Notice has been sent out

Joe_5700

Give Texas some credit. Ok. It's not Texas fans or players fault that the BIG XII Officials suck.

If it were Nebraska in the same situation I would be adimant on the other side of the argument and not think twice about my BIG XII title or going to the National Championshio game.

Texas played hard and had enough points on the scoreboard to win at the end of the game.

Texas won because they held Nebraska's deplorable offense to 12 points and that is the ONLY reason why! Texas still got media whored up in disgusting fashion for being the better defense on the field on Saturday. Again, this is not the fault of Texas fans, coaches or players.

There. Credit for Texas! ROLL TIDE!

Texas didn't win the game, Nebraska lost the game. No more BS about :01. It was the right call and we all know it. Yes, the sting of being so close hurts, but we have noone else to blame for the loss.

The drive that Texas scored a TD was extended by a PI call in the endzone.

If we extend the drive before Henery's GW FG and punch the ball ahead for a first down (or even a TD), we run the clock down a then kick a FG to leave less time on the clock.

As soon as Ali kicked the ball out of the endzone, I knew that it wouldn't go unpunished. As good as our D had played in that game, I had that sinking feeling that Colt was gonna give it his all to get his team down to try to win it. In reality, he only had to complete one pass and let Asante do the rest.

Kick the ball into the endzone and we're talking about the Fiesta Bowl and how we have closed the gap to the South Division. Avoid the horse collar and maybe we prevent them from reaching the NCC.

There are so many 'what ifs' not just for the CCG, but the whole season to fill this board up until the spring game. I have a feeling the deadhorse emotion will move right up there with facepalm as the most worn out.

20 years from now, they will still be talking about that :01 CCG, how a #22 almost beat a #3, and how there was speculation that Texas got an extra play just so the Big XII had their representative in the NC game. Texas will brag about how they did it in the last second, and Nebraskans will still be whining about how we were robbed. Nothing is going to change that. The end result is not going to be changed, even if in our eyes, and the eyes of many others, they don't deserve it. This is all Colt McCoys fault, because of his lack of game presence - not knowing how much time was on the clock. If he had just thrown the ball into the ground, instead of lofting it out of bounds, there would have been time on the clock and this conversation would not be taking place. We would have been talking about Asante and his 15 yard penalty that gave them the extra yards needed to make this field goal. McCoy's blunder has probably cost him the Heisman Trophy or any chance he had in getting it in the eyes of anyone that watched and paid attention to that detail. And Asante will be forgotten in history in the scheme of this drive, even though it was his 15 yard horse collar penalty that got them close enough to even attempt this field goal, unless they were to make a 61 yard field goal instead of a 46 yarder...

This game is over, put it away until next year, and then bring it out to use it for motivation against Texas when we play them again. I would like to keep it civil between us and people from Texas. They have a good program, and I for one respect them, even if I didn't like that one call.

I don't want to have them looking at our fans as a bunch of whiners. Let it go, as I said it is over - take up the mantra "Wait until next year", because that is all we have, why get aggravated over something that is not going to change? We have had our period of time to bitch and complain, now let's look forward to Arizona and the Holiday Bowl. There will be a time to go for pay back...it isn't now.

It is the opinion of myself and hundres of thousands of other Husker fans that Nebraska DID win that game. Weather or not they record it that way or Texas keeps OUR trophy.

Umm...grats on the moral victory I guess? Or if this is condescending...I apologize that you didn't win outright? Sorry, not sure what I'm supposed to say to y'all anymore.

How about nothing. Continually empathizing with us and telling us we deserve a spot in the game and then telling us the call was correct. To me it's as though you're trying to give us some credit but just can't seem to stop looking down at us long enough to do so...just my take. Here come the attacks.

By the way. Congrats.

Can we all just calm down a little? We've had a few Texas fans come over to congratulate us on the defense's great game and all we're doing is griping at them.

What are these guys supposed to say? Imagine what you would say to a Texas fan if that second hadn't been put back on the clock, and treat these guys as you would want to be treated. You'd be gracious, you'd say it was the right call, you'd compliment them on their season and wish them luck in the bowl game. That's all these guys are doing, but we keep getting our hackles up and sniping at them.

Let's all take a step back, OK?

Hey, I was guilty of that myself yesterday. I'm not proud that I did it. Time to move on. Good post.

