Offensive Coordinator

does anyone know what kind of offense he runs down there?

The kind that scores points

That's my favorite offense! :)

Now that's funny.

One thing that makes me think Sims might at least be joining the staff in some capacity is that Sims is trying to sway one of his players that committed to South Florida to head to Nebraska instead. When I have more time I'll try and find that article.

Well I see a O-Line Commit from Hutchinson CC in Kansas, but I don't see anyone from Fort Scott CC.

Dirk Chatelain

Frank Solich

Joel Makovicka (knows everything about football just ask him)

Great idea! All three of them could be co-offensive coordinators. And we could promote Barney Cotton to Associate Head Coach again—you know, to supervise the three vast offensive geniuses and such. Brilliant!

This is a great, great thread with lots of really good football ideas!!

They run I-formations at Ft. Scott.

I found an old Brandon Kinnie article that confirmed it. Here's the snippet of that article.

He compiled 845 yards on 62 receptions with 10 touchdowns, statistics more incredible when you consider the team's offensive philosophy was running the football out of the I-formation.

http://www.cornnation.com/2009/8/7/980589/...great-potential

Dirk Chatelain

Frank Solich

Joel Makovicka (knows everything about football just ask him)

Great idea! All three of them could be co-offensive coordinators. And we could promote Barney Cotton to Associate Head Coach again—you know, to supervise the three vast offensive geniuses and such. Brilliant!

This is a great, great thread with lots of really good football ideas!!

I think that's been done...

Let's say Bo does decide to replace Shawn Watson.

Who do we replace him with?

Larry Porter - LSU

Rob Ianello - Notre Dame

Ed Warinner - Kansas

Reggie Mitchell - Illinois

Norm Chow - UCLA

Brian Polian - Notre Dame

Can we go after any of these top names?

Larry Porter has taken the head coach job at Memphis. I like Chow but don't see him as fit here. Illinois? No thank you. Ianello should get interviewed...great recruiter and the offense was not the issue at ND. This guy has worked well with skill players and could get some top QB's, RB's, and WR's in here to play. He'd be on my list.

Didn't Weis take over play calling before this guy started? I don't think that is a good idea, we need an experienced play-caller to come in or somebody that was around when TO was calling plays. I wonder if we don't have a good candidate on the staff, however I am not sure it fits him as well.

Watson and Gilmore are let go, Frost and Ganz replace them, Ron Brown as Offensive Coordinator? Like I said, it is a pipe dream. I am not aware of Brown as a play caller at any time in his career but he is a fantastic coach and I'm sure would work with TO to figure it out.

Again, don't crucify me for this, just a thought that probably wouldn't work. However, the Frost/Ganz upgrade would be nice.

Not going to crucify you, but there are a couple things I question here.

This is NOT Tom Osborne's team. If it were, he would be the coach. He is not Nebraska's Head Football Coach. He does NOT (should not) run the team. That is Bo Pelini's job. Therefore we do not need somebody that was around during Osborne's time.

Ron Brown is a fine person, but he has no experience running an offense. He has experience teaching receivers (whether they be WRs or TEs) how to block. His unit was not incredibly strong this year. The idea of him at Offensive Coordinator is scary.

If you want a new coordinator to run the offense, its going to take more than just finding old Nebraska people and plugging them in. Saying they have "more passion" does not make them good fits for certain positions. Is Watson the answer? I don't know, but he's the current OC, has the support of his HC, and therefore deserves our support.

Let's say Bo does decide to replace Shawn Watson.

Who do we replace him with?

Larry Porter - LSU

Rob Ianello - Notre Dame

Ed Warinner - Kansas

Reggie Mitchell - Illinois

Norm Chow - UCLA

Brian Polian - Notre Dame

Can we go after any of these top names?

Larry Porter has taken the head coach job at Memphis. I like Chow but don't see him as fit here. Illinois? No thank you. Ianello should get interviewed...great recruiter and the offense was not the issue at ND. This guy has worked well with skill players and could get some top QB's, RB's, and WR's in here to play. He'd be on my list.

Didn't Weis take over play calling before this guy started? I don't think that is a good idea, we need an experienced play-caller to come in or somebody that was around when TO was calling plays. I wonder if we don't have a good candidate on the staff, however I am not sure it fits him as well.

Watson and Gilmore are let go, Frost and Ganz replace them, Ron Brown as Offensive Coordinator? Like I said, it is a pipe dream. I am not aware of Brown as a play caller at any time in his career but he is a fantastic coach and I'm sure would work with TO to figure it out.

Again, don't crucify me for this, just a thought that probably wouldn't work. However, the Frost/Ganz upgrade would be nice.

Not going to crucify you, but there are a couple things I question here.

This is NOT Tom Osborne's team. If it were, he would be the coach. He is not Nebraska's Head Football Coach. He does NOT (should not) run the team. That is Bo Pelini's job. Therefore we do not need somebody that was around during Osborne's time.

Ron Brown is a fine person, but he has no experience running an offense. He has experience teaching receivers (whether they be WRs or TEs) how to block. His unit was not incredibly strong this year. The idea of him at Offensive Coordinator is scary.

If you want a new coordinator to run the offense, its going to take more than just finding old Nebraska people and plugging them in. Saying they have "more passion" does not make them good fits for certain positions. Is Watson the answer? I don't know, but he's the current OC, has the support of his HC, and therefore deserves our support.

The other thing is that Ganz has ZERO coaching experience. You want to make him a full time assistant over Coleman and other GA/Interns that actually have a fair amount of coaching experience?

The kind that scores points

That's my favorite offense! :)

Now that's funny.

One thing that makes me think Sims might at least be joining the staff in some capacity is that Sims is trying to sway one of his players that committed to South Florida to head to Nebraska instead. When I have more time I'll try and find that article.

Well I see a O-Line Commit from Hutchinson CC in Kansas, but I don't see anyone from Fort Scott CC.

Sorry it was JPP in last year's class. At least it shows Sims has strong ties to Nebraska:

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/s...ntion-powerful/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I was scouting around to see who I would look at for OC and ran into this site. Here's who I like:

Burton Burns - Bama, Associate Head Coach/Running Backs

Bryan Harsin - Boise State, Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks

Jarrett Anderson - TCU, Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs

I really like Burns the best, especially since he played for Devaney and Osborne. Most of all, every article I've read on him is just staggering at how good of a teacher, mentor, recruiter, and hard charger he is. Do a google on Burns and Best Teachers in the Business and you'll find a great article from Tidesports.

Harsin was mentioned earlier, and his record and results read well. Would he move to a bigger school at the same position?

Anderson has 12 years experience starting with Oline, then 8 yrs with Receivers, and now RBs. Promoted to Co-O Coordinator last Feb. I think he's ready for the full OC gig.

Post 69 :woo