat SC, the Holiday Bowl several times. Nothing but great fans, supporting their team win or lose. Are the confident, hell yes as they should be. You win 10 games every year for awhile you have the right to expect your team to win. So many forget the comments when we were the top dog, and the likely hood of us losing was beyond the realm of possiblity.

We need to get off our high horse, there are great football fans at every single program in the country. This crap that we are better than others is really getting old.

AMEN!!

I have seen Three in person. The BIG XII Championship game in 1996 was my introduction to a drunken mob of Texas fans yelling every obscenity,taunting, and running their mouths and starting fights even in victory. The BIG XII Championship game in 1999 wasn't any different. The 1998 Game in Lincoln they were outnumbered so they were fairly quiet.

You say what you want. I've seen it with my own two eyes. I have NEVER seen Nebraska fans act that way. EVER. Win or lose.

I don't know what games you're attending but I bet they were in Lincoln!

I have seen Three in person. The BIG XII Championship game in 1996 was my introduction to a drunken mob of Texas fans yelling every obscenity,taunting, and running their mouths and starting fights even in victory. The BIG XII Championship game in 1999 wasn't any different. The 1998 Game in Lincoln they were outnumbered so they were fairly quiet.

You say what you want. I've seen it with my own two eyes. I have NEVER seen Nebraska fans that way. EVER. Win or lose.

I've seen many Husker fans act that way. In fact, every game I've been to I've seen stupid people in red. The fact is each of us represents "1" out of "80,000+". You and me may be gracious and cordial, what about the other 79,998?

Local bars are even worse when there is no fans from the other team present.

Nebraska is not above anyone. Actually, our self proclamation of the "classiest fans" puts us into an upper tier of arrogance. Gracious people are everywhere, so are stupid people.

What we can do as "1" is choose to embrace the gracious and ignore the stupid. Maybe, just maybe, without the attention they are craving, the "stupid" will just go away.