I for one am glad to see Nebraska re-emerging as a top tier team. The Big12 North has been seriously missing one for too long.

I hope you're still so supportive next year after you're packing up and leaving Lincoln October 16th.... I have a feeling you might not be so glad to have us re-emerging all over you next season :laughpound

Can we all just calm down a little? We've had a few Texas fans come over to congratulate us on the defense's great game and all we're doing is griping at them.

What are these guys supposed to say? Imagine what you would say to a Texas fan if that second hadn't been put back on the clock, and treat these guys as you would want to be treated. You'd be gracious, you'd say it was the right call, you'd compliment them on their season and wish them luck in the bowl game. That's all these guys are doing, but we keep getting our hackles up and sniping at them.

Hey, I was guilty of that myself yesterday. I'm not proud that I did it. Time to move on. Good post.

:yeah concur. good post Knapp.

:yeah

I watched the second to last play several times in slo-mo, watched nothing but ball and when it hit the ground I would hit freeze and every time I did the clock read :01. It wasn't a full second but there was time left.

As far as I'm concerned all the Texas posters here have behaved in a respectful manner ( anybody remember "Nebraskans4CU, and some of the Missery trolls?) and I wish them and their team good luck, kick the hell out of Bama and bring that trophy to the conference that it belongs in.

With that said Go Big RED and lets take another Stoops scalp in the Holiday Bowl!

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

The Texas loss will without a doubt sting for quite a while. This game however to me was a huge statement game by the staff and players. Look what this team in their second year of a complete overhaul has done. Before the season had begun, just about all fans had figured that we were going to lose against Oklahoma and to Texas (or Oklahoma again) IF we had gotten to the Big12 championship game. Not only does this team know that they can play against the upper echelon of teams. They know that they can also beat them. Say what you will about Oklahoma and the Bradford and Gresham injuries. Texas seemed to have their 4 year starter in on Saturday and he did not look so good against us. I only see Nebraska as a whole getting better with this coaching staff in place in the future. If I were Texas, I would be pretty nervous about facing Nebraska in the future.

As a TEXAS fan, I completely agree with you. I was thinking at the end of the game, that if NU can somehow figure out an offense, they should be very good in the coming years.

I feel for you guys. That was a tough loss. Last year when we lost to TT on the very last second, it took a long time to get over. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm over it. You guys played great and deserved a spot in that game. Good luck in the future, just don't get too good.

~v~

Deserved a spot in that game? That seems a little condescending. We deserved to win that game.

typical cornhusker--cant take a compliment! must revert to thumbsucking mode---wah wah--we should have won! actually you shouldn't have been there--be thankful for that

The Texas loss will without a doubt sting for quite a while. This game however to me was a huge statement game by the staff and players. Look what this team in their second year of a complete overhaul has done. Before the season had begun, just about all fans had figured that we were going to lose against Oklahoma and to Texas (or Oklahoma again) IF we had gotten to the Big12 championship game. Not only does this team know that they can play against the upper echelon of teams. They know that they can also beat them. Say what you will about Oklahoma and the Bradford and Gresham injuries. Texas seemed to have their 4 year starter in on Saturday and he did not look so good against us. I only see Nebraska as a whole getting better with this coaching staff in place in the future. If I were Texas, I would be pretty nervous about facing Nebraska in the future.

As a TEXAS fan, I completely agree with you. I was thinking at the end of the game, that if NU can somehow figure out an offense, they should be very good in the coming years.

I feel for you guys. That was a tough loss. Last year when we lost to TT on the very last second, it took a long time to get over. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm over it. You guys played great and deserved a spot in that game. Good luck in the future, just don't get too good.

~v~

Deserved a spot in that game? That seems a little condescending. We deserved to win that game.

typical cornhusker--cant take a compliment! must revert to thumbsucking mode---wah wah--we should have won! actually you shouldn't have been there--be thankful for that

Haha. Lost in the last second. You're right. We had no business being in that game. You're a sad, sad, little person.

~v~

Don't come on to our forum and start talking trash. You know as well as any other person that watched that game that UT was lucky to escape that game with a W. I'm not whining and bitching about the team being screwed, although, obviously, I thought that Saturday night in my drunken rage.

And as for us not deserving to be there... you guys didn't deserve to win, so be thankful for that :worship