Does Watson GO?

Watson  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is how I see it: we're ONE offense away from being undefeated playing for the national championship!

Seriously though, we have no QB's in the system (except Green, who I think we underutilize). We have two WR's who are actually good, but our line can't protect Lee long enough (I guess it doesn't help that Lee goes down so easily). We have not enough IB's in the system. And on top of all that, Watson has Lee running the option all over the place, which simply does not work. That's how I see it at least.

After 2007, we took off running with the defense and forgot about the offense. Oops. We need to recruit some QB's (Green will be a good one I hope, if he can start developing), several good running backs, and some consistent wide receivers. The O-line looks like it's coming along with recruiting at least.

I agree... Cotton needs to go without a doubt! I said it from the day Tenopir retired. Looking forward the coach we will miss the MOST will be Milt Tenopir!

Everything starts up front and this season proves it more than any other i've ever witnessed! If Cotton is kept on the payroll, he MUST, not he should, but he MUST go learn how to coach linemen from Tenopir!

I voted for him to go last night, but I think he stays. I hope he does the right thing and uses Green in more than piss poor positions. Green could be that difference maker we have been searching for, if he is given time to develop.

Not trying to down Lee but there seems to be a mental component missing from his game. Green has the confidence and swagger needed to be a starting QB at NU.

I voted for one more year........... and here is why!

Did Shawn Watson become a horrible OC in just one year? I truly don't believe so.

Does he seem to have a problem finding the "identity" that his offense should have? I would say yes. That is what Spring and Fall practice is for.

Did he have the same playmakers this year that he did last year? I's say "HELL" no. Running backs were the only thing close to a year ago as far as production. The receivers, QB and Offensive Line were all much worse this year.

IMHO, you don't go from 9th in total offense to the horrid offense we had this year just because your coaching stinks and you shouldn't have a job. It happens because your talent on the feild leaves and the talent that was still here didn't meet the expectations of anyone, including themselves, this year. Now is that coaching? Yes some of it is.... but you don't get to be 9th in total offense last year because your a horrible coach with a little talent.

That is why I believe we give him one more year, with a little more experienced talent, and see what happens. Also, from everyone that I talked to last year thought that 2010 would be the year to see real, marked, sustainable improvement. Here is to a great bowl game and an even better 2010!!!! GBR

I think we need Watson to not be the QB coach anymore. I think when Ganz comes back to be GA, he should have full rein with the QBs.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Really?

Where did Joe Ganz learn to be the QB that he was? Wasn't Watson his QB coach?

Anybody here calling for Watson's head ever managed people? If so, I am sure that you have had "great" years where your people made you look better than you truly were and "bad" years where your people made you look much worse than you truly were.

looks like 4 members of the offenses staff has taken the does Watson go poll!! who in your right mind think there doing a great job? I've never been prouder to be a husker than when the d was on the feild. and never more dissapointed than with to O (zach lee has to be the worse QB in all of the ncaa)

I admit I voted that option because I thought it was hilarious and that the poll was kinda poorly done.

Me, too.

i vote wats for 1 more year, last year was top 20 in the nation in total offense. i feel this year will feed an intense qb competition for next year. whoever wants the job the most will earn it and have more success than this year. since wats is on the hot seat i feel he is gonna really step it up in the off season and come up with a plan to put some points up (so we won't have to lean on our defense every game). give the guy a chance, one bad year with a horrible 1st year starting qb and an inexperienced true freshman with all the potential in the world. i remember us dreading watson going to alabama and possible leaving to be a hc at new mexico, one bad year...things can't be worse next year (knock on wood).

Is Watson doing a bad job on the play calling, or is he calling the plays that Lee and the rest of the offense can handle? Hell last year, Ganz, Swift and Co. were torching people. I think it has more to do with the personnel (current players) than the OC.

No offense but what great defense was last years offense torching? Missou had a good d and they only scored 17 and that was after the game was already over. Oklahoma had a good defense but same thing. I will say it again but this offense has done nothing the last 5 years. Nebraska problems were not strictly defense in the Callahan era.

Anyone else get the feeling they were watching the Auburn - Nebraska bowl game again last night? Time after time Nebraska had good field position and nothing came of it. They also were supposed to have the big 12 offensive player of the year in that game to. Notice the same guy that was the D cord for Auburn is now the d - cord for Texas. If I remember right he said he loves to play against the west coast offense since it's the same plays over and over after the 15 scripted plays are done.

Who cares? They were still torching them. Something we haven't been doing faced with mediocre defenses this year. Our O last year was good, but nobody thinks it was world class good...a noodle-armed, undersized QB with marginally athletic receivers. What we were able to accomplish with what we had was damn impressive.

I certainly think we are missing the firepower at WR and Lee is freakin horrible. Even if we do have the right play call our line isn't good enough to give them time. So I give Wats a little break in that regard. However, where is the imagination? I understand not wanting to put the defense in a hole, but my God, where are the reverses? Where are the jet sweeps? Where are the throwbacks? Where are the halfback passes? Those don't put any strain on the defense unless someone makes a bad decision which could happen in the normal course of the game. Wats just shows zero imagination when calling a game. There was one play in the CU game where Lee audibled and the announcer says "this always means pass when Lee does this". Are you serious? If a freakin announcer can tell that when he has probably watched a couple clips of film and maybe one other game you don't think Muschamp or Venables or Stoops can pick apart our O. I give Wats one more year to show some sort of imagination then I'll be on the bandwagon.