Latest Heisman projections from StiffArmTrophy.com

Nexus

Gerhart is the guy. He's ahead by more than the expected margin of error. Suh is going to have a hard time staying with Ingram. I don't think McCoy will finish in the top three. He's being completely left off too many ballots. He's only on 44% of the ballots submitted thus far.

Winner: Toby Gerhart

Runner-up: Mark Ingram

Third: Ndamukong Suh

Fourth: Colt McCoy

We should still be happy. Suh is getting the invite. That's huge. I don't remember the last time a true defensive player finished in the top three. Woodson also played a good amount of offense and special teams.

I've said it elsewhere on here that the highest an interior defensive lineman has ever placed in the Heisman is 4th place back in '91. Steve Emtman from Washington.

So Suh snagging 3rd is a great thing.

I'm proud of him either way though. He did all we asked of him and then some.

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's pretty bad that Husker fans get this piece of trivia wrong, being that Rich Glover was a middle guard and finished 3rd in 1972.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Glover

Oops. My research failed me.

:facepalm::LOLtartar

But thank you for correcting me.

I shall wear my dunce cap for the rest of the day.

dunce2.jpg

I'd like to point out that Suh is actually leading the straight count and that the projections are based on historical regional bias. I really don't think the media on the coasts and the former winners are going to let a defensive player win, but I will mention that Suh being a non-traditional finalist as a defensive player may mean the projection is wrong. I have no proof, but it seems like this is the latest I've seen the majority of voters turn in their ballots.

I'd like to point out that Suh is actually leading the straight count and that the projections are based on historical regional bias. I really don't think the media on the coasts and the former winners are going to let a defensive player win, but I will mention that Suh being a non-traditional finalist as a defensive player may mean the projection is wrong. I have no proof, but it seems like this is the latest I've seen the majority of voters turn in their ballots.

I would say gerhart has the advantage at the beginning being in the most populous state, and all they see over there is pac-10 games. But i sure hope suh can get this, if not get second to make a statement!!

Give him a seat next to McCoy, so when he wins he can stiff arm mccoy out of his chair!!

A few things I noticed from the stiffarmtrophy.com rankings....

They say Johnny Rodgers put Suh at 3 even though the link they provide says he has him on his ballot but would not reveal any of his places.

I have a feeling this happens with several others, since there are many who have only one place listed for a player.

Dan Patrick's vote is not listed and neither is Tim Griffin's. Patrick had a poll on his site for his vote and Suh was a landslide. Griffin would also have Suh for sure on his ballot.

Mark Schlabach also does not have his ballot listed and he said on Jim Rome he had Suh #1.

Just some quick observations....

Interesting to see some of the miscellaneous votes:

•Teddy Greenstein voted #1 for Notre Dame WR Golden Tate.

•Billy Reed voted #2 for Notre Dame WR Golden Tate.

•Carson Palmer voted #3 for Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard.

•Mike DeArmond voted #3 for Missouri WR Danario Alexander.

•Ken Goe voted #3 for Oregon QB Jeremiah Masoli.

•C. Trent Rosencrans voted #3 for Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard.

•Doug Clarke voted #3 for Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard.

•Mark Kiszla voted #3 for Georgia Tech QB Josh Nesbitt.

•Jim Mashek voted #3 for Houston QB Case Keenum.

•Drew Sharp voted #3 for Central Michigan QB Dan LeFevour.

•Chuck Landon voted #2 for Houston QB Case Keenum.

•Chuck Landon voted #3 for Boise State QB Kellen Moore.

•Ryan Finley voted #3 for Bowling Green WR Freddie Barnes.

Interesting to see some of the miscellaneous votes:

•Teddy Greenstein voted #1 for Notre Dame WR Golden Tate.

•Billy Reed voted #2 for Notre Dame WR Golden Tate.

•Carson Palmer voted #3 for Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard.

•Mike DeArmond voted #3 for Missouri WR Danario Alexander.

•Ken Goe voted #3 for Oregon QB Jeremiah Masoli.

•C. Trent Rosencrans voted #3 for Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard.

•Doug Clarke voted #3 for Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard.

•Mark Kiszla voted #3 for Georgia Tech QB Josh Nesbitt.

•Jim Mashek voted #3 for Houston QB Case Keenum.

•Drew Sharp voted #3 for Central Michigan QB Dan LeFevour.

•Chuck Landon voted #2 for Houston QB Case Keenum.

•Chuck Landon voted #3 for Boise State QB Kellen Moore.

•Ryan Finley voted #3 for Bowling Green WR Freddie Barnes.

Have to admit, though, Gilyard is pretty bad ass!

That's disappointing. It seems like Suh is getting a lot of 1st place votes, but the people who aren't putting him at 1st place are more than likely going to leave him off their ballots all together rather than put him in 2nd or 3rd like they've been doing with Ingram and to an extent Gerhart.

I wouldn't be surprised if Suh gets the most 1st place votes this year, which shows that at least some people don't have their heads up their aces.

At least Ingram and Gerhart are at least the best of a down year on offense and they probably aren't going to give it to McCoy for a career achievement